1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will be the most fun lineup next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Aug 4, 2021.

1. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

He is also by far our least efficient player. High volume, low efficiency. I hope he improves.

peleincubus likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I mean.... say it ain’t so. The youngest player on the team besides I guess Martin. In a new role with the ball in his hands way more trying to create for others. Taking a lot of shots. Is a guard.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How so? When I pull up the numbers KPJ is on par with veteran leader John Wall in many markers while taking less shots and a lower usage rate. Keep in mind it was year 1 for the kid as a PG. I would agree that he needs to be better in protecting the ball and shot selection. Defense of course is something that MUST be addressed, but I would not go so far as calling him the least efficient player on the team.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. SuperKev

Hopefully with so many promising players surrounding him KPJ will show consistent improvement. Also players like JG's work ethic might lift the team even more. Time will tell.

5. SuperKev

John Wall is near the bottom of the entire NBA in efficiency. Comparing KPJ to the bottom of the barrel in the NBA to try to make this look good is just embarrassing. The combination of John Wall and KPJ on the court at the same time would yield like a -16 on/off score. But KPJ takes 21 shots a game at a 25% lower than league average success rate. This will consistently lose games. KPJ's DRTG is a whopping 116 on the defensive side so saying that should improve is a vast understatement.

Both of them have the potential to improve this year and hopefully they do.

However, if they perform the same as last year we can expect very poor results.

#25 SuperKev, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps he is pushed to the bench permanently in a year or two. Plays against backups. Less minutes along with improvement and will be a huge positive at that point. I dunno

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

HA! There it is! Another cleverly disguised "I hate KPJ, BUT" post. SMH. Go ahead and ignore the fact that I tried to compare him TO THE GUYS ON THIS TEAM! But you need to make sure he sucks when compared to the NBA - got it!

KPJ does not take 21 shots a game WTF are you talking about? Nobody on this team did not even Harden. How far are you willing to go to slander and smear KPJ? By the reaction I'd guess pretty far.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2021.html

Throwing around advanced stats in assessing a 21 year old 1st year PG is what is embarrassing.

8. MadRox

MadRox Member

Can't have too many weak D play at same time so for me it is:
    Wall/Green/Tate/Theis/Wood

Bench brigade:
    KPJ/Gordon/Martin/Garuba/Sengun

#28 MadRox, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    CriscoKidd likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Kevin Porter jr / Jalen Green / Kenyon Martin jr / Wood / Garuba

You asked most fun

10. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Porter, Green, Martin, Garuba, Sengun...(most exciting) By the the end of the year, depending on Silas' sets, I could see Sengun putting up similar numbers to Wood with much better rebounding.

11. Rockets4Life13

Thank you for fighting the good fight

12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

PG Gordon
    SG Gordon
    SF Gordon
    PF Gordon
    C Gordon

[​IMG]

HP3 likes this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

There's a lot of hops in that crew. They'll look like they're in a bounce house.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Wood
    Sengun
    KMJ
    Green
    KPJ

theDude and jev5555 like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

This is the way.

sirjesse likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I’m a fake fan. Never forget. :rolleyes:

17. Rockets4Life13

Is that something i said? If so, i can't remember.

18. DonatelloLimestone

KPJ and Green making em slide everywhere

Tate and KMJ bringing that grit and shocking bigger defenderes with their pit bull strenght mentality and attitude

wood continuing to get bucks with a chip on his shoulder

Sengun on the high post like kelly in silas's offense or makign slick passes as they young athletic gunners fly around him left or right with plenty of options of who he can hit the ball too

then garuba...block party.

We're gonna have some fun losing and competing this year, unlike last year. Looking forward to see what silas cooks up now that he has some time and familiarity and stability in this kitchen.

19. DonatelloLimestone

Harden can drop jaws and show him stuff with a magic step back in ways you have never seen before, his tight handles, or just a surgeon picking apart the offense making the defenders dance.

that part of him was fun

the hunting for fouls ,etc was ust him knowing the percentages of the game and taking advantage of what rules and playing the numebrs and making it easier, it was the smart thing to do. not the entertaining thing to do

kpj is young and recklesss, he aint gonna get ot htat point for another 5-7 years so he can just be the fun part of harden.

i agree about ball. Who ever gives him a leash will be in for a surprise. the ball brothers are like jason kidd, tey make the hockey pass, they don't dominate the ball, they just keep pushing it forward adn moving...people will love playing with them

i'd love to have him, but I'm happy with kpj. not a traditional point, neither was harden ,but he can be a problem and thw two headed monster backcourt of green and him will be a lot of fun for houston, and an absolute headache for the opp

peleincubus likes this.
  20. kiwirocketsfan

Sengun, Martin, Christopher, Green, KPJ

So many lobs.