1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kemba Agrees to Buyout/Signing With Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Aug 4, 2021.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Looking at you John Wall.

So Kemba had 2 years and over 73 million left on his contract. Can’t wait to see if he gave money back like Blake Griffin in Detroit last year. Can’t see us buying Wall out without him making some concessions.

https://hoopshype.com/player/kemba-walker/salary/

#1 vator, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    sirjesse, tinman and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

3. Nook

Nook Member

OUCH! He would have been a perfect fit for the Clippers.... I bet old man West isn't happy right now and Balmer is livid.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wow, Presti finds a deal he can’t flip!

Walker: $73,669,500
    Wall: $91,677,600

sirjesse, napalm06, linvetb6 and 3 others like this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

Wonder what happens to Quickley. Looks like a good prospect. I don't think the Rockets have the space for him with KPJ and Green needing the time for development, but I am sure some team could develop him now.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

leaves money on the table... joins knicks...

[​IMG]

7. vator

And they just signed Derrick Rose, Alec Burks, and Evan Fournier to fairly sizable contracts. Crowded backcourt with the addition of Kemba. Quickley might be the odd man out here.

linvetb6, roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

And just like that as I said yesterday the Knicks find a way to prove my point. Both Knicks and Bulls stacking guards at high prices, glad we are from an incompetent franchise.

9. xaos

xaos Member

What was the point you made?

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So far, Stone seems to be leading, which is great.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

That both franchises are just trying to get their hands on players , creating a glut at one position while ignoring another. Knicks did it a few off-seasons ago at forward / center and now guards. Just doing it willy nilly and it’s a sign of incompetence.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

But whats the point of buying Wall out? This FA agency pool is weak AF thats why derozan gets to make 20M a year.

Maybe next year we can talk about a buy out.

clos4life likes this.
  13. vator

The point is if Wall is on this team he almost certainly starts. He’s still a good player, objectively probably still the best guard on the team for now, he just doesn’t fit. Wall starting means either Green, KPJ or Tate doesn’t start and you’re taking the ball out of KPJ’s hands slowing his developmental curve. KPJ played SF his rookie season, but I don’t really love him defensively there in the starting lineup with Wall and Green. Not starting Green is something I don’t think us as fans would be happy with. Tate is the least heralded of the 4 and would do whatever the team asks him to do, but his presence in a starting lineup just makes too much sense.

Wall has to go. Simple as that. I don’t know how, but it needs to happen. This year. Trade or buyout. Easier said than done since he’s tied as the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/players/

ElPigto likes this.
  14. vator

3rd option

hajkov, napalm06, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They also just drafted 3 more guards.

roslolian and vator like this.
  16. vator

Oh yeah! Great point. I completely forgot about them drafting Grimes and McBride. Both guys I wouldn’t have been mad with at our pick at 24 although I’m very happy with Christopher. I’m not familiar with the foreign guy’s game or if he’s coming over this year. Definitely a logjam situation either way. And this is also assuming they utilize RJ Barrett more as a SF.

17. Fantasma Negro

I don't how to feel about this yet. It's a low risk, high reward move. Kemba is a decent playmaker, can shoot and distribute, and he can drive and kick the way Thibs likes. The big issue of course is his health. It looks like they will platoon the pg position with Kemba and Rose getting the bulk of the minutes and then the rook McBride doing mop up duty when the opportunity presents itself, Vildoza might not make the roster. The talent is still there but that knee is a big concern but I expect a hungry Kemba to fit in seamlessly. If Kemba can be healthy and effective and the Myles Turner rumors are true, this team is going to be nice

Quickley is a shooting guard, he'll be battling Grimes for minutes this season. Frank Ntilikina on the other hand is a free agent, the rockets can try and develop him

#17 Fantasma Negro, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

19. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

So when they do a buyout, in this case he's owed 74 mill.

How much do they usually agree on? Like here's 70 and leave us?

20. Fantasma Negro