1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

it appears that UPS has found support near the 50% retracement level, ~ 188.5, bouncing off it, heading towards ~38% level near 196.

my eyes tell me that the new island formed near the 188/198 range, will reverse direction to join the upward-trend line (above 210) again.

[​IMG]
    the price of UPS option contracts is relatively inexpensive, IV of ~ 21%;

constructed a bullish Calendar CALL spread, w the 195 strike, Long Jan 2023, Short Sep 2021, net/net costing me $15.

the strategy is to keep rolling-forward the short leg to a higher strike w a farther expiration date---collecting a monthly premium--- to where,
    at Jan 2013 expiration, I'd be cash flow positive on this spread, w the long leg gaining at least $30 points. w a stock price target of >$220

#16921 adoo, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  2. adoo

adoo Member

GM has been side-ways since early Feb, next ERS will be on Wed

[​IMG]
    i see a bounce off the low channel, going into the ERS.

sold a Sep bullish 60/55 PUT spread, collecting $2.45 premium, defining my max risk to be $2.55

saitou likes this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Perion Network EPS beats by $0.06, beats on revenue

Second Quarter 2021 Highlights

• Advertising revenue growth of 211% (or 134% on pro forma basis) fueled by broad-based adoption of our video and CTV offerings, leading to an increase of average campaign spend by 58% and a 67% increase in number of clients;
    • Search advertising revenue growth of 24%, primarily driven by increased performance advertising spend by brands;
    • The inherent and strategically constructed operating leverage in our business model increased adjusted EBITDA margin to 33% of revenue excluding traffic acquisitions costs compared to 10% in the second quarter of 2020; and
    • Net cash provided by operating activities was $14.6 million; Perion has $141 million in cash and zero debt as of June 30, 2021.
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/3723649-perion-network-eps-beats-0_06-beats-on-revenue

Solid earnings. If price goes up, will prob sell covered calls later in the day.

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Camping World Holdings, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2021 Results and Raises Full Year Guidance due to Continued Demand

LINCOLNSHIRE, IL--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Camping World Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CWH) (the “Company”), America’s Recreation Dealer, today reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021.

Second Quarter Operating Highlights(1)

• Revenue was a record $2.062 billion, an increase of $455.1 million, or 28.3%
    • Gross profit was a record $759.8 million, an increase of $271.2 million, or 55.5%, and gross margin was 36.9%, an increase of 644 basis points
    • Net income was a record $246.1 million, an increase of $82.9 million, or 50.8%. Net income margin was 11.9% versus 10.2% for the second quarter of 2020
    • Diluted earnings per share of Class A common stock was $2.33 and adjusted earnings per share - diluted(2) of Class A common stock was $2.51
    • Adjusted EBITDA(2) was a record $333.3 million, an increase of $112.6 million, or 51.0%, and adjusted EBITDA margin(2) was 16.2% for the second quarter versus 13.7% for the second quarter of 2020
    • Vehicle inventories increased by $67.3 million: new vehicle inventories were down $65.5 million and used vehicle inventories were up $132.8 million
    • On June 3, 2021, we refinanced our senior secured credit facilities, reducing our outstanding principal by $38.6 million, extending the term to 2028, and lowering the applicable margin rate by 25 bps.
    • Nine RV dealership locations were acquired in the second quarter of 2021. We currently have operating dealerships, agreements to acquire land or existing RV dealerships, or have dealerships under construction in 46 of the 48 contiguous states.
    2021 Adjusted EBITDA Guidance Update

Marcus Lemonis, Chairman and CEO of Camping World Holdings, Inc. stated, “Our team’s strong performance for the quarter has allowed us to reach a Company high Trailing Twelve-Month Adjusted EBITDA(2) of $831 million. As a result, we are raising our 2021 fiscal year guidance(3) of Adjusted EBITDA of $770 million to $810 million to a revised Adjusted EBITDA of $840 million to $860 million.”

(1) Unless otherwise indicated, all financial comparisons in this press release compare our financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021 to our financial results from the second quarter ended June 30, 2020.

(2) Adjusted earnings per share – diluted, adjusted EBITDA, adjusted EBITDA Margin, and Trailing Twelve-Month Adjusted EBITDA are non-GAAP measures. For a reconciliation of these non-GAAP measures to the most directly comparable GAAP measures, see the “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” section later in this press release. A reconciliation for the Company’s Adjusted EBITDA outlook to the corresponding GAAP measure on a forward-looking basis cannot be provided without unreasonable efforts, as we are unable to provide reconciling information with respect to certain items. However, in 2021 the Company expects equity-based compensation of approximately $27-30 million, depreciation and amortization of approximately $53-58 million, other interest expense of approximately $47-50 million, and restructuring charges of approximately $10-13 million, each of which is a reconciling item to Net Income.

(3) Prior guidance provided on May 4, 2021.

Stock Repurchase Program

On October 30, 2020, the Company’s Board of Directors authorized a stock repurchase program for the repurchase of up to $100.0 million of the Company’s Class A common stock, expiring on October 31, 2022.

During the three months ended June 30, 2021, the Company repurchased 1,149,742 shares of Class A common stock under this program for approximately $45.5 million, including commissions paid, at a weighted average price per share of $39.55, which is recorded as treasury stock on the condensed consolidated balance sheets. As of June 30, 2021, the remaining approved amount for repurchases of Class A common stock under the share repurchase program was approximately $33.0 million.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

short covering on NFLX has waned.
    more timbering action to come. the support at the 50 dma has been broken.
    the fall is heading to the lower channel, below 500,

[​IMG]

just rolled fwd the short leg of my bearish PUT spread, 540/515 PUT spread, to a lower PUT strike w a farther expiration, and still collect a premium.

this bearish spread has morphed to become 540/510 PUT spread

#16925 adoo, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

fwiw, TAs depict a bearish engulfing candlestick pattern, showing that
    • sellers have overtaken the buyers and are pushing the price more aggressively down (down candle) than the buyers were able to push it up (up candle).

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bearishengulfingp.asp#:~:text=A bearish engulfing pattern is,signals lower prices to come.&text=The pattern can be important,it up (up candle).

saitou likes this.
  7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

$HOOD lol wtf

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like CWH and other trailer park REITs, but that's a play on people not being able to own overpriced homes.

Wood got in Hood.

I guess if you're optimistic about the economy, why not?

saitou likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

looks like it recovered? no longer engulfing yeah? weird day, both cwh and peri slid on fantastic earnings at start of day, then slowly recovered.

FLGT been showing strength, likely in sympathy with covid fears. Earnings next week.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

makes sense. i don't know why it's trading so cheaply tbh. market seems to keep expecting growth to fall off a cliff after covid, but it's been a multi-year growth story as they roll-up smaller operators, and they beat and raised guidance for 6 qtrs in a row now, while CEO has been buying shares, the company has been doing buybacks, and they pay a decent dividend.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

Moderna just climbing. 386 as of this post.

saitou likes this.
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

All the covid vaccine and covid testing stocks up I think

Sajan likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

15. adoo

adoo Member

yes, that was yesterday, later in the trading day, lots of buyers came out to buy.

this AM, so far, another bearish engulfing pattern forming. see if there is enough buyers to thwart the shortists' effort to take it down

saitou likes this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

GM missed slightly on Q2, owing to the chip shortage, but raised guidance for the rest of 2021

[​IMG]

double down on the sept 60/55 bullish PUT spread; only this time i collected a premium of $2.75​

saitou likes this.
  17. Sajan

Sajan Member

Robinhood Markets (NASDAQ:HOOD) jumps 65% after the stock resumes trading.
    That coincides with Cathie Wood's ARK Innovation ETF adding to its stake in HOOD.

Maybe pop today is due to options started trading?

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Man. AMD is ripping!
    congrats @adoo

19. adoo

adoo Member

u have me confused w someone else.

i have always like AMD/Lisa Su.
    but since Dec, i've been 1 for 4 insofar as profitable trades on AMD.
    been hesitant, and too much $ tied up w my bearish spread on NFLX, missed the set up on AMD​

#16939 adoo, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Sajan likes this.