1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rockets Turn Down Philly Offers for Tobias Harris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Aug 1, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Wall has less years remaining on his contract than Harris. No thanks. Both are overpaid

Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

yikes

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'd love to know what deal Morey offered... probably offered Harris and a protected 1st for Gordon, Wood and a young talent. Just his pre-season test on who he can fleece later on

Corrosion likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I don’t believe this, Morey loves Harris game and personality. He compliments Embiid well.

I think the Rockets are trolling Morey, and I also think they leaked those reports of Morey demanding outrageous assets for Ben Simmons. If not the Rockets then probably Klutch Sports. You can clearly see some money has been spent to make the Sixers look bad.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I’d rather have wall not even close, tanking is a must

Corrosion likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

yo man tell Morey to lose our number.

[​IMG]

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the only person Morey has ever loved was Harden.

8. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I agree 100 % we earned every bit of that and had to endure with a bad season that is a Big No for me as well

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I would certainly trade Wall for Harris and anything they want to throw in. I would trade Wall for anything as long as we don’t have to attach a pick or young player.

If he worked on his fitness and 3pt shot, maybe by mid season when there’s 1.5 seasons left on his contract we can find someone to take him for 2-3 expiring contracts. It’s gotta be a team that just needs a 3rd-4th best player to contend.

groovemachine and Jontro like this.
  10. HardenVolumeOne

Its obvious the league is againist morey, and a lot of these sources are informants still pissed that morey made those comments on china. LeBron probably blames morey for his space jam 2 movie being banned in china and not the chinese historical anti-black racism

morey is going out the same way sadly his protege did.. sam hinkie. The league can blacklist you and make it hard on you if they dont like you. Look at how the league has screwed harden in the playoffs over the years with crooked refs, and as soon as he joins an unerfable team. All of a sudden then the league wants to crackdown on harden( watch how harden is officiated this upcoming season) the league doesnt want morey or harden being remembered for changing the game. The Nets best chance to win a ring was this past season before these new rules go in affect( that will give the nba refs even more power and influence on a game)

NewAge likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  12. pass_to_Hakeem

Lol….. Simmons for Wall would never happen in our life time my dewd

13. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Tobias Harris is a slightly better Eric Gordon with a much worse contract. No thanks.

BHannes2BHonest and Corrosion like this.
  14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Too early

Pat and D-rock like this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not touching Simmons even for Wall , his contract is TWO Years longer and dude doesn't even try to fix what's broke .... doesn't even care. He's already made enough $$ to live lavishly for the duration.

luckyman76, 34to11 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why though? Harris has an extra year on his contract and his contract is as immoveable as Wall's. I'd just as soon get it over with.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. Denovo

Denovo Member

For player development purposes. Harris would slot at the 3 and 4 giving KPJ and Green the full time keys to the backcourt.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

ok, but why? TH had a most productive season, so why trade him? And to this version of TheGoodGuys? Nonsensical.

19. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I think TH has way more value than Wall. I don't really understand the hate TH receives. A 3/4 forward who averages 20 ppg while shooting 40% from 3 and plays decent defense? He's overpaid, but still very valuable, and he'd slot in well here, particularly if the deal centered around Wall-for-TH.

KPJ / Augustin
    Green / Gordon / Thomas
    Harris / House / Brooks
    Tate / Sengun
    Wood / Garuba

There's some interesting balance there.

csnerd84 and D-rock like this.
  20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member