1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Got it, thanks man. I watched some, it sounds like every other accusation.
    The grabbing her should constitute assault.
    The shop owner should be an accomplice imo

DreamShook likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

-22 y/o woman has decided to come forward despite everyone telling her not to to give you an inside look at what transpired in a room—I have to say allegedly because I was not there—with her and Deshaun Watson.

-Been working with her 2 weeks now. Under the weather with COVID. Despite that, still muscled up enough energy to give a very vivid, in-detail look at how it went in that room.

(Nia Reese Lewis-Smith)

You are a massage therapist. You did massage Deshaun Watson. Unfortunately, you were allegedly assaulted by Deshaun. You are one of 22 victims accusing him of sexual assault.

When did you meet Deshaun Watson?

I believe it was June of last year. I received a DM on my instagram. I was at home just going through my messages. Normally I’ll wake up with a few massage requests & people try to book through my DM, which is fine. This DM in particular, I was a little confused because I saw this person had millions of followers.

I asked my friend who was with me “Who is this person with millions of followers trying to get a massage from me.”

“It’s Deshaun Watson.”

“Who’s Deshaun Watson?”

“Quarterback for the Texans.”

I don’t follow sports so I’m like is that “Basketball or football?”

“Man you need to take this seriously.”

I replied. He said “Can I book a massage?” My response was “What time were you looking to come in?” I believe he was trying to come in at noon. There was a bit of conflict because this was a Sunday morning. We normally don’t open the salons on Sunday. Once the owner of the Salon found out who it was, she was feeling under the weather at the time but was willing to unlock the doors.

We met up around 3 on like June 7th. We went from instagram to text messaging. He gave me his my number, I gave him my number. He told me that we would have to speak over the phone to discuss what I believe he said were “his focus points”. He was very adamant we focus on his glutes. Me being 21 at the time, I didn’t think anything of it. He’s an athlete, he wants to focus on his glutes, that’s perfectly fine with me. Cool. I told him my rate and he came in. Then things just kinda went weird.

When you say went weird, was it immediately?

It was gradual. The first meeting was not the worst. It always escalated each appointment. The only thing that really bothered me in the first appointment is he kept asking me to go inside his butt. I was so confused. All of male clients, any of my clients, I’ll stop at the lower thigh. He kept asking me to go inside.

The crack or the hole?

I originally thought it was the crack. I go around that area and he still isn’t satisfied. He was very adamant and said “Don’t be afraid to go inside.” In my mind I’m like “There’s nothing further. There’s no where I can go unless it’s inside of his anus.” It totally threw me back. Soon as I was done with the massage, the owner of the salon was sitting in the waiting area. We were the only 2 in the salon. I was like “Girl, you won’t believe what just happened.”

“What?”

“He kept trying to make me go inside his butt. He didn’t want me to massage his arms, his neck, his back, his arms, his feet.” It was “I want inside my butt.” She’s like “Do you think he likes men?” I’m like “I don’t know what this is. I don’t why he’d come to the north side of Houston to get a massage from me. I’m 21. He’s asking me to massage the inside of his butt.”

I wasn’t offended but thought something my client may be ashamed of. He didn’t want anyone to know. He told me over the phone “Let’s keep this discreet.” I didn’t think it would go any further than that. Maybe he doesn’t want the people in the NFL to know he has this thing he likes?

When We booked our next appointment, I didn’t think it would turn the way it did.

What happened?

The 2nd appointment was really inappropriate. He was very touchy-feely. He would act like he accidentally brushed up against my butt. If I was on the side of his neck or at the front of the massage table and massage their neck, he would reach his hands back and try to grab my butt or act like he accidentally brushed up against me.

It was to the point there came a time I massaged him from a distance. He kept trying to touch me and I had to keep jumping back. Like the first massage, he said he didn’t want the rest of his body massaged. He wanted his groin area massaged and his butt only. He was fully waxed. He kept saying “Do you want to put it in your mouth?” It was very, very uncomfortable. I’m trying to be professional but still get through this hour long massage without conflict. I didn’t want any conflict. I knew the owner of the salon was proud to have this person as a client and that was her main focus at the time. Keep this person happy.

There came a time where he’d be erect the entire time. He had pre-c*m coming out of his penis. It was all over his stomach. He kept telling me to rub in that area or try to make me touch it. It was the most uncomfortable time in my life and it seemed like that hour was taking so long. I remember cutting the massage short, like 15 minutes, pretending it was a full hour. It was really weird.

After you cut the massage short, did you tell him it made you uncomfortable?

Verbally, no. He definitely knew because there was multiple multiple times where I had to push his hand away from me from grabbing in between my legs. He would always make this comments like “What?” Like when you’re doing something wrong and you’re like “What? What?” We both knew this wrong. He knew I didn’t want him touching me like that. He would always respond “What?”

Was this his first time at this particular salon?

He found me on instagram. That’s how he found our salon.

Was there a 3rd session?

Yes.

How did that go?

3rd session, basically he didn’t give a ****. Normally I do the same drill with all my clients. I walk to the door, here’s some towels, here’s a blanket, restroom to your right hand side, I’ll give you 5 minutes, you can undress and put the draping on. He blatantly told me he would not put any draping on, that I did not need to leave the room, he took his pants off right in front of me, he laid on the bed and refused to wear the towel covering.

Basically he told me “You know my focus points. I don’t want anything else.” With him, I would get so nervous and would start at his feet because I knew what he was going to ask me to do. He definitely did not want a typical massage. When I tried to massage his legs, I could tell he was getting very agitated and irritated or I would act like I didn’t understand his instructions sometimes so I could stay on the leg area. He basically told me “You know my focus points.” He would make me massage his butt. The 3rd session, he blatantly asked me to have sex with him. He told me he had a condom in his bag. He always kept a bag with him. He just requesting sex from me. He did touch me in between my legs.

The entire 3rd session, I had to do everything from a distance. He wouldn’t keep his hands to himself. Eventually I had to decide that would be the last time I would massage him against everyone’s wishes. In the mean time between time, the owner of the salon had introduced so many girls to Deshaun Watson. At this point in time, I wasn’t the only one massaging him from the salon. The people she was inviting in didn’t even work at the salon. I don’t know where she was getting these people from. She was like “Hey, do you want to massage Deshaun Watson?” I think he was getting annoyed on all the people she was trying to push on him for money wise.

There was a point in time he texted me “Is the salon owner going to be there?” I’m like “I don’t think she’s gonna be there. Is there a concern?” He tried to meet me at a hotel room and said he would reimburse me for the cost because he didn’t want to be around her. Then there were things we had to go through in order to massage him which was irritating. He paid the same amount everyone else paid but no one else could be in the salon. We had to make sure no one was in front of the salon. We had to make sure he could walk through the back door. We couldn’t talk. I always had to keep my phone off. I have the flash come on when my phone rings. Someone was calling me repeatedly which is the way I have my “Do not disturb” set up. If someone calls me repeatedly, the call will come through and I think he thought I was recording him when my phone started flashing and he freaked out. He jumped out of the bed. I explained to him “Someone is calling me. I briefly told them I can’t talk right now.”

It was a lot to deal with for the same amount of money I’d get from my regular clients and I felt disgusted after the fact. No one really cared. I expressed my concerns to the owner of the salon but she was infatuated that we had Deshaun Watson as a client. There were moments where they met up outside of the salon. I didn’t know a lot of the other things they were doing which I found out later on around the 3rd meeting. “OK, so this lady is obsessed with him and that’s why I’m stuck in this position because I feel like I can’t refuse him as a client but he’s making me uncomfortable and touching me inappropriately.”

After you refused to massage him, what did your bosses say?

I just refused to work at the shop anymore. I had another job at the time. I was an emergency response operator for vessels that carried oil. That took a lot of my time, along with being at the shop on all of my off days plus me doing all the promos. It was a lot. I didn’t want that burden anymore plus I was traumatized from this experience that no one gave a **** about so I just decided to leave.

IBTL likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I know you’re doing this against your lawyers wishes but you were just as shocked when you heard there were multiple women besides you?

It was so crazy. My mom sent me an article. She said “Somebody is suing Deshaun Watson.” I read the article briefly. I didn’t know anyone had experienced what I experienced. I read the article a million times but can’t tell you what it said, only thing I can tell you is it said something about his buttocks. I was like “This has to be true. How would anyone know this? Someone has to experience that and went through the same thing I went through. Nobody else would know that.” He’s young like me. That’s not an accusation that’s common. I’m like “This has to be true.”

Next thing you know, there’s so many women that came out. Everyone was contacting me like “Hey, you need to jump on this lawsuit.” I didn’t want the drama.

Briefly after, his lawyer contacted me. I received a random text message stating “Hey, I noticed that you didn’t file a suit against Deshaun Watson yet. I’m one of his lawyers and I’d like to speak to you.” I don’t remember my response but we spoke over the phone briefly. She was trying to rush to meet with me. It was like 7 or 8 at night and I’m sitting the gas station parking lot when I get this text message. “Hey, I’ll take you to some 5-star restaurant in Houston. I just want to hear your side and what he did to you.” At the time I was vulnerable. I’m like “Someone wants to finally hear our side.” Everyone has their opinions. They get to say what they want to say but everyone has to be mute because we have lawyers where we can’t say anything or speak the truth. Everyone is going off ESPN interviews or whatever bloggers feel like the truth is but they don’t get to hear from us. They heard from the one young lady but it’s still like “I don’t know who to believe?” I’m like “This is the perfect opportunity for us. to get the truth out.”

Meet with this lady and come to find out her motives was to get information out of me. At the time, there were about 20-odd Jane Doe’s at the time. Nobody had released their name yet. He had did this to so many people, he couldn’t pinpoint who was who. All he was reading was the accusations. He was trying to backtrack to see who had the suit against him. Originally in the text message she sent me, she said “I notice you don’t have a lawsuit against him.” When we met, she kept asking “Who is your lawyer?” and naming out names. I don’t have a lawyer. I don’t know what you’re talking about. At that point, I realized she wasn’t trying to hear my side of the story. She was trying to help him figure out who was filing the cases about him. Then briefly after that, I started receiving death threats.

Your name was released?

My name wasn’t released because I don’t have a lawsuit yet. My lawyer held off on the lawsuit. “If you decide to go through with it, let me know. Right now, we’re seeing how everyone else plays out.” I really don’t want to be part of the messiness. No amount of money in the world is worth what I’m going through right now.

Who sent death threats?

I can’t give you a name but at this time, I had two active phones. My old phone kept ringing all day. I was like “Why is my old phone ringing? Everyone has my new number.” Something tells me to check my voicemail. I check my voicemail and the first one is like a shotgun. The next one is like a handgun. Literally not even a minute later, I get two messages from my mom. I never told her I was going through any of this. I never told her anything about Deshaun Watson. Only thing she knew was Deshaun was my client. She randomly sends me a message “Get out of that apartment. Someone is trying to kill you.” How the hell would my mom know this? I have gunshots on my voicemail within a matter of minutes. Come to find out, I don’t know, message spreads that they were looking for me because they thought I was the one who filed the original suit.

Briefly after the young lady came forward and showed her face, his lawyer did tell me “We plan to fight this to the fullest and we’ll put in a motion to release everyone’s names, which was to see how many would drop their case. I believe a few young ladies did drop their case, which is understandable. I just figured, I don’t know if I want to go through this legal mess. It’s been a year since it happened, dealing with all this foolishness. People are recognizing me in Houston, saying I’m trying to ruin his career and take all his money. It’s traumatizing. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. People, even with all the facts, all the messages, all the screenshots, any proof in the world, it doesn’t matter. People are diehard fans. They don’t want to hear our side. They feel like we’re trying to ruin his career. Some people don’t care about the truth. “He plays for our favorite team, y’all gonna have to chill on him.” I don’t think that’s fair to us. No way 20+ people say the same thing about you.

Besides the first Jane Doe, you are the first official interview, you know that right?

I’m not sure. I don’t follow the media. It gives me anxiety. When I was in Houston and the news first broke, I was having anxiety and like “I need to go get my nails done. I need to clear my mind from this craziness.” At the time, I couldn’t go back to my home. I’m still paying rent at an apartment I can’t stay at because I don’t know who’s watching me and I have a little one. I go get my nails done. I look up, it’s all over the TVs at the nail shop. OK, cool. Let me go get something to eat. I go get some crab legs, it’s all over the TV. I couldn’t escape it.

And you’re the target.

Right, because they think I was one of the ones. Technically I don’t have a case. We never sent it in. I told them to “Pause. I don’t know if it’s something I want to do.” No amount of money in the world makes me want to go through this. I have a 6-year old. I don’t need to be trying to figure out if my life is in danger, if someone is watching me, I’m steady on the run. Who wants to deal with that? This is gonna drag out for awhile. This is not gonna be “Oh, we’re gonna settle out of court.” He made it clear that’s not his intentions. This is gonna drag out for years. I don’t want to deal with that. I’m 22 years old. I don’t want to deal with this. I have enough problems in my life.

Have you thought about at least filing a police report?

Honestly, no. Originally when it first happened before anyone spoke out about it, in my mind I’m thinking “Who the hell is gonna believe me?” He did things a certain way. Now that I look back, I see why most things we talked about had to be over the phone or why everything is discreet even though he did leave a paper trail of certain things. He would text me and ask me to wear a sun dress. Just inappropriate things like that. Not everything was through text. In my mind, I’m thinking I just got played, this guy totally took advantage of me and knew exactly what he was doing and I don’t really have too much proof of what he’s done to me. I told the salon owner but me and her don’t talk so who do I have to defend me and say this actually happened? We’re in a room, just me and him.

IBTL likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

There has to be some sort of law change where female massage therapists should have another active therapist in the room. Just like how a male doctor can’t be in a room with you alone, they have to have an assistant nurse. Especially when it’s a big guy like Deshaun and can overpower you in seconds. Are you done with the massage world?

I’m a licensed cosmetologist but ever since that incident, I refuse. It brings back too many memories for me. I don’t think I can do it anymore. I just can’t unfortunately.

Maybe one day you will begin to feel comfortable to practice again and protect yourself while in the room.

I’m just scared of…I don’t think you all understand the amount backlash we receive. I can’t speak for anyone else, only what I’ve been through, there will be people that hate me or don’t believe what I say and that’s something I have to deal with as well and it sucks.

I appreciate your courage and sharing your story no matter what people have to say. You have the right to speak out. Doesn’t matter who likes it or accepts it. I’m sorry for what you went through. I’m glad you’re here to tell your truth.

Honestly, like I told personal family and friends, I cannot blame people. If I was on the other shoe, I’d be like “Girl, yeah right.” Like people tell me all the time, “What he want with you? He can have anyone he wants in the world. Why would he do that to you?” I’m thinking the same thing. “Why me?” It’s not something you hear about all the time. People will pay off people to shut up. This is something that ended up coming to light. You can’t blame people for having that opinion but you have to give us our voice too. We have to speak our truth. It’s not your opinion vs my truth.

Unfortunately there are some massage therapists who don’t have standards. They will take him up on the offer for whatever reason. Not everyone is with that. Unfortunately it does make it hard because I’m sure there are girls have told him yes and yes again and yes again. It’s more so not based on who you are like “Why me?” It’s a power thing. I should be able to get who I want when I want.

I’m thinking to myself as I was going over this in my head “There’s people willing to do that. If you want to pay someone to do that and they won’t be offended, and it’s a mutual agreement, why not go searching for that? We were a professional establishment. We made it clear no happy endings. That’s not what this is. These are licensed professionals. That’s the part I don’t get. I hate that his response is “I can’t wait to prove it’s not true.” which really hurt me honestly. You can’t sit there and say I can’t wait to prove my innocence. If I would have gotten the truth, that’d be enough for me. I wouldn’t even be on this platform right now if he said “I messed up. I was really attracted to these women.” or whatever the case may be.

Massage is very intimate. It’s stimulating. Sometimes people don’t understand there’s a boundary. This is the service, this is to make you feel good and relaxed but in no way an initiation to take it further than that. I applaud you for having morals and boundaries and standing up for what you believe in and doing this interview.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

@J.R. should be like a White House stenographer or something. Beast.

primtim24, ElPigto, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In no way is this a defense of Watson, but why did the interviewer not ask, "why did you agree to the 3rd massage?".

B-Bob and ExTexanNowEastCoast like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I thought she said the shop owner was pushing it.

IBTL likes this.
  8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't see anything where she said the owners were pushing her to give him a massage. Plus it just seems like a reasonable followup question.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It was a lot to deal with for the same amount of money I’d get from my regular clients and I felt disgusted after the fact. No one really cared. I expressed my concerns to the owner of the salon but she was infatuated that we had Deshaun Watson as a client. There were moments where they met up outside of the salon. I didn’t know a lot of the other things they were doing which I found out later on around the 3rd meeting. “OK, so this lady is obsessed with him and that’s why I’m stuck in this position because I feel like I can’t refuse him as a client but he’s making meuncomfortable and touching meinappropriately.”

This is what I’m talking about. Seems to be that she definitely felt pressure to keep giving massages.

IBTL likes this.
  10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The interviewer left a lot to be desired. Clearly not something she typically does. I can't believe they both just floated past the whole "he touched me between my legs" or "tried to touch me between my legs" statements. It's one thing for him to ask her to go down on him, or pulled the towel off and asked her to get up in his butthole. It's a TOTALLY different thing to just start groping her without permission, which is what I heard this massage therapist say in that interview. That's sexual assault. Cut and dry. Should have made a MUCH bigger deal about that in the interview.

ExTexanNowEastCoast likes this.
  12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  13. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Watson quit using her services because they were a dry hole.

IBTL likes this.
  14. HTXSportsAddict

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

When you’re a star they let you do it.

IBTL likes this.
  16. magman

magman Member

Damn, Deshaun messed up big time and a lot of times.

Shouldn't have gone and bothered masseuses if he was chasing some butt stuff and not massages. Sounds like he kept wanting to reenact some p*rn scene.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

It makes absolutely no sense why these women would continue the session then book him again.

That’s just ridiculous.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reason he picked the victims he did was so that he could use his fame, fortune, and celebrity as power over them. If you are just getting started in that kind of business, a high profile client can make or break you. Both Watson and the women knew that. In a few of the instances, the women likely convinced themselves that it was just a misunderstanding....in part due to his gaslighting them, and they gave him a second chance.....only for him to do it again and be even more bold the next time.

The guy is an absolute scumbag and serial abuser of women.....but he's good at football, so his fans will keep supporting him.

IBTL likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I understand that point I really do but….if the women where truly professional they would of stopped that non sense right away…and refused to work on him again.

They didn’t stop it
    They didn’t refuse it

Now I’m in no way trying to bash these women…I just know that true professionals who really love their profession and truly love what they do and respect their craft would of absolutely cut that non sense of right from the jump.

charlieaustin likes this.
  20. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It sounds like the owner was running a jack shack operation. This woman said she was a professional but only mentioned being licensed for cosmetology, If the owner gave a **** about running a legit operation a cosmetologist wouldn't be giving massages.

Rudyc281 likes this.