1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Hypothetical: Harden wants to come Home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmoney1101, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Would you welcome a Harden homecoming?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2022.
  1. Yes

43.2%
  2. No

56.8%
  1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Harden would never come back with Tilman as owner IMO.

2. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

He's said multiple times that Houston is home. I don't believe him.

3. HardenVolumeOne

what year could harden have won the title in houston realistically

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  4. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

He still couldn't do it with his self picked super team.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  5. vince

vince Member

If Harden wanted to come back, you listen, and if it makes sense you do it.

He is still one of my favorite players, so I say yes. But he left because the talent pool on the team was rather dry, and he kept bickering with all the elite talent that he recruited within a year or two.

Harden needs an Ariza type of personality around him, in order to keep the peace for Harden and all the teammates he’s bickering with.

tycoonchip and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

The dude completely quit on the team. Look how he performed after the trade to the Nets. His MVP play suddenly came back.

Glad I got to enjoy him while he was here, however he left to “win”. We weren’t good enough. Well he won’t be good enough for us.

the league changed the rules for him in the coming year. Watch his scoring hit below 20. In two years, it will look like he is running in sand. All those mins catching up. We sold at the best time. The decline will come hard and fast for him.
    Bookmark it.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I honestly had no idea how to vote on this. I'm having an optimistic day so, yes I guess.

There are some parallels to Lebron and Cleveland.

tmoney1101 and DatRocketFan like this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

If you're a Harden only fan, this is thw wrong forum. He doesn't play here any more.

Drift Monkey and supaflyz like this.
  9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Look, if he didnt pull all that **** at the end, I would welcome him back and put his jersey up on the rafters.

I just can't get over the **** he pulled off to get out...I don't think I ever will...plus he never really delivered us a championship and he disappeared so many times..so fak it

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

More like

[​IMG]

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

12. HardenVolumeOne

i dont live in brooklyn, been in houston my whole life and believe it or not their are a ton of steph curry fans on this forum as well.

13. HardenVolumeOne

injuries

hamstring injury throughout the regular season and then it happened again as he tried ti explode up for a layup in the first 42 seconds of round 2

14. JW86

JW86 Member

No, willingly sabotaging the team, his value and not giving the organization the best return possible is enough to say “take care now, bye bye then”. Especially after forcing us to trade for Westbrook and doing everything we can to appease him.

We also had to put up with him coming into camp out of shape, the partying, the playoff flame outs and the diva behaviour in general. It’s history that we should never revisit. Appreciate him for everything he did, like Tracy, but no reason to go through the drama again. He’s not worth it.

15. thekad

thekad Member

“Abuser” lol. Harden has you girls in your feelings huh

TEXNIFICENT and HP3 like this.
  16. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

mobley isn’t a sure fire can’t miss prospect. Lmao. Stop it

Drift Monkey and Dobbizzle like this.
  17. HardenVolumeOne

Ive seen places were scouts have said mobleys floor is ironically our very own christian wood and his ceiling is an admixture of pau gasol, chris bosh and ralph sampson

cade has drawn luka comparisons since i first made a thread about him a year ago predicting he would go number 1 overall in the nba draft forum

jalen green is an exciting high flyer and bucket getter, who has the ceiling of a zach lavine and best case scenario of bradley beal based on his measurements and wingspan( but being compared to high scorers who dont impact winning games isnt really a cant miss prospect). Green was the number 4 rated player on a lot of scouts big board behind cade/mobley and suggs. Green's floor is malik monk/ lou williams

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just don’t care about Harden anymore
    Or D’Antoni
    Or Ariza
    Etc

It’s just more exciting to have a new team now with lots of talent

Amel, Dobbizzle and Tfor3 like this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

The people saying no purely based on how he left, need to use logic instead of emotion.

If free agent James Harden gives us the best chance to win a championship, then you sign him. If he doesn't, then you don't. It's really that simple.

Check your feelings at the door.

20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

The early results of this poll are encouraging. I get the feeling that after a solid draft, people are hyped about the rebuild. Fat man is moving further behind us every day! #GangGrene

Dobbizzle likes this.