1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical: Harden wants to come Home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmoney1101, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Would you welcome a Harden homecoming?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2022.
  1. Yes

43.2%
  2. No

56.8%
  1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Like @Ottomaton else stated , Harden took a **** on the franchise & its fan on the way out the door .... I give him nothing but the middle finger.

No jersey in the rafters , don't bother retiring a a Rocket or going into the HOF as a Rocket .....

esikwita can effectively piss off.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I didn't even want the mf when he was here.

Hell no I don't want him back.

jcmoon, cheke64, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Rockets are on a different path now. Can’t look back.

4. Asian Sensation

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fun hypothetical.

Ask Eric.

(By that time he already lost a step)

6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i don't see how he could come back quitting the way he did. its one thing to quit, but its another thing to say "we're not good enough" and force us to take a bad trade after catering to him for so many years including the steep cost to get rid of paul. i don't see how i could root for him again. he quit. he lost ppl's respect. plus i doubt our kids would like playing with him. he'd demand the ball too much and cost too much. i'd rather just see him go to philly and form another superteam with embid, hurting the nets even more.

RasaqBoi and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. raspar

raspar Member

Does this mean the rockets pays for a place for Hardee’s boyfriend? Because I think that’s the sticking point.

daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  8. jayydela

jayydela Member

Only on vet min and in a 6th man role

Y2JT likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

hardon will go to elay, his real home.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If Green and co. are ahead of schedule and are close to contending it would be foolish to turn away any great player that could help to that end.

That's of course assuming Harden would be completely aware that he is the supporting star, which may be an issue.

Zen Tabak and tmoney1101 like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clutchfans be all like

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’d prefer to win one before he does and if that’s the case we can bring him back. I don’t want a Lebron situation where he cheats on us on live TV then we welcome him back like we didn’t just get sloppy drunk and throw all of your clothes into the lobby.

19bernardo87 and Ottomaton like this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If Nets offer Harden for Jalen Green and John Wall today, do you take that deal?

14. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Of couse not. Not because of basketball talent, Harden sure worth more than an unproven prospect and the worst contract in the league...
    BUT: What has changed for Harden to not act like a crybaby diva and king of Houston?

It would be just a reboot of what we had.

Amel, jcmoon, REEKO_HTOWN and 2 others like this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

For the hypothetical, suppose Harden had a change of heart and actually supports the trade.

16. Nero

Nero Member

Look, Harden was a success here not only because he is very talented, but because Morey enabled him in a way which both over-emphasized his impact on the court and also handicapped the rest of the team at the same time.

Harden's massive success here was primarily the result of Morey playing mad-scientist with the NBA's rules and scoring structure.

And Harden's personality is one which fit nicely within that framework.

Make no mistake, Harden was not in Houston because he 'loved Houston' or because there was anything special about Houston or the Rockets franchise. He was here because the situation was specifically crafted and catered to his whims and wants. Nothing more. It's not an accident that as soon as Morey was gone, Harden no longer wanted any part of being here.

Once Harden's tenure with the Nets flames out, he will likely end up in the Barkley-Malone-Payton-Westbrook-Dwight-etc 'chasing a ring' mode.

And while that may eventually happen for him, the Rockets will not be a 'chasing a ring' destination for end-of-career veterans for quite a while.

So no, the odds of Harden returning here are very slim to none at all.

Plus, quitting on your team and teammates has never sat well with me under any circumstances, and so he is greatly diminished in my eyes and I don't particularly want him back anyway.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

too early to say if there would be a role for a 35 year old harden on this team in 2-3 years. if he's willing to go out like dirk did, sign on the cheap and mentor the young guys on your way out, sure.

Y2JT and Zen Tabak like this.
  18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nope. He walked out. We also need to develop our players, not put them on hold waiting around doing nothing at the 3pt line whilst James dribbles away the shot clock. Let him try win his ring elsewhere. He can come back to retire as a 10 min vet/bench warmer.

jcmoon likes this.
  19. thekad

thekad Member

Imagine being so butthurt about someone not wanting to play with “stars” like Wall and Cousins that you wouldn’t want to add what would probably still be a top 25 player for free.

Of course, these are the same clowns who thought Klay was a better player than Harden among other ridiculous things.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  20. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Too hypothetical for this to actually happen ;)

saleem likes this.