1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[OFFICIAL] Russell Westbrook as a Los Angeles Laker thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I have a feeling he gets back to decent shooting and can score from anywhere Russ. Puts a dagger in against the Rockets sometime next season. It's just the way it is.

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

doesn't matter how well he plays imo. If AD misses significant time or the playoffs completely the Lakers are toast.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

This is more due to Lakers being desperate for another run.

kjayp likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Barring injuries all 3 are monsters in the paint.

At the same time questionable floor spacers and weird injuries happen.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. AXG

AXG Member

Westbrook is a bad fit, but thankfully he's not our problem anymore.

HTXSportsAddict and Patience like this.
  6. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

If Suns dont win championship next year, I could see Paul forcing trade to Lakers and Suns would get WB as an expiring contract.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Lakers add Melo ... greatest super team ever.

ElPigto likes this.
  8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He'll be there. Zero and double zero equals triple zero.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

I somehow think that he might butt heads with either Lebron or AD at some point.

Patience likes this.
  10. H.D.

H.D. Member

If AD is healthy they have every chance in the world. Especially if the scripted narrative around Giannis unravels.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If AD is healthy, why do they need to trade for Westbrook? This team won a championship when they were healthy, didn't they?

12. H.D.

H.D. Member

Wasn't saying they needed to, rather that they can't be written off.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They somehow think Brodie can right the ship in their absence in the RS. Risky.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I get why they want a third star, and Westbrook is probably the only one they could get without giving up LeBron or AD. If either LBJ or AD (or both) goes down in the RS, look for Russ to get his triple doubles but they will be a mediocre team like the Wizards.

I am not afraid of the Lakers now. AD is always injury prone. LeBron is finally losing to Father Time. And Russ is Russ.

The Nets might have a little better chance to dominate. But Durant is fragile. Kyrie is crazy. And Harden's body is finally destructible. Philly is a mess. Only the Bucks look sturdy in the East.

The West is wide open. The Clippers look like they are imploding. the Suns may just be a flash in the pan. CP3 is unreliable. Booker can't carry the team. Denver may make a lot of noise if they can stay healthy. Dallas is an x-factor, depending on if they can find a better running mate for Luka than Porzingis.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  15. beardsanity713

Happy for Russ has a legit shot at a title now.
    Loved his lone season in the H
    I know I'm in the small minority of Russ fans but he's my 2nd fav player next to Dream
    Dude is a flat out baller gives 100% every night stand up guy. family man. positive role model that's active and hands on in his community.
    Nothin but well wishes he will thrive in his home city.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What teams are you looking forward to in the West?

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Rockets, duh! :D

Seriously, I like the Nuggets. I was surprised they were beaten so easily by Phoenix. I think if they can keep everyone healthy, they have a chance of coming out of the West.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This is a really hard deal to judge. The Lakers needed a great shooter, but they also needed a pretty good 3rd scorer.

1. On one hand, the Lakers needed to get more shooting. Hence a trade for Buddy Hield makes the most sense with current pieces (Lakers). Not sacrificing alot of players to fill in the needs for shooters. Though, I guess with Hield, it might be kinda questionable having him as a legitimate 3rd go-to guy. I believe he could do excel, very well at it and would be deadly, next to LeBron and AD.

2. On the other hand, if LeBron or AD goes down with an injury, he'd probably have to carry the team at some point, during the season. As we've seen, the Lakers can't really afford a freefall or get to behind in the West. They literally went from a #2 seeded team with LeBron (and AD) to a 7th seed play-in (after an injury to LeBron). Hield is probably not the guy to take over games.

3. Here is where the Lakers leaned towards WB, who even though heavily criticized is still very deadly and upper echelon player/PG. I know people often make fun of him getting empty stats and not truly helping a team. But, he never misses the playoffs and he's a positive on any team he's on. He brings great energy to a team and can still takeover games.

4. The drawback, the Lakers need shooters everywhere in league predicated on 3 point shooting. But, to be fair when the Lakers won last year, they were a mediocre 3 point shooting team at 21st in the league. Also, they were 2nd in the West, before AD went down with an injury. While, they're basically trading Schroder out for WB, neither is a great 3 point shooter. So, there's not really a gigantic leap in that aspect, but Schroder is much better mid-range shooter. Still with Russ, he can get alot of buckets at almost any point in the game and make plays for other players. That's just not something alot of players can do, consistently.

2Cleva likes this.
  19. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

Happy for my boy Russ landing with the Lakers so he finally gets a ring.

beardsanity713 likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member