1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Rockets select Jalen Green with #2 overall pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 29, 2021.

?

Do you like the selection of Jalen Green?

1. YES

88.8%
  2. NO

11.2%
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I thought he showed a quiet poise during the moment and I really liked his energy. I've been harsh on the family, but its starting to feel like they may get it figured out. Helped a ton when Big Fert said he would back out of the rebuild and not meddle and is allowing Lil Fert to soak it in and gain the experience while allowing Stone to do his job. Its left me optimistic.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...aft-winners-losers-surprises-bold-predictions

Verbal Christ likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I like it.

Nobody becomes a great GM overnight, the fact that he is involved there means he is soaking up knowledge how to be a good GM. That's a lot better than not being there, having 0 knowledge but still interfering in bball operations.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The upside about draft Green and Sengun is both players seems are hard workers and alwyas giving all they have on the court also, this is a very important step to change the culture of this franchise being plagued in almost the last whole decade by their overrated superstar.

Obviously, they should get rid of the current locker room cancer that they got from the other team also, it had been proved in many games last year that he can totally quit on the floor after taking some questionable shot selections and bricked.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#226 zeeshan2, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    RudyTBag and Verbal Christ like this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Kind of bummed we dont have Jeff and Gerald on the team anymore. GREENhouse effect could have taken over whole lineups. Now go get Danny and Draymond so we can do this!

Edit: Not gonna lie, Jalen/Danny/Gerald/Jeff/Draymond wouldn't TOOOOTALLY suck haha

Drift Monkey and ElDobleK like this.
  8. PatBev

PatBev Member

Not gonna lie but Stone seems like a chill ass dude. Bet he smokes regularly. I can see it in his eyes

9. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

That’s great man.

10. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

This draft was the best for the Rockets in 30+ years.

I smoke daily. But then again it’s my business so it’s R&D.

ElDobleK, RudyTBag, slothy420 and 2 others like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Give me the guy who will put his heart into it. Genuine even when he was honest about wanting to be drafted by Detroit and live there as the #1 pick. This type of hunger and obsessiveness in your work is rare at 19 years old.

He wont quit. Thats something we cant say about the last few stars who have come through here.

juanming, conquistador#11 and vator like this.
  12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Very excited that we were able to draft the son of Gerald and Jeff. Basketball obviously runs in the Green family.

13. PatBev

PatBev Member

I smoke daily to and a fisherman can always spot another fisherman or however that saying goes lol

seeingredtx and slothy420 like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Finally!! J Greezys playing for the Reezys!!!!

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  17. vator

This may be an unpopular opinion, but it’s mines and I felt this way when it happened and today when I watched it over again. The scene of Evan Mobley getting drafted and his dad needing to button up his jacket for him…I didn’t like that. It took way too long and gave me the vibes that his parents still pick out his clothes and dress him at 19 years of age. Most of the other participants had parents there and I didn’t see anything like this.

I have a 10 year old son so I get it to some extent. It’s a big moment, you’re bonding, lots of hard work has happened to get to this moment and you want him to look good. Maybe straighten his tie if he was wearing one, etc, but the level to which he stood there for 15 seconds while his dad fixed his clothes for him like he was 5 years old in addition to the concerns about his meek personality along with the vibes he and his parents gave off in the interview after he was selected gave me pause. He has a strong family foundation and that is a good thing, but he’s an adult now. Hopefully this will give him the opportunity to get away from his parents and take another step into manhood while also keeping the core values that they’ve instilled in him.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I was sitting there watching the draft with my 17 year old son and he just looks over at me with the "Look" - and I get all luvy duvy and start rubbing and caressing him and he's like "Daaaaaaaad chill out you weirdo" ... we espouse love and affection in my home. Never short on it, BUT we also push our kids to be the best versions of THEMSELVES while remembering the lessons my wife and I have tried to instill. I WOULD NEVER treat my son like that before the biggest momen of his young life. Mr Mobley may as well have licked his thumb and smoothed down his sons eyebrows.

It made me cringe because everything that had been rumored up until that point was realized. Mr Mobley will be baggage wherever his son goes and sadly the relationship will have to sour before Evan can finally get out from his Dads grasp.

I know some parents may not see anything wrong with that display, and they would be fine to accept it and promote it. Optics and timing were off for a quick wardrobe adjustment - hug your son. Shed some tears even! But let him reach that stage as his own man.

19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i like the way he says "YES SIR"... i like his attitude! oh man, i'm excited.

treyk3 and Verbal Christ like this.
  20. vator

Ok I’m glad that I wasn’t the only one. The optics of this along with what people were saying about Even before the draft is what made this cringe inducing for me. It wasn’t necessarily just that, but it was the combination of those things. Then mom is about to cry during the interview talking about how this is going to be hard for him and the rest of the family because he has never left home before. Dad was up there just running his mouth.

It’s time for Evan to leave the nest and become his own man. He won’t realize all of that immense potential if they haven’t prepared him to be able to stand on his own 2 feet. Hopefully that lesson was mixed in there somewhere too between the chess and piano lessons.

On the flip side, Jalen Green just wants to hoop. That’s it. This is why I said in one of the Mobley threads that if he had either Green or Cunningham’s personalities, he goes number 1 easily.