1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaxson Hayes arrested after brawl with police

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was a hippie over 50 years ago, not a rapscallion. I was pulled over often just because of how I looked, not because of what I was doing. My point is that there have always been bad cops, and the cops in Houston were far worse then than the cops there today.

The police chief, Herman Short, was a card carrying member of the KKK and hired like minded individuals when he could, one reason why the force was always smaller than one might expect for a city that size during the 1960's. It wasn't just the budget. Yet there were good cops then, just like there are good cops today mixed in with the bad. We can condemn the bad ones without lumping all of them together in the same basket.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see what saying NOPE and then playing the same video accomplishes?

I don't buy this "he was trying to identify himself". Go to any VIP concert or airport or anything and see if they let you on the other side of a protected border by trying to walk through without stopping and pulling out credentials after you've crossed the line.

For example when you go the airport, TSA calls you to their desk, you submit your ID, they look at it, then they let walk past them. You don't walk straight into the person without stopping or identifying yourself. I have the same view even after watching your video, which was identical to mine.

The shove was maybe a little over the top, but it wasn't for nothing is all I'm saying. Ujiri never stopped and didn't properly ID himself.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

There’s nothing in that full video that makes me see what you’re trying to see

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

YOLO, i try to avoid getting into it w fellow posters. Other people come here just to argue, that's not my intention. I can accept being wrong.

Does Ujiri stop and indentify himself? When the push occurs, his ID is still under his jacket, and he takes out it as he is being shoved, or milliseconds before. If this was a guy at any bar, the bouncer would have shoved him too. Can we agree that Ujiri never stopped walking and never identified himself?

6. VoR

VoR Member

Police aren’t allowed to enter without a warrant, so Hayes was on the right side of the law.

7. VoR

VoR Member

These Instagram hoes are the worst thing a young man can do with his career.

RasaqBoi and Downtown Sniper like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Uh...no

9. VoR

VoR Member

Depends on how it played out. Who owned the house, etc.

10. Buck Turgidson

11. VoR

VoR Member

Again, depends on the nature of the domestic disturbance call. She isn’t cooperating, so she must feel bad for screwing up a man’s career and risking his life for her petty BS.

12. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I'd argue they are worse today.

#52 homewight, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Penal code section 69..ha

Invisible Fan and jch1911 like this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

This ish right hereeeee!

15. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

100% of this incident was caused by the cop. Maybe you're squinintg and not seeing what is happening in the video, but it is absolutely, undeniablely the cops fault. He provoked it and he escalated it. Maybe we should ask you why you hate black people?

16. H.D.

H.D. Member

Never mind- I'm not changing Houston, that's for sure. MAGA!

#56 H.D., Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Really uncool thing to say. Basically loaded libel.

Look at post 4 and 5 of this thread, before the conversation went to Ujiri, I proactively defended Sefolosha and Sterling Brown against crooked cops.

There is nothing racially motivated in me saying that Ujiri never stopped and identified himself, which is the entire livelihood of the police offer. The push was an overreaction, but it wasn't "for no reason".

It's Friday night tonight. Go to busy a club, walk past the 100 people in line, and see if the bouncer lets you inside without stopping and identifying yourself. He won't. You might even get pushed.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Her petty BS? REALLY?
    or perhaps like most battered women she is afraid and terrorized.
    The uncooperation of the victim let alone of an abused victim is in no way proof and evidence of the innocence of the perpetrator.
    Do you even know if she was the one who called the cops or if it was the neighbours?
    No you do not.

However you are quick to jump in misogynistic conclusions that it is a petty woman out there to screw an innocent man. A man who attacked the police on top of it.

But because it is a successful and rich athlete and she should consider his career and she should shut up?

Newlin likes this.
  19. VoR

VoR Member

I know these hoes. I also know Jaxson.

This ain’t no Ray Rice ****. This was an insta hoe drama drama ****. And if the neighbors called? **** them twice. People stirring up drama when grown people get loud. People need to relax.

#59 VoR, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

‘Female who declined to cooperate’