1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets talked to Indiana about 13# swap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's the scenario i'd like to see us end up with, but i do wonder if that's even possibile, i don't see anyone moving down the top 6 picks, i feel like we might get there if we trade Wood too, but i don't know, what teams could've interest in Wood? Toronto and the Warriors if they move Wiseman for Beal maybe.

csnerd84 likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Are we thinking, in your opinion, of stapling the #13 to the #2 for the #1?

EGO, #23, #24, #2 for #1?

Or #2 Green and #13 Whomever our Boy Happens 2 B?

Sorry if something was lost in translation for me. We're buying a townhome and between real estate, insurance, mortgage.........brain, boom.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Green and Kuminga?! That would be wild.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This works out perfect for all teams regarding the trade rumor of Houston/Pacers/Rockets. Charlotte doesn't need more picks, they need better players, and Myles Turner fits perfectly into their current timeline. They give up the 11th pick for him. Indiana gets that 11th pick for taking on EG. Rockets get the 13th pick for EG. Sounds crazy, but it actually works out well for Indiana since they seem to be ready to move on from Myles.

tradenba-snap-1627510635561.png

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Genius!

csnerd84 likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

This would make sense though do we know if Charlotte can take on that contract? Also don’t think the 11th pick is available and some future picks of theirs as well as our 23 & 24th pick.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes Charlotte can take on the contract since they are going to have some cap room (trade may need to happen when free agency begins, Charlotte likely renounces some players). Why isn't the 11th pick available? If trade happens after selection and after start of new NBA year (I guess when free agency starts), it shouldn't be a problem if you are trying to tell me that Charlotte conveyed their pick last year and isn't available to be conveyed this year.

I don't see why Charlotte gets an additional pick. Myles Turner is a good player for their system. Maybe Indiana asks for one of our picks, which I'd do, but don't agree that we would have to give up two picks in the process.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Milos

Milos Member

I was thinking Turner goes to CHA too ...
    If there are any Hornets involved, it can only be Terry Rozier coming here
    Not too excited about that ... except that he's expiring

I'd be all for it the other way
    To net #11 & #13 ... I'd easily part with all of these:
    - EGo & House
    - #23 & 24
    - 2 FFRPs from wherever (top 10 protected)

Seems too good to be true
    If we somehow pulled this off, I'd be ecstatic to come away with Moody & Wagner as our future at the Forwards

joshuaao and csnerd84 like this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I like it; can Hornets fit Turner’s contract without renouncements?

10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I would prefer Turner to any draft picks... he is legit... the kids are guesses

But i do get it.

If we do end up with another lottery pick and select Kai Jones.... I would consider that a win-win

D-rock likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Him or Sengun

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I like our options for tomorrow.

Gordon, and our two late picks for #13 (or #11?)

Wood to Sac for Bagley / #9

I'd be targeting Mitchell and Wagner. I like the shoot and defend guys. Get your guards / wings all set for the future and have two more terrible years to nab a franchise big, as the next two drafts are loaded with quality big prospects.

Mitchell
    KPJ / Brooks
    Green / Tate
    Wagner / KMJ

#492 larsv8, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  13. 7uche

7uche Member

I like this A LOT

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You must be on helluva magician to be making 95 million franchise guy disappear like that

edit- I guess that depth chart is for 2 years from now?

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Knicks having a hard time trading 19 and 21 to get a pick between 11-14, so I doubt the rockets will do so with just 23 and 24.

Der Rabbi, joshuaao and Aruba77 like this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

Draft tiers:
    1-6
    7-13 (yes please)
    14-24 (meh)
    24 - 30 (...)

It's borderline between tier 2 and tier3 in the draft. What the heck, get that swap.

[​IMG]

17. thekad

thekad Member

Trading two picks for a diminutive 23 year old point guard doesn’t make much sense even if they could dump Gordon’s contract. Trade up for a Sengun-type player or just stay put and take a couple shots in the #20s.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not really a depth chart, a breakout of core pieces moving forward. Pieces that are actually important for the Rockets moving forward.

Depth charts are useful for a team trying to win, as you know, that isn't us.

Wall is is limbo, he doesn't belong here. He is just attached to us until he isn't. /shurg

edit - and personally I don't get why teams pretend like you have to play guys. Just send Wall home for two years. Make him WANT a buyout.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I have to imagine that would cause a huge stir with players, agents, coaches, media, players union... hell everybody all around the NBA. Can't DNP a player with Walls resume if he's healthy and wanting to play without making a lot of people angry which would be terrible for a number of reasons. Obviously, with us sending everybody where they want, we care about player and agent relations

D-rock likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft