1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or at the 2, Cade can play 1-4.

Reeko likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Trash out, trash in. Made no difference whatsoever as to the outcome of the season.

Chris Paul shooting 27% from 3 and Capela being basically unplayable were bigger issues than what random scrub replaced the worst player from the previous season's series vs the Warriors

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

There is no reason to believe Detroit will take anyone else besides Cade.

Working out Green was likely more about doing their due diligence on how much they like Green in the event Houston makes a godfather offer for the #1 pick - just making sure they can live with the pick in the event they get a good enough haul from Houston.

...all the rest of the noise basketball pundits are 'hearing' about Detroit not having their mind made up is really just to sell a little more air time to host on air debates/sell advertising time.

As I have said in many threads - while Cade is the top guy entering the league as a rookie, I think there are several guys with similar ceilings so while Cade has the highest floor/lowest risk - it wouldn't surprise me if any of Green, Mobley, Cunningham, or Suggs were the best of the group 3+ years from now - the non Cade guys just have a little more risk built into their potential.

hakeem94, Deckard, Dobbizzle and 3 others like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah he didn't look exactly great, but he also barely played 20 games coming from Europe and a subpar league like the German one, if there was a player that probably needed more time to adjust that was him. Then again i didn't say they should/will draft Green, just i wouldn't be shocked if that happens if it's true he had a great workout with them and some in the organization actually like him more.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I still don't understand (i don't watch college basketball) if Cade is the Zion/Lebron of this draft, or he's more the Anthony Edwards/Ayton n.1 pick...?

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Weaver is a smart man. They’ve known who they were drafting weeks ago. Just won’t admit it publicly.

D-rock likes this.
  7. PatBev

PatBev Member

If we take Suggs over Green I’ll break my tv

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Definitely the Edwards, Ayton. And they're both better than Cade.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

from my quick eye test off highlights:

cade cunningham : brandon roy
    jalen green : eddie jones
    evan mobley : derrick mckey

hakeem94 and carolbmt like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

cade is easily a much better player than edwards coming out of college. Ayton is a big man, so that doesn't really matter. Just depends if you need a big or not. Cade led his team who wasn't that good to the big 12 finals, while beating the national champions on the way to that appearance. And then into the ncaa tourney. Edwards on the other hand led his team to struggling being .500 and 2nd to last in in the conference who would not have qualified for the ncaa tourney. True tell sign of folks who don't actually follow the college game.

hakeem94 and Reeko like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, i can see Detroit draft Green then...

...or maybe not, lol.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah you don't. There's no doubt Cade is going #1

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

How would you compare Cade to what we've seen by LaMelo last season? Just curious.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not much similarity between the two tbh. Cade isn't flashy. His game is more methodical. Often cited as being too unselfish when he needed to be aggressive. As the year went on, he looked to control the game a lot more. Whether that's scoring or trying to make plays for his ok. st

Vivi likes this.
  15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

mine is

Cade Cunningham : Michael Beasley
    Jalen Green: Penny Hardaway
    Evan Mobley : Yi Jianlin.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Like i said i didn't follow these guys so i don't even have a clear idea on this, but if he's Brandon Roy over Eddie Jones/Mckey i would think too there's no way they pass him.

I also never followed the process that leads to the draft in the last years, i did more now because of the Rockets and it does feel like all/most of the players are kinda overhyped by the socials etc, that's why i think it's also easy to get fooled in one way or another, one guy will tell you Suggs is better then Cade, one will tell you Green is Kobe and the next that he's more like Waiters lol.

jbond77 likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sounds like @pippendagimp was pretty accurate then, Roy was one of my favourite players too so i can see where the hype comes from if that's the case.

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

To keep it simple, don't try to convince yourself that detroit isn't taking Cade #1

Vivi likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's a fair comparison if were talking bout the totality of each player's versatility and what they're capable of

20. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Lol most useless thread
    Cades going #1

YOLO likes this.