1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Harden demanded the trade happen or that he be traded, it's true Fertitta gave in to his demands, but that doesn't really make it his fault....I mean, what else could he have done? The same people blaming him for giving in to Harden would be crying twice as loud if he'd told Harden to shut up and dribble leading to Harden sabotaging the team a year earlier.

Jalen Green OnlyFan and CXbby like this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

Exactly, All these dudes know nothing abotu winning in the nba. Chris paul? Cmon, barely could get through the finals...Who cares about his HOF career

I'm old enough to remember after 7 years of dominating the nba, MJ was titled a great guy for stats, not for winning...somewhere around then he demanded mroe talent and moves for his team.

I'm old enough to remember when Lebron dominated the league for 7 years but came up short each time he was known as mentally weak...doesn't have the 'it' clutch gene like MJ...cant close the deal..shies away when its time to win...but its amazing how that all changed with a hall of fame teammate or two and a franchise willg to pay

I remember when the respected Kobe bryant demanded a trade and help...waht doe he know about winning? he should've just picked up his boot straps and stepped on throats, not complained about a trade or talent which la obliged?

Its almost as if titles aren't won 1-1 lke Coln Cowherd, bayless and Steven A smith sell ya.

But you're right man. I hope green or mobley or whoever this is learns about our step on throat culture and gets the job done. I can't imagine if tgreen is dropping 30 a game in year 7 and we save on tax by trading away his teammates and role players, send picks to save money instead of helping the team, and then also after a playoff loss the owner takes the mike and says green should've stepped on their throats rather than worry about our depth.

And then everyone cheering on tilman as the other guy is weak.
    I really hope you and I keep on learning about how to win and the culture Tilman promised us he'll instill with tilmanisms the longer he is owner. So far in 3 short years he ran out the weaklinks like Morey, MDA, Tad Brown, Tucker, Harden, Paul, Westbrook, or really anyone with any clout. Now we can really start the winning and the throat stepping.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

Weaver evading the draft question like a boxer. Living up to his name.

T. Weaver... bob and weave

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. DonatelloLimestone

Lol so Kobe demanding either a trade or talent with the lakers? Weak minded amirite?

Lebron demanding help or leaving to play with real talent and a franchise that will cover the cost? Such a weak minded person, not a real winner

theres gus who know how to win no matter what with their franchise like dame...oh wait

its almost like the nba economics is hcanging and now theres more talent and spending going that maybe..just maybe even fi green or mobley or cade tears it up and then watches the rest of the league spend more, invest more....they might say wow I'm making money on my back for this dude while hes publicly blaming me and watering down the debt making my job harder isn't a move that will help our franchise as a destination or in performance.

but the tilman only fans are real ones. These moves only helped one guy, hurt our team, but unlike bucks fans and warriosrs fans(lol the guys screaming ariza isn't worth it would be telling the bucks DONT trade for Tucker, 0 points!!, they'd also not have a ring, but be basking in the tax savings), these dues cheering on the owners saving while that guy will laugh to the bank and price them out of the building when the market allows, bc its just business...the boot likcers still goin to bootlick hoping the owner gives him a shiny one...that type of mentality has always been aroudn sadly...sad to see it in houston. I cant imagine when Les let Hakeem walk, were you guys screaming that contracts not wroth it! can't help us win now! Les has gotta save money, its just smart. THat would be abysmal to see fans of a team cheer on something detrimental to the team, but only good for an owner financially...but here it is

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you listen to players when it comes to team composition you'll find your team destroyed and the same players who made the suggestions leaving for teams not dumb enough to listen to their players.

When a player says the key to winning was the guy who was the worst player on the court for either team in the playoff series you just lost, you need to ignore that player.

Ariza was a washed 3 and D player who no longer played quality D and shot 3's like Shaq.

The ridiculous notion that washed up scrub was the key to victory is laughable

7. Mattician

Mattician Member

Not worth moving up if Detroit isn’t confident enough in picking Cunningham this close to the draft.

D-rock likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Damn @Reeko they doubled down at the exact time you posted your complaint lol.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  9. DonatelloLimestone

No, cris paul isn't the definitve listne. ITs also common sense and seeing the results

Did we ever get close to the game 7 or one game from the finals? No

So we got worse, coincidentally in coorelation with us losing talent and depth. IT was nt just ariza, it was who we replaced ariza with...no one, minimums and then we traded those minimusm while in rotation

You know anything about the business of nba? You know how to keep a contract alive when you are at the cap? So Suns took ariza....one year deal, they traded that expriing that year for kelly oubre...kelly oubre/rubio for Paul...how about that?

t gives you OPTIONS. or you can just save money, get worse and blame someone else....thats also a popular one with ya?

Sad some people can only do elementary math, can't put pieces beyond that. Those guys are better watching something more simple like Hs hoops. This nba game with money and investment only growing is just out of your league of comprehensino it seems while you guys have a parade for the savings of tilman as he flies over in his new jet and you cheering on your new god hoping for benevolence as he laughs at ya.

Depth matters, Tucker scored 0 he is a little washed, he just played36 minutes plus as a started for a title winner...almost as if you can contribute more than stats....so whats your excuse on him?

You'd be in milwaukee now screaming tucker isn't worth it, lets save an owner money, and they ome up short like last year and you would say SEE they aren't winners, 0 point tucker ain't changing that...and just like now, you'd be wrong and cheering the wrong thing. unless your loyalties lie with Landrys, not rockets...thats the big question

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m just rolling my eyes at this point

bigreg, D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

for Pistons fans, them taking Green at #1 instead of Cade is like us taking Suggs at #2 instead of Green

there would be a riot on draft night

they already paraded Cade all over town, he got the chants at that baseball game, and the fanbase is ready and waiting

Deckard, PatBev, houston19519 and 4 others like this.
  12. Rockets4Life13

I agree but this is a horrible position for a GM to be in. If he actually thinks Jalen Green has the higher upside and is the one he would like to take, he needs to do it. You can't let the stupid fans (and let's be real, most fans don't have a clue) decide what the future of your franchise is.

It's his job. If he ****s up, he's at fault. Fans will never admit and will never be accountable. He will be.

Reeko likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Moving on from a washed up scrub like Ariza had nothing to do with losing to the Warriors yet again.

He didn't make CP3 and Clint Capela come up small that series, he didn't make Harden so inefficient that series.

It's just an excuse.

14. DonatelloLimestone

Absolutely, moving on isn't a problem
    what'd you replace him with?

Ennis, Melo, and Daniel house....
    Ennis was traded for a top 55 protected pick...aka money savings, he was playing rotation minutes...unreplaced

Melo was sent home in the begining of the season, but we wouldn't eat a MINMMIUM contract bc of tax purposes

Daneil house was sent home bc of the above, in januray for 2 months while paying close to starter minutes....

You see wheere I'm getting at ?

We replaced ariza with nothing

And ariza's main value wasnt just that he was our best switcch dfeneder, 3/d was as chris paul said, he was baout cohesion he was a veteran, a champion, championship teams value those guys

as I said and this is the main thing I want you to answer
    You think pj tucker doesn't share teh same criticisms as ariza?

An aging inconsistent offensive star whose known to bring grit and leadership, not buckets?

So bucks spent on him ,when rockets felt he wasn't worth it. Guys like you would cite his shooting and say this aging guy is supposed to help us in the finals, hes never won!?!

he scored 0. PLayed close to 40 minutes the whole series and got to give a speech, Bucks won the chip. They aren't telling the owner holiday, middleton aren't worth max, the role players like tucker aren't worth it don't spend Dear Leader owner.

Nah they wanted to win, at any cost, and thats the nba.

You can goto indiana with your mindset, they value medioce value based decisions. You can cheer on the owner as your saving got him a new 200k paint job on his jet and feel good about yourself...but none of the above says youre arocket fan, just a tilman fan bc thats the only benefit to your move

I'm happy to move on from ariza, but in your window how you gonna replace it...f the answer is luxury tax savings, you might be doing this wrong UNLESS you're a landrys fan. Then you won the ring, congrats. smh...lol

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Looks like Cade will be ours? This draft is too crazy.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Not really.

Fulgore likes this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

Edit: double post

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wouldn't really be shocked if that happens, in the end Detroit drafted just 7/8 months ago Hayes, if they think Green is that good, it would make sense for them to take the best SG instead of the best PG since they already have one, especially if Cade isn't considered a generational/can't pass kind of player like Lebron, Zion etc.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's folks that actually think Cade isn't going #1 still lol

Fulgore likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Killian Hayes was absolute garbage as a rookie tho out there looking like Mudiay…Cade can play multiple positions…he can easily just slide into being a playmaking wing

D-rock and RasaqBoi like this.