1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets talked to Indiana about 13# swap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jul 9, 2021.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

EG has an entire year less guaranteed and is also STILL a better player than Kuzma. Much better in the playoffs particularly. Proven.

That, and we can give 23 & 24, as opposed to just 22.

Vivi, Denovo and BamBam like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

strange post. Not only is EG the better player, his contract is even better

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kuzma is younger and more durable, though, but I'm not taking sides in the argument. I'll take anything that favors the Rockets!

Guess I haven't seen much of Kuzma lately. He doesn't defend, I remember that.

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Trying to put all bias aside, I could see Carlisle strongly preferring Eric Gordon, a guy that has proven over and over that he can spot start on championship-caliber teams with the best players in the world, as opposed to that blonde idiot.

5. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

EG and our 2 first rounders for #13 seems like a lot actually. Way more than what Lakers offered. EG value as mentioned is in the playoffs, he is a proven beast and plays physical on both ends. Kuzma sucks.

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

I guess I consider Kuzma as a better trade chip. EG is old and his contract makes him a negative trade asset IMO. On the other hand, Kuzma is still improving as a player and may look good with a change of scenery (almost every former laker who they got rid of has). Maybe I think highly of him because he seems to do good against the rockets when we play them.

The deal for pick 13 would’ve happened by now if EG was as good as you guys say. I’ll gladly eat my crow if the EG is traded for better draft positioning.

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I think they will wait for better offers no matter what, even If a loose trade has been agreed upon. Shake shake behind the scenes.

Notice that Indy immediately rebuked Kuzma publicly. The same has not been done to the EG trade.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Just to be clear........you don't like Kuzma's game?

xiki likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a Kuzma fan but at least he plays. EGo sits.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe a Euro Stash?

Rocket River

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The last year of EGs contract is non guaranteed. His contract is not bad.

12. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Lakers have been waiting on this guy to step up for years. It ain’t happening. He sucks. Maybe he’s good with Jennie in the bedroom. I don’t know …

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. DonatelloLimestone

Kuzma has a way better and more tradeable contract, EG has much more injury hostility. IF they'll make a big change, not sure it makes sense on EG unless they really love the inidana ties.

if they did, i'd love it for us

14. Pete the Cheat

youre judging this off of a tanking year? He was more then healthy during the peak run despite his rep

Poonwalker likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's averaged 53 games a year in his career

Corpusfan likes this.
  16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seems like a lot on the surface, but I look at it this way:

I would gladly give up picks 23 & 24 alone for 13. Trying to trade Gordon to another team later would likely cost you a pick, and probably some salary matching filler, too. This is a way to dump him off without it costing you anything. You lose the opportunity to attempt getting something for him later, but that's no guarantee, and it could come back to bite you. I see this as a win.

jch1911 likes this.
  17. The geth & the reaper

I don’t thinks that’s the case. The trade will happen on draft night, Indiana is just waiting to see if a player they like will drop to 13 if that doesn’t happen I expect them to trade out/down from it.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Usually wouldn’t trust this guy as a source but there’s literally nothing else being rumored today about Houston so I’ll take it.

D-rock likes this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

Makes no sense, Gordon going to the Pacers would make it a win now move yet trade Myles Turner?