1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams - Philly offered Simmons/Thybulle + draft compensation. Did we make the right deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Which package would you have prefered?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2021.
  1. Nets package

177 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Phillys package

174 vote(s)
    49.6%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey about to put the deadline for trading Simmons just like he did Asik.

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

This the 2nd absurd trade proposed by Morey to get leaked. I thought the Raptor one was so outlandish that it couldn't possibly be true, but yet here we are again with another report. If this is really what Morey is out here doing, his friends that care about him need to check on him because this can only be mental illness or drug abuse lol. These proposals are so ridiculously lopsided that they are no better than what a random poster on an internet message board would concoct from their living room.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’s basically trolling with these trade proposals

Does he get off the phone and start giggling after wasting yet another GM’s time?

Deckard, D-rock, Easy and 3 others like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I thought the same thing. Is Morey while on the phone talking business in a normal tone making Wolf of Wall Street facial expressions / muffled laughs with coworkers?

6. DonatelloLimestone

If it was real, I would laugh at the comedy of seeing the silence when he makes this offer
    He and the rest of the world know that Simmons is at his lowest value. Its a terible situation for them and one they need to get out of with Embiid ready to win, I can see something with toronto working, but it aint coming with any more than one pick i'd imagine at htis time. We saw Westbrook get traded which was a small miracle, anything can happen and simmons is young with a unique talent while toronto is also looking for some sort of big change and direction, but this ain't it

JayGoogle and Reeko like this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deckard, D-rock, sirjesse and 5 others like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ask Morey, "That's about what we got from trading Harden. Why didn't you just trade Simmons for Harden?"

Reeko likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is why Morey isn’t well liked…always trying to be the smartest in the room when he’s not running his mouth or seeking attention

I’m sorry, but all you’re doing is insulting other people’s intelligence asking for Harden caliber trade packages for freaking Ben Simmons

I’d be incredibly annoyed if I was a GM and Morey called me offering Ben Simmons for multiple picks and pick swaps to go along with a good player. Does he think I’m a moron?

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Morey must think nobody watched the playoffs this year. Hell, he must think nobody has watched basketball the past several years. This is a man that not only can’t shoot, but won’t even attempt to try it and has not improved one single bit since his rookie year which is crazy to think about. Who does that?

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I am calling it right now: Morey will get desperate and trade Simmons to OKC for:

Kemba Walker, OKC's 2022 1st from the Clippers, OKC's 2024 1st from the Clippers

Presti then helps rehabilitate Simmons' trade value and get a ton back for him next summer.

Richie_Rich and joshuaao like this.
  13. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Kemba is a negative contract - I bet OKC would be willing to offer the #6 and Kemba for Ben

wait a minute, why aren't both teams doing this??

steddinotayto likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol probably one is waiting for the other to blink first.

joshuaao likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let's help Morey out and trade Wall for Simmons. They need a star PG who is not afraid to shoot.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Im down to make an offer. Gordon+Bradley+House+#24+Pistons pick+Wizards pick.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is what happens when you fail to learn how to shoot as a guard in the NBA.

18. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

It is pretty funny that over the span of a few months these two opinions have both existed pretty widely

1. "LOL at the Rockets for getting that trash package instead of trading Harden for Simmons"
    2. "LOL at the Sixers for thinking the Sixers should get anything close for Simmons to what the Rockets got for Harden"

Richie_Rich likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cuz Philly wants to compete? They have to keep Embiid happy.

20. DonatelloLimestone

Market value changes fast. End of 2019 the narrative was Chris Paul is close to untradeable, now hes mr Culture fix it and possibly even declining that option that the owner called the worst in business or sports. go figure

Simmons, after that playoffs, is obviously at the lowest value now than he was before the season. I still think with the right system and opportunity his elite skills can shine, but no getting aroudn his value is at its lowest after the playoffs now and thats just the nba moving trade market. you never know whats next.

The harden haul felt disappointing in losing a guy whose possibly top 5 in the nba, historic and not getting a tangible player or even a lottery pick thats guaranteed, its all based on hope. And if KD is right and they are working to sign their big 3 extensions, then those picks become even worse.

The oladipo expiring contracts further more, allen so on put us in a corner to end up getting even less back

I think most people understand that a part of is just bottoming out, but it was a fair thing to want more seeing Anthony davis get more in a similar situation.

In any case, it worked out. We move on with the no 2 which we also had a risk of losing at 50 percent so we are in a very forutnate, good position now and relieved to have that work out and move forward. Lets see what we do with all the assets and even the 23/24 which may forshadow how we play the rest of broolkykn picks. I like our no 2. I'd like to see us use 23/24 to jump up to the lottery, but mainly want to go all in on next years draft and then ride that cornerstone to the moon