1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

all the work they put into Harden’s signature shoe is what I want them to do with Green when he gets one

only Harden has gotten Boost in his shoes while Dame and Donovan don’t…Boost feels like pillows on your feet, the other stuff they use might as well be cushioned rocks

I’m gonna need Jalen Green to have a fresh design and nice colorways too…nothing looking basic and busted

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yup. Strickland is a GLeague program manager or something like that. Not a bad tutor for a young guard huh?

roslolian and steddinotayto like this.
  3. Denovo

Denovo Member

If I’m not mistaken I think Trae Young’s shoe has Boost too

Reeko likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

it does…they’re treating him like Harden with the best tech and a $140 price tag

Harden and Trae are Iphones, while Dame and Donovan shoes are budget flip phones…Jalen Green needs that Apple treatment

roslolian likes this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Because he wasn’t a good rebounder?

I think he’s the best prospect in the class that doesn’t mean I think he’s Jesus and have no faults.

The hope is that like Garnett and Bosh who have similar builds who came into the league with lower rebound rates, they got stronger and improved it over the course of their career.

roslolian likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

experts are almost always wrong and gms get fired all the time so...

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Rod Strickland was such a crafty finisher and if i'm not mistaken, he has a connection with training Kyrie? I hope he teaches Jalen how to make it easier instead of using so much energy going through guys and hanging and contorting unless absolutely necessary.

Still would like to see someone address Jalen on the potential damage his chaotic landings could have and if he plans to work on safer landings to protect his body.

roslolian and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Interesting. So those 9 rebounds per game are usually just easy picks over small guys or direct recoveries? Seems to me he doesnt really like banging or fighting for position and thats why that rebound rate is so low - especially compared to the other guys he routinely gets mentioned with at similar a similar stage of development.

I kinda would like my generational, franchise changing big to be a good rebounder, but thats just me.

roslolian and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Holy Hyperbole! @D-rock is gonna be grumpy when he gets here.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Seriously I would challenge anybody to watch some YouTube videos of Booker, Beal, Lavine, Edwards or whoever you fancy, post the links and tell me who looks better at similar ages and why. I’ve looked at all of those guys HS and freshman college YouTube videos with no bias and having no idea what to expect and Jalen looks flat out better at similar stages of development.

I really like Mobley a lot too. Him refusing to workout for us has kind of made me a little sour on him though.

Deuce, Mr Woods, Caesar and 7 others like this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The best part was where it said "has Mobley and Green in a similar tier" as opposed to D-rock's assertion that this person in particular had Mobley as the clear 2 over Green. All of his narratives are crumbling by the day haha.

Deuce and Verbal Christ like this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Such as linger on Clutchfans for two weeks straight because someone left the window open and there is a draft? And whittle my index finger down to the bone typing even-more-worthless-messages of late?

Caesar likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

Oh and one other thing I’d like to add is that I listened to that Nate Duncan and Mike Schmitz podcast in its entirety last night. He described Green as having Zach Lavine’s athleticism with Bradley Beal’s game.

Deuce, Dobbizzle and D-rock like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What does that combo give you in terms of a comparison of a former or current NBA player?

Shorter Mcgrady? Kobe?

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’ve been a Mobley man based on objective analysis. Emotionally, it’s hard not to get excited about a KPJ-Green backcourt.

D-rock likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At the very least it will be fun.

Harden has brought this franchise a lot with a decade's worth of relevancy but it will be good to see fun basketball because Harden's game sometimes can be very tedious to watch and hopefully winning basketball in a couple of seasons.

BonziWellsGOAT and Caesar like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silly, nothing new here.

Green is a top 3 prospect for a reason.

Verbal Christ likes this.