1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking 1-06-21: MAGA terrorist attack on Capitol

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Jan 6, 2021.

1. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...let them broads fight, man.;)

2. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not wishing for his death - only his humiliation. I'd be equally happy to see legislation that mandated that each and every show of his opened with this segment:

Rashmon likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see that Republicans are using the defense that "since it was half-assed, firearms weren't used and had bizarre characters" that it shouldn't be called an insurrection or be considered that serious. Meanwhile BLM protests that turn violent where most of the damage was done by improvised weapons also, are the most dangerous thing facing America.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

My biggest issue with the comparison is they completely forget the major differentiating factor between the two: the history of how it got to that point and the motivations of the respective sides.

One was caused by a single cult of personality spreading fake information thar democracy has ended and the other is a result of multigenerational systemic prevention of wealth accumulation and multiple generations of unequal law enforcement treatment that resulted in increased odds of crime and anger.

London'sBurning, arkoe, Xenon and 3 others like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The people that have been terrorized in the big cities are just as important as these lawmakers in Washington. All perpetrators should be justly punished based on their actions.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course. I'm not sure I've heard an argument saying that anyone who has assaulted others during protests that have turned violent shouldn't be prosecuted.

I know in Minneapolis that prosecutions of people following the killing of George Floyd have been prosecuted.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You keep purposely missing the point. Its not the individuals that are more important, but heart of our government. This was an armed assault on your government with the intention of overturning the election. The same importance if they attacked the USSC or the White House. And yes, if someone attacked the White House in order to change our government, or attack the USSC to overturn a ruling... require more severe punishment.

8. fchowd0311

Why are you making arguments against premises no one claims. Individuals who loot and riot should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

The discussion here is how we got here with the insurrection vs BLM riots because both have entirely different causes and therefore entirely different solutions.

dobro1229 likes this.
  9. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Is that why they sometimes call murder, an assassination? TIL /s

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Astrodome and others on the right don’t care about losing this argument as long as they can have it entertained long enough to allow those that watch Fox and read Facebook garbage to believe it.

This is a massive effort to rewrite history because they deep down understand how damaging January 6th will be to their party. It’s simply about everyone from Kevin McCarthy to Astrodome wanting their side to take power however they can.

Astrodome and other here have shown that they don’t care about Democracy truly if this is a game they still want to play. It’s just that simple.

mdrowe00 and VooDooPope like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Surprise...

London'sBurning and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Police attacked and injured. 1 dead. Members of congress terrorized. Message sent from Trump and MAGA loyalists.

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

14. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Do you actually believe this drivel? I guess the shoe bomber isn't a terrorist because he is incompetent.

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Tucker on CNN, what type of rabbit hole have I fallen into?

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'll never understand how these people weren't fired upon.

Unbelievable.

dmoneybangbang and VooDooPope like this.
  17. fchowd0311

Apparently Nancy Pelosi runs the day to day operations of Capitol security.

Damn the GOP is desperate.

mdrowe00 and VooDooPope like this.
  18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Wait until you hear about Glenn Beck.

19. dmoneybangbang

You and your people that act and talk the same.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member