1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

We may not win a ton of games, but it will be fun!

Mr Woods, Rudyc281, csnerd84 and 2 others like this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

[​IMG]

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Totally rational and fair my guy. You put alot of time into this cycle. Its been a hell of a ride. Its almost over and we can start the healing!

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

[​IMG]

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Lol at all defensive team. Slow down kid.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I love it! He doesnt need any random casual to tell him his defense is suspect. He knows what he needs to do. I mean his hype and negativity chasers will only be happy if he DOES reach those markers, why not allow him to say it? Thats big dick energy!

8. Denovo

Denovo Member

At least he didn’t give an answer like Jabari “They don’t pay players for defense” Parker lol

clutchdabear, BigM, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  9. 7uche

7uche Member

KPJ would’ve prolly averaged close 24 if he wasn’t playing alongside Wall and others.

He averages close to 19 PPG when he isn’t playing with Wall. I mean dude had a 50 point, 11 assists game a few weeks after he came from the g league

Rudyc281 and linvetb6 like this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I guess that "he doesn't care about defense" narrative is out now then? Kid's got the fire you need in a top guy. Attitude and drive go a long way, especially regarding whether or not somebody will hit their perceived ceiling (or smash right through it.) I'm almost worried he'll go first and Cade will be the consolation, as crazy as that sounds. Either way I'm sure we'd be very good, I really like the way this kid talks though.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Green will be playing besides the same players and coaches Porter did.

What is your point?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It took him a while to catch up to the NBA level. He ended up doing so and playing better towards the end of the season.... but he was also basically Harden level in the g league. Every second he was on the court he was by far the best player on either team so it makes sense he'd be close to ready for the NBA.

That's not the case with Green. He did decently, but he was really nothing special on offense and his defense was so pathetic he ended up a net negative for his team. I think he probably improved enough to probably hold a starter spot as the 3rd option on offense if the Rockets manage to dump Wall, but if they can't, he would come off the bench and that might be for the best in his first season.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Happy that narrative got back to him. If he is legit in working on this major weakness, he will be a star in this league.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

David Thorpe going at Green a little...... said he has no idea how to play winning basketball and the level of coaching in the G-League was lower than the NCAA. He did say he felt he was a talented player and a hard worker, but that he hasn't been handled well...... and that his defense is bad. Then again Thorpe also said that Porter is one of the worst defensive players in the NBA.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not answering this question for him. The acquisition of Jalen Green should make John Wall realize that he doesn't need to do all the heavy lifting. Wall should play like a pass first guy, this should make it easier for him to be traded by the February deadline to the Clippers if he remains healthy. KPJ can take the role of the starting PG by that time.

PS: Jalen Green worked out for the Rockets yesterday.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm starting to like this kid - good attitude.

Two Sandwiches, Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

You keep saying this. And I'll say it again, you're comparing apples to oranges when it comes to KPJ and Green's G League seasons. KPJ had two NBA training camps and a whole season in the NBA before playing a single game in the G League. He already had decent exposure of the NBA game and speed, not to mention the college game. Jalen Green went straight from High School to the G League and avg almost 18 ppg. That makes a big difference.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

One of the worst defenders in the g league saying he wants to be on all defensive team is peak delusion.

Little Bit and csnerd84 like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Fine. I agree with you. I believe Cade will end up being the best player in this draft.