1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Pistons pass on Cade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Jul 27, 2021.

?

If Pistons pass on Cade?????

1. Draft Cade?

101 vote(s)
    74.8%
  2. Trade pick to OKC for #6, SGA, and all our other picks back?

34 vote(s)
    25.2%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

LMFAO. this is just flat out sad patrick

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Just because it happened this one time does not mean it will happen again soon, every single time a trade happens there is a possibility that one of the teams made a mistake and the outgoing young talent becomes one of the best of all time. Problem is it almost never actually happens, to even have a glimpse of hope that it could happen again is an incredible disadvantage.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would take sga and 6 for 2. Sga is really good. Good scorer on good efficiency. Heck I would would trade 2 straight up for sga.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

since we’re talking crazy right now, if we’re living in a world where Cade fell to 2, and OKC didn’t want to pay Shai and is trying to trade him, then I’m not giving up Cade, but they can have all those BK picks for him straight up since they’re so obsessed with stockpiling picks…if they wanted KPJr, they could have him too

Shai who is an established young player quickly approaching All-Star status, Cade who has star potential, Wood, and then target the summer of 2023 for free agency

5. Lovemachine2000

Don't know whether to LMAO or SMH.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Landry's Tooth

I like the assets of sga and picks more than Cade, but i take Cade because of cap space...

Cade would be on a rookie deal giving you potential to add 2 max guys to him, porter, and wood in 2 years.

I think that's the wiser play for a super team...

I think to when Cleveland traded for Kevin Love. Granted Wiggins ended up being garbage but they could have signed someone with the cap space and kept the younger player around. Maybe Wiggins becomes a better player next to LeBron?

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Based on the reactions/responses in this thread there's a lot of basketball that people aren't watching and/or not understanding. It's okay to actually watch NBA games that don't include the Rockets.

gfab-babyboi and hakeem94 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this...if not for the injury and sitting out half a year... who knows if any of the top 4 picks this year ever amount to anything....

ROXTXIA likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Obviously I haven't seen many games against OKC lately. I looked up Gilgamesh-Alexander the Great's stats; kid is pretty good.

Obviously that tear in his plantar fascia that shortened his season has helped put him on the block (and not accepted?). And it would scare me off, too. Otherwise, he really isn't a kid you trade.

^ This. Posted almost simultaneously with mine.

hakeem94 and Reeko like this.
  10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

for some reason i have a feeling Detroit draft Cade, we draft Green, then Silver announces there is a trade

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

All beef Patty on a sesame seed bun

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

name another houston owner(or even a cf member), robbed blind by the refs in the playoffs 2 years in a row, in his first 2 years in the nba, and would still pay the luxury tax

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, he’s a very good player who is still ascending…if any of these guys in this draft are as good in their 3rd season as Shai was in his, you’d take it and run although my comps for Cade have always been Tatum with more playmaking instincts or taller Shai, so I could see him putting up similar production in a few years

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

except he didn’t want to pay LT heading into his 2nd season as owner which is why we went dumpster diving for Melo, Ennis, and MCW and reduced salary at the trade deadline

If u won’t pay LT when the team is trying to contend, then when will u ever pay it?

YOLO likes this.
  15. markelliott1997

I don't think that's going to happen.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

imagine years from now when Stone comes to Tilman with all these trades or signings to try and push the team over the top, and Tilman starts going on about the LT yet again

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

One thing to consider is that the rockets would have 2 all-star caliber players to build around, Wood and SGA. In addition, I believe KPJ is the real thing at PG. With SGA and a healthy Wood and the #6 pick, we would at least be playoff contenders next year. People forget how good Wood was before the injury and that we won 11 games in a row (admittedly against a very weak schedule). It really comes down to if Stone believes Cade is generational talent or not.

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Although, if Tilman actually had paid more attention to how the sporting world works, he would know that is unfortunately par for the course.

Two stars, same team, in the Finals? Great. One star down? Ratings down. Hmn......uh, let the Warriors jump into the Rockets' 3-pt shooting space. (Reggie Miller: "How is that not a foul? And here....six-point swing." C-Webb: "That's a foul. That should be called a foul." End of same game, after getting talked to by upper management: Reggie / CWebb: "Once again, James Harden could not seal the deal.")

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

And the next All-Star-caliber player team personnel currently eye as available: Oklahoma City point guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who's suddenly eligible to sign a projected five-year, $168 million rookie scale extension this summer. It would appear, however, any interested team would need to meet the Thunder's significant asking price. "It's going to take a f--king lot to get him, but he's no longer impossible to get," said one team executive.

That would present a categorical change in the Thunder's approach to Gilgeous-Alexander from ahead of the 2020 draft last August, sources said, when all four teams selecting within the first four picks contacted OKC about the 23-year-old and were quickly rebuffed by Thunder officials.

Flashing forward to this summer, where Oklahoma City proactively called Detroit to offer Gilgeous-Alexander plus the No. 6 pick for No. 1, sources said, in an attempt to land Cade Cunningham—the framework B/R's Jonathan Wasserman first alluded to on Monday. Since drawing the top selection in June, Detroit has consistently messaged to rival teams it would need a first in this year's draft, future draft ammo and an established young star.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member