1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

I was Green until @HP3 said he was Green Gang and I had to switch it up for Mobley but I couldn't do it anymore until like 3 days ago.... When the news broke out that Mobley was not giving us a workout I had every reason to go back to Green whom I originally wanted at 2...

HP3, Rudyc281 and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

u had me convinced u were a part of the council for Mobley Tribe along with jigglyfly, Chief D-rock, and Secretary of Defense Bobbythegreat

Denovo, Bo6, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

lol this had me cracking up.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Hopefully Green can build his body to rookie Mj size and have the swag along with it. Im so excited

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lol nah, my switch is documented in some game thread I forget which one.. HP3 can confirm, I almost had me convinced too... Then I watched some Green videos and was like hol up....

Mobley may end up the best player in the draft, but Green is similar to Cade in that you can't pass these guys up. You just cant, and if Mobley or Suggs turn out better well you cant blame Detroit or Houston for their selections. Cade and Green, there is just something about them.

Denovo, HTXSportsAddict, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Green is 18 and in great shape. Wait till he gets nba strength n conditioning around him.

Fulgore, Mr Woods and Caesar like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Im no longer on the Green train now that Salvey is on it. Im sorry @Reeko

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cade and Green are nice steaks from a good restaurant, Mobley is a nice home cooked meal, and Suggs is a PB&J sandwich…this #2 overall pick is a huge promotion, and I want to celebrate with some steak…maybe I end up having a bad experience at the restaurant and would’ve been better off staying at home, but I’ll take the risk

that’s my take on things

Denovo, TimDuncanDonaut, Bo6 and 6 others like this.
  9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Suggs is at least a grilled cheese.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Bo6, HP3, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, you’re right…PB&J is a little harsh

Denovo and tmoney1101 like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

HP3 and Caesar like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

That's a great analogy, I just really hope we keep our pick... I don't want surprises, I don't care for all this trade talk. I don't want The Rockets trying to be too ambitious when they have Green available. Houston possibly has in hindsight the best position, we don't have the pressure of a 1st pick bust and we don't have to overpay to move up because the next pick is absolutely arguably almost as good. Detroit, has very little or should have very little leverage because of how good Green is.

Cleveland, Toronto and OKC can outbid themselves for Cade but we don't have to do anything... Just draft Green...

HTXSportsAddict, Caesar and rfrocket like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why do people keep saying he's 18? He's been 19 for more than half a year now.

BigggReddd likes this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Don't let your dislike for me cloud your judgement on what's best for The Rockets....

HP3 likes this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cheap Tillman! Couldn't even spring for the Hilton Americas which is right next to the Toyota Center? Had to make Jalen commute into downtown? wtf

Bo6, RasaqBoi, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  19. platypus

platypus Member

Where are the folks that thought he wouldn’t show up for his workout since the rockets are such a poorly run organization? All I see is a guy who’s trying to be picked number one.

I had Mobley and Green neck and neck talent wise with the slight edge to green because of his mentality and competitiveness. I’m disappointed Mobley not wanting to workout proved me right, I was hoping he would show some more fire than this.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOLLLL

it might be the same room Silas stayed in when he was interviewing is the gossip. Cheap ass Tilman gonna have Green say “No Houston”. Lol I’m kidding. Please.