1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

RIP your mentions!

[​IMG]

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I’m not for the Russ slander but this is hilarious lmao

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I’m in for Wood/EGo - Wiseman/Wiggins/7/14. Not all in for Wood going out, tho. Would want a haul.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

STONE, the car salesman : You didn't order the Metallic Pea?
    TROY WEAVER Pistons GM: Metallic Pea?
    STONE : I'll get to the bottom of this. Davenport!
    Davenport : Yes, Mr. Ed?
    STONE: Mr. Weaver ordered a blue sports wagon, where is it?
    Davenport : I don't know sir.
    STONE : [to Clark] I know what must have happened. It didn't come in.
    TROY WEAVER Pistons GM: Stone, I'm not your average everyday fool. Now I want my blue sports wagon and if you can't get it I'm gonna take my business elsewhere! Where's my old car?
    STONE: I'm just as upset as you are, believe me. Davenport! Get Mr. Weaver's car back and bring it back here! Now I can get you the wagon, there's not problem there. The problem is that it might take six weeks. Now, I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster... You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.
    TROY WEAVER : I don't want to drive it. I just want my old car back. I'm not falling for this. Let's go, Russ.

#944 ROXTXIA, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    eman, Nook, carolbmt and 1 other person like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Okay, yes, I feels ya. Sorry if my ego bruised much too easily.

Yeah, I just wonder if to include Wood in a trade, or to keep him and his skill set, knowing he will ask for money that Tilman will not pay him.

6. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

And hornets trade that draft pick and Adams

7. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I’d do this even without the 14th pick included.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Steven Adams ended up in Memphis

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

‘Yeah, but’. That’s tomorrow. I hope hope hope Wood positions himself to get paid paid paid.

PS - me bruise your ego? Never an intent. We can agree, disagree or just toss egos against the mocks and draft Kuminga…

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

ok, me too. However, let us not ignore the $25 mil in tax savings for the Dubs…

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

this guy’s hit ratio seems to be quite low

at this point, chalk him up as a non-douchey holic who has yet to be called out for fake/trash sources

ElPigto and steddinotayto like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Denovo and Vivi like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

The stuff he says about Toronto is intriguing as i can see Ujiri go for something like that, where it sounds like bs is the part about "Reddish only traded for a star", the guy has great potential for sure, but the way he played so far i don't know, doesn't seem like a guy that will be considered that kind of asset by anyone aside for Atalanta maybe.

luckyman76 and roslolian like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why would toronto try to get Lillard when they have Lowry who is Mr. Toronto? If they trade Siakam then they are better off rebuilding with suggs, 7, 14 and Wiseman.

If they wanna trade 4rth for Beal and 7th+14th for Simmons then fine but then why get rid of Siakam? Beal, Simmons, OG arent gonna go anywhere and is barely better than Lowry, Siakam and Van Fleet.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes you have to make bold moves in order to reshuffle your roster. If they want to get both picks from the Warriors, it makes sense they have to give up Pascal, plus because of the money situation, you need Wiggins to match. It's a good time for Washington to reset, so I would think getting this years 4th pick along with several other future unprotected picks would be a good haul for Beal who will likely bolt after 2022.

16. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

It seems like he’s a pretty trusted insider on the Hawks board. We’ve heard it said over and over again that 99.9% of all trades discussed never make it to paper. I still enjoy hearing the rumors behind them.

He’s just reporting what he hears.

Htown Legend and giddyup like this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The most ridiculous thing about that Toronto trade is that Washington is okay with taking back the 4th and Wiggins for Beal. Like...you seriously couldn't find a better deal than that? All Washington has to do is make it known that they are open for business on Beal and wait for the offers to come in. Hell, after missing out on Harden, Morey would probably send Simmons, Maxey and everything else for Beal.

luckyman76 and roslolian like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more future pick compensation.

steddinotayto likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Lowry is gone after they couldn't or didn't want to extend him, but that's just my guess.

As for Siakam i think ElPigto is spot on, and i'd personally do the same, i'm not a big fan of Siakam (not saying he's bad though), especially on a max contract so, getting two lottery picks for him...i'd be pretty happy with that.

With that said i kinda agree with you, Beal, Simmons, VanVleet and OG shouldn't lead them anywhere, but that would also be a pretty young and solid/controllable core for many years (assuming Beal would extend), three shooters next to Simmons, pretty great defensive potential too...Ujiri is also very high on OG so, he might expect him to develop even further. They would've to find a good center though, and i don't think that's Turner, but who knows.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd still take the 4th pick and whatever else Toronto would include as filler/s over Simmons, Maxey and the couple of bad picks Philly can trade if i'm Washington (or any team going into a rebuild).

And was just thinking, Toronto and Washington could also put Thomas Bryant in the deal, that's a young center who can shoot the 3 and shouldn't cost much. Toronto gets him, Washington gets an additional pick...

steddinotayto likes this.