1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong I love Cunningham and would love for him to be a Rocket (not at the expense of giving up anymore then the #2 and Detroit it's pick back though). I just don't see him as a superstar. Perennial All-star definitely. Highest floor in this draft no question.

2. txtodd

txtodd Member

Detroit pick return, Tate and our 23rd are not highly valuable individually. Add them up maybe its enough sweetener and you get a high second back. I think this is what a real deal looks like. But not a no brainer for anyone,

vince likes this.
  3. vince

vince Member

I think you are right. A trade up for the #1 pick will hurt, at least that's what any Rocket fan should be bracing for anyways. Common sense says, that if Detroit was 100% in on Cade, they would not entertain the trade talk, but they might be just as high on another guy they could take #2 overall, and reap in a huge draft haul.

Detroit is being smart in this scenario. I truly cannot blame the Rockets for kicking the tires around in this situation. Because the NBA draft is anything but a sure thing, as it falls in line right next to the MLB baseball draft; but because baseball has so many rounds, it stings less.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So this guy lied right?

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's like saying Cyber or Cod "lied", these brehs hear stuff and they share it, often times it doesn't happen but when it breaks through it creates some of the most enjoyable times on bball forums

Draft night trades don't happen until THE draft as well

6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/432784-12012020-the-new-ask-supes/page/58/#comments

Breaking News!

Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum, Bradley Beal, RUSSELL WESTBROOK, Collin Sexton, Kevin Love, 2021 Draft, Smaller moves

Lillard did meet with the Portland Trail Blazers, neil olshey and he did not request a trade. He did request they make moves to improve. From what I've heard recently is RoCo and Nurk is safe. C.J. is gone. If Jones opts in, they would like to package a protected 1st and him for a young player with real potential. Portland is serious about upgrading their talent level. They are also resigning Norm Powell as well.

As for C.J., it seems like Sexton/Love for McCollum seems to be closer to a done deal. The issue is, Portland wants someone better than Sexton but that's just not available at this time considering C.J. contract. I mentioned this earlier.

Bradley Beal has not request a trade nor will he request a trade is the information I just got. That said, he wants Washington to add another star which is not possible at this time. He also is not willing to do an extension is wants to go into FA where he has options but he stated to be leaning on resigning with Washington.

Russell Westbrook has requested a trade to a contender. The only contender who has shown interest is the Lakers. From what I am told, Washington is impressed with the offer from LA where they even get a deep into the future 1st round pick.

From what I was told, Washington is not shopping Beal unless he ask for a trade but the writing is on the wall, if they don't move him, they can lose him in 2022 for nothing. Right now, I would lean to saying Beal will be traded to Golden State on draft night especially since they have a deal in place with LA for Russ. Beal saying he wants to stay in Washington but not signing an extension kinda is KD's double talk he did with OKC and GS.

I was told any Beal trade will be expensive and he's expected to extend if traded.

Sexton has received trade interest but nothing including a lottery pick.

Kevin Love has no trade interest as of right now.

2021 draft

DET/HOU/CLE will take Cade/Green/Mobley

After that, could be unique

NY is trying to move up into the top 13

HOU is trying to move up as well but will likely stick.

LAL is not planning on trade their 1st in this draft.

NO have been on the prowl for a young vet for 10th overall but the interest has been slim. They have targeted other teams high end potential prospects and haven't had any luck.

Harrell and Kris Dunn who lost a lot of value are considering opting in for their contracts.

THT is expected to resign with the Lakers.

Spurs are showing interest to John Collins. Not sure at what cost but they are showing some interest.

I mentioned in another thread about the 2nd wave and many guys are on the market but will likely NOT be moved on draft night. FA is when those guys are expected to be moved.

The Kings really want to resign Richaun Holmes.

There is talk that Steven Adams will be traded to the Hornets during this time period depending on what the Hornets can do in FA.

Myles Turner will be moved, while some expected it to be during the draft, I think it will take place after the draft during FA. Indy willingness to take on money unlike NO for Adams is why Turner cost is a lot more than Adams.

Richie_Rich, vince, JumpMan and 9 others like this.
  7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How can LA trade for Westbrook without giving up THT?

8. DonatelloLimestone

Fair enough, where do you see green. Mobley? Suggs?

9. Denovo

Denovo Member

Trading CJ for Sexton and Love makes no sense.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

According to NBA Trade, it is possible to trade Kuzma/KCP for Westbrook. The Lakers would likely have to renounce all their other free agents except THT I'm guessing.

I hope Westbrook to LA happens, would be fun to see that trainwreck.

11. swakid8

swakid8 Member

it does for CJ as he is from Ohion and has ties in Akron.

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

NO shopping 10 pick? o_O

Rafiel Stowen we trust!
    Get’r done Stowen!!!
    …….
    …….
    …….

Deckard likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Charlotte will need a center and have cap space this summer if they renounce their "meh" free agents. Christian Wood + I don't know what (#24? Nwaba?), would these get us into the discussion for the Hornets' #12 (or is it 11) pick? Or do we want to stay the course with C-Wood?

Sorry....just musing, like my Clutch brethren.

Or even something involving this.

Deckard and BamBam like this.
  14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Golly gee, would want lots more!

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't get the "golly gee" sarcasm or whatever, just wondering if those picks would be in play for us.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Lebron ever won a ring with Russ on his team, he is the undisputed GOAT

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I like Green a lot. I think Suggs is going to end up like Billups. Think Mobley is a bust

ApacheWarrior and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Stone should try to get that NO pick! I love Tate, but I would trade him and #23,#24 for the number #10 if Kispert was still on the table!

Getting Green and Kispert would be a fantastic draft IMO!!

…….
    …….
    …….

19. DonatelloLimestone

I don't see any billups in suggs, but I do get what you mean. HE was underwhelming most of the college run. I do think that if he is not playing against a zone and in the nba pace he can open the court and w'ell see another suggs than what we saw in college, he just has to refine his 3 ball. So maybe tehres more to it, I'm not writing him off that he can't be special, I just haven't seen that enough in college to where I'm leaning towards Green and feel comfortable with that.

But with billups, I see billups as a guy whose not crazy athletic, but has good size, poise, and an amazing shot as a settled floor general, I see suggs as more athletic and a spark to run, but a lackluster inconsistent shot(his form looks fine to build upon) and his success will be determind by falling to the right team who will really let him run. Its like Lonzo, people think hes a 3/d bc thats how STan has played him and even bfore with Luke he didn't get a consistent leash, but he just moves the ball and has a lot of tendencies to jason kidd, but a coach who gives him the full leash will unlock a different player so it depends on the right fit, system

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We gotta trust stone on this one... he’s a real dealer.

vince likes this.