1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Many of you are selling Evan Mobley short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. daytripper

daytripper Member

I believe it was Evan's brother, Isaiah, that worked out for the Cavs prior to pulling out of the draft. I don't believe Evan Mobley or Suggs have worked out for any teams at least to this point. Cade and Green have both apparently worked out with Detroit since they have the first pick. Who knows..the agents seem to pull all the strings. My gut feeling is that Troy Weaver desperately wants to draft Green but there is alot of politics in play in that Detroit FO. I'll go one step further and say Weaver would love nothing more than to get a haul from the Rockets and draft Green at #2 similar to what Boston did in the Fultz/Tatum draft.

D-rock likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

It's the same thing, unless you think anyone can just add muscle and strength like Giannis..... o_O

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I just saw this on ESPN. What the hell is going on that they wouldn't come in for a workout ?

D-rock likes this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The process of waiting for and enduring the Westbrook era, end of Harden, lottery buildup, lottery joy and reading all of Bobbythegreats posts has really taken a toll. Ready for Thursday night and the dawn of a new era. I lean slightly Green but am happy with Mobley.

I think all the tea leaves clearly point to Green or a trade to #1.

Poonwalker, dmoneybangbang and Ramo$e like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

‘Cause they’re taking Jalen Green.

Cade workout for Rockets? Nope, not interested.
    Mobley workout for Rockets? Stonewalled.
    Suggs workout for Rockets? Stonewalled.

houston19519 likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

wtf

What happened to "no stone unturned" Rafa f*cking el?

Little Bit and D-rock like this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That is real weird. You'd think those guys would love to workout for the team with the number 2 pick. You'd also think they'd rather live in a warm climate than Cleveland or Toronto. Very strange.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

If okc does offer a godfather haul for the 2nd pick, I think bringing in these guys would be important. However Steph never met with the warriors and they took him anyways

D-rock likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I remember this being reported for the Pistons

The Pistons hosted Cade Cunningham for a light workout in Detroit on Tuesday, and are slated to bring Jalen Green and Jalen Suggs in for private workouts in the coming days. The Pistons would like to bring Evan Mobley in, but have yet to schedule a visit, sources said.

Do Mobley’s handlers just suck?

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...obley-jalen-green-and-other-top-10-prospects/

2. Evan Mobley
    Ceiling: Anthony Davis

Stop me if you've heard this one before. Every skinny, mobile big man who can shoot a little bit seems to be compared to Davis, but with Mobley the comparisons are apt -- that is, if he fully develops his burgeoning skill set. Mobley can be a Defensive Player of the Year candidate while providing incredible versatility offensively with ball-handling and shooting for his size. When people talk about Mobley as the best player in the class, they probably see a Davis-like future for him.

Floor: Taller Larry Nance Jr.

There's a world in which Mobley's skills never fully develop, and he ends up as a mobile, athletic big who's a good rebounder, capable of playmaking and ball-handling, but not quite strong enough to be a force in the middle. Obviously Mobley is quite a bit taller than Nance, but he could end up playing more on the perimeter given his slight frame, as a decent 3-point shooter who never truly becomes a deep threat.

Sweet spot: Bam Adebayo

A versatile, switchable big who can finish inside as well as he can facilitate offense, Adebayo seems like the right kind of projection for Mobley. If he never becomes a true threat from 3-point range and his shot-blocking doesn't reach Anthony Davis levels, Mobley could settle into a career as an All-Star who's more of a 1B than a 1A in terms of being the guy on a championship contender.

1. Cade Cunningham
    Ceiling: Luka Doncic
    Floor: Nicolas Batum
    Sweet Spot: Early Grant Hill

3. Jalen Green
    Ceiling: Clyde Drexler
    Floor: Jordan Clarkson
    Sweet Spot: Zach LaVine

4. Jalen Suggs
    Ceiling: Gary Payton
    Floor: Derrick White
    Sweet Spot: Malcolm Brogdon

5. Scottie Barnes
    Ceiling: Draymond Green
    Floor: James Johnson
    Sweet Spot: OG Anunoby

6. Jonathan Kuminga
    Ceiling: DeMar DeRozan
    Floor: Jeff Green
    Sweet Spot: Rudy Gay

7. James Bouknight
    Ceiling: Jamal Murray
    Floor: Malik Monk
    Sweet Spot: Terrence Ross

8. Moses Moody
    Ceiling: Khris Middleton
    Floor: Reggie Bullock
    Sweet Spot: Mikal Bridges

9. Josh Giddey
    Ceiling: Reggie Theus
    Floor: Evan Turner
    Sweet Spot: LaMelo Ball

10. Alperen Sengun
    Ceiling: DeMarcus Cousins
    Floor: Willy Hernangomez
    Sweet Spot: Jonas Valanciunas

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pick ANY player.

Every single NBA player has added muscle and strength since they were drafted.

Especially players who were drafted in their teens.

You have gone full r****d.

Never go full r****d.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Stone did say he sees these picks as assets to trade

"I definitely think of them as trade assets, too," Stone said. "They are the one thing that are commoditized in the NBA. Everybody values first-round picks, and the better the picks are, the higher the value."

Caesar and D-rock like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Is the argument that Mobley can't add weight and strength? No.

Stop lying and stop making poor player comparisons. You brought this on yourself with the ignorant Giannis comparison.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cade too amirite?

J.R. likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Of course it is.

You are on record insisting that Mobley's narrow shoulders and body type are reasons why he will NOT add weight.

No one, absolutely NOBODY, has said that Mobley will gain the exact amount of muscle that Giannis has.

Mobley, like Green, is 19, he will absolutely gain more weight and strength. Your pathetic attempts to insist otherwise is an obvious ploy to slander Mobley.

You and your feeble alternate realities always come into play when your lies and BS narratives are exposed.

Own up to your lies.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Can someone please share this

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  19. saleem

saleem Member

I admit I'm biased towards Cade as a player, but I'm angry that he thinks he is too good to work out for us. Mobley, Suggs and Green aren't as good as Cade.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

Nope. I've used Mobley's frame as why he won't bulk up like a AD type of player, not the he can't gain strength or weight.

You are just so sensitive to any Mobley criticism that you lose your mind and become unable to debate.

saleem likes this.