1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Picking #2, #23 and #24 who do you...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jun 30, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Red flags are only reason he drops IMO, if he actually drops.

But one of the purported issues he had at Duke was that Coach K wanted to move him to the 5.

JJ thought that would hurt his draft stock as well as inhibit his growth as point forward.

2. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Hey bro I couldn't help but notice that you liked but then quickly unliked one of my posts about jalen green earlier today.

Were you down with the sentiment but then thought it was too much hyping to cosign? Just wondering what happened there.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

No problem with your posts so far.

Just wary of "Only Fans" in a Rockets forum.

You seem polite so giving you benefit of doubt.

I give tons of likes so I'm sure I'll overcome my trepidation soon.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is def the Ben Simmons of this draft though so you are right, if he drops to 23rd maybe the P word is too good to pass up.

His shooting is weird AF though 62% from ft but 44% from 3 lol. He hates contact on offense (just takes 3 fts per game) but takes charges on defense no problem.

I think the key to him is work ethic and passion for the game. He has a lot of talent but the team drafting needs to see if he is interested in bball for a long time. He is gonna be amazing if he will spend time to work on his game.

Trackwell, saleem and D-rock like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’ll take Cade #2, Suggs #23, Green #24

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If this doesn't happen then Stone should be fired

ThatBoyNick, D-rock and palmsnbananas like this.
  7. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Oh I assure you I'm a Houston resident and lifelong Rockets fan. I started following Jalen Green in AAU when I heard there was a great Filipino prospect because I'm Filipino myself. I learned a lot about him and his rivals.

I've browed this forum for a while and threw out the onlyfan thing cause I love Jalen and thought it was a funny reference to all the player only fan accusations I see here. I think it initially started with Jeremy Lin?

Jalen is my all time favorite player but I'm a rockets guy.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man... still no Mobley!

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  9. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He also transferred high schools. It does raise some flags, but it might turn out to be nothing. I’d rather take a chance on a talented red flag at #24 than trading the pick for future assets. KPJ has worked out so far.

D-rock and roslolian like this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

If Detroit will work with us, if not trade back with Cleveland, Orlando or OKC then use 23 & 24 to move up

2, 24 & their FRP back for 1 (Cade)
    Or
    2 for 3 & Okoro
    Or
    2 for 5&8
    OR
    2 for 6 and debt forgiveness
    OR
    2 23 & 24 for 6, 16 & complete forgiveness
    OR
    23 & 24 for late lottery- mid-teens pic.

next week is a crossroads for our future.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Doesn't see himself as a 5.

Selfishly hoping that drops him to 23.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Another project for Lucas to unlock? I would be happy to take him. I don't think he will fall to 23 though.

roslolian likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah no way he falls to 23 he gonna be gone in the teens.

But tbh thats ok I got an eye on other prospects like Trey Murphy III, Kai Jones and JT Thor. People talk about trading up we should be trading in, as in give up assets to get more picks in this draft.

Corrosion likes this.
  14. saleem

2 for 3 and Okoro is fine with me. No to the other stuff.

15. saleem

I like them too. JT is most likely to be available at 23. I want to retain all future 1st round picks. Trade House for a second round pick and take Kessler Edwards, or Vernz B as a Euro stash. Scottie Lewis can be a nice option for House too.

16. fattz

fattz Member

The reason most are undecided is because there’s no consensus number two, making the pick hard to use. Mobley & Green both have concerns. If we can pull an asset like #8 Sengun, Moody or Bouknight PLUS get #5 Barnes or Suggs. 2 > 1. Cuts the chances of a bust in 1/2 with the hope of both working out. Let the players fall to us and we still win.

My fear is a bust at #2 pick which happens about 1/3 of time or even worse an okayish player that is locked into that #2 pick contract that is to good to cut but not good enough to be a star, overpaid mediocrity.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's 4th on my imaginary draft board

I'd go Cade, Suggs, Green, Mobley, in that order

I'd be happy with any of them though, I'm not like these pretend scouts who are trying to hyper analyze youtube videos, I don't know shet Rockets will make the pro decision

Trackwell and D-rock like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wagner is a name that doesn't get mentioned a ton on here but he's nice, I wouldn't mind trading up for him amongst a handful of other guys

Butler falling to one of our late picks would be sweet, Ayayi seems like a guy with a really high floor for someone projected to go early 2nd

20. D-rock

D-rock Member