1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Republicans lead an anti-vax movement?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by durvasa, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Andre0087 and pgabriel like this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Unequal access to vaccines is not the same as vaccine hesitancy

3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

nonsense. Trumptards are Trumptards

4. Amiga

Supporting Member

if you like to think that way, you are welcome to :)

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

7. HTM

HTM Member

D. Hopkins is a Republican?

Astrodome and IBTL like this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Don't think so, but black people are more distrusting of the government because they've been F'ed by the man so many times in history. It's weird, but I know more than a few liberal black friends that are scared of the vaccine.

VooDooPope, mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Yeah, that whole government approved slavery then Jim Crow laws left a bad taste in our mouths...still if a scummy politician gets the shot regardless of party I'll take it too. Safe enough for them, good enough for me...

VooDooPope likes this.
  10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

At this point, it is the most tested set of vaccines other than the mandatory ones like Polio, Rubella, Measles, Mumps. Over 1 billion people world wide have been vaccinated.

Andre0087 likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member

lol hopkins is maga

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You don’t have to be MAGA to be affected by MAGA. Disinformation is created in order to target people who would never identify with who they are propping up. It’s designed to tear apart the opposition from within.

In 2016 Russia heavily targeted Hillary and the Dems by sowing disinformation to the African American community via Facebook. It doesn’t mean that those African Americans targeted were expected to move to Russia to become life long Putin only fans or even become Republicans here at home. The goal was to cause divisions and sew distrust in their own communities and definitely to not vote in their own interest or in this case make health decisions in their own interest.

Yes I feel pretty certain that Hopkins is a victim of disinformation in this case but no I doubt he is a MAGA Republican by any stretch. Distrust of government in general is kind of a bipartisan thing too. Rage against the machine wasn’t a Republican or libertarian group. Same with Public Enemy and many others. Under different circumstances I definitely could see those artists making a public stand against a government funded vaccine produced by a pharma giant. But the difference is in this case I’m sure Tom Morello and Chuck D have done their homework and Deandre Hopkins clearly has not. Hopkins probably gets his vaccine research from Tic Tok and Tom Morello probably now reads data from John Hopkins.

13. Major

Major Member

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...d-america-breaking-point-anti-vaxxers/619539/

In April, people in counties that Joe Biden won in 2020 were two points more likely to be fully vaccinated than people in counties that Donald Trump won: 22.8 percent were fully vaccinated in Biden counties; 20.6 percent were fully vaccinated in Trump counties. By early July, the vaccination gap had widened to almost 12 points: 46.7 percent were fully vaccinated in Biden counties, 35 percent in Trump counties. When pollsters ask about vaccine intentions, they record a 30-point gap: 88 percent of Democrats, but only 54 percent of Republicans, want to be vaccinated as soon as possible. All told, Trump support predicts a state’s vaccine refusal better than average income or education level.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And that's the problem. Those that support Trump are those with a larger share of Blame for new variants, and causing more closings and restrictions on small businesses and our economy.

It got better because largely people who didn't support Trump got vaccinated and helped. As usual, Blue states and Democrat voters picking up the slack.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Really hard to feel any sympathy for those that are getting sick when are capable of getting vaccinated.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m still sitting here patiently waiting on the anti-American movement

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

downplaying the virus, inciting others to not get vaccinated, vaccine misininformation...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Wake me up when it’s a
    see Jan 6th

VooDooPope and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. Amiga

Supporting Member

Seem like most of them realize the political risk to 2022 and are trying to walk back a self inflicted mistake. Kind of too late for the thousand of death, suffering and economic loss due to the antivax Republican caucus and their media friends.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe. All I can say is better late than never.

The sad thing is that so many of their supporters have been conditioned so long to not trust the science and beleive the virus isn't serious, fake, or a trick.

So they won't believe their politicians now that they are finally starting to urge vaccinations.