1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Rockets FO making players that want out happy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Jul 22, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden gets the Nets -- Tuck gets the Bucks -- RoCo to the Blazers...

Seems like the current Rockets' FO is treating player requests with respect and putting them in good situations. Appears to be a good way to run the business -- what's your opinion CFs? Morey definitely seemed more cut throat with his moves.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

All this under Fertita’s control.. hmmm makes you wonder… Tillman might be a nice guy after all. :eek:

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

How much of it is respect or to show appreciation for their time and how much of it is that those teams were able to offer Stone what he wanted in return for said player? I mean if Morey had manned up and gave up everything for Harden to be a Sixer Stone would have taken that deal.

EDIT: That being said, Stone seems to have a higher EQ than Morey. I don't think we'll see Stone refer to players as "assets" so loosely.

#3 steddinotayto, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

For sure. I think it's part of Stone's clean up of the franchise's image under Morey. That's why i think a buyout is coming for Wall if he isn't traded by next summer.

5. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Stone is a pleaser.

burlesk and Verbal Christ like this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Daryl Morey when he first started trading older players for younger players.

Rafer Alston for Kyle Lowry

Goran Dragic

Luis Scola for Draft Picks

Kept trading until James Harden was available.

Sadly after James Harden, Daryl Morey never impressed me after that.

No Carl Landry, Aaron Brooks, Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic finds when James Harden was traded to Houston.

7. DonatelloLimestone

Yea morey had a way that I don't think was ideal. in the end of the day ,as awkward as it is, be a man and just tell somoene to their face. that goes for players with their request and management. I think we hear two things from Chris Paul about his time in houston, one being that Ariza was a huge glue peice that we were missing the other is that Morey lied to him about not trading him and he never heard back.

that said, i think we over did it here. Harden and Tuck...absolutely, they paid their dues. They also were done wrong while we had 90 percent of our moves to save money and somehow the rockets leak that we accomodate harden only based on one trade, well what about depth, role, staff players and allthe other moves...apparently we werent afraid of him then?

But oladipo and roco? Thats just dumb giveaways. Especially oladipo, what loyalty do we have to a guy who spent a few months in Red, sat our more than half, sucked more than half, then also had made it known since before the trade, before the year that he wants to go miami...that was just stupid and a loss for Houston.

But now the rockets under tilman have that reputation that no 1A talent who has other options would want to go, make a bunch of money for an owner who will point fingers and lie and then also cheap out. Rich paul ahs sadi it, lebron, davis, jordan, kobe, even timmy d....none of the 'winners' would stay in an environment or goto one like that and players empowerment is only growing.

So rockets have some repair work to do. Our guys are generally new in stone and silas, silas especially seems well liked by the players and now days thats what its about. tHe spurs aren't a tenable goal anymore, its the nets, lakers, or jazz and just building from within but allowing the stars who the nba has catered in style and marketing too, to flourish.

Its a new start, lets see what happens, but if we pull the same moves where we cut depth in 5-7 years when the guys are in contention, then those stars will also want trades and leave. We have to invest in our culture, infrastructure, staffing, development and make it the organization tilman sold us on when he first came and more improtantly meet the Par that the rest of the winners are setting.

We've got a new star hopefully coming, a new chance to do it right. All starts in a week, can't wait go rockets!

#7 DonatelloLimestone, Jul 22, 2021
    Highlyrated and CriscoKidd like this.
  8. DonatelloLimestone

the hope is that he learns. what he pulled in landrys or his other business world, where you can lie, point fingers, and cheap out doesnt make sense or work in a small nba world where the moeny is crazy and the players have the most power and that is not changing, they are the talent and they generate revenue, not the owners.

I mean morey left, brown left, harden, tucker, bzdelik, mda, they all didn't want to waste away their short nba careers on a guy who is going to leak info, lie and blame publicly, and then also cheap out. That is what we need to change, and now we don't have to worry about tax for some years.

Lets see, sarver was trading first round picks for cash sort of what we did(we traded for money or tax savings) but then years later he went and paid the guys taht rockets wouldn't even in contention, he paid Ariza that one year contract and even taded him so understanding the contracts are assets. He paid Chris Paul who rockets threw away and he was rewarded. So gives hope, tilman ****ed up in the begining, he lied to us, terrible burn down, but he sstill the owner and the rocket still live on. I hope he feels that in how he got boo'd that majority of people aren't dumb enough to continue to buy his lies and don't appreciate that as houstonians, there maybe a vocal few, but most peope don't appreciate being lied to. and hopefully he learns for this next go aroudn and we can focus on what we came here to focus on, Houston Rockets and not Landry's financial situation

9. csc177

csc177 Member

Wish Lowry and Mchale didn’t bump heads.

also Morey had a propensity of trading players and then trying to get them back (ariza, Goran, Roco, etc.)

rockets1995 and saleem like this.
  10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Im going to go out on a limb here and say season tix holders are probably at a low point right now compared to the last 30 years.

Some of these members just dont understand the impact this moron is having on this franchise and blame Harden for everything.

#10 Clutch City1993, Jul 22, 2021
    HP3, DonatelloLimestone and saleem like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockets are clearly a fantastic organization, all of the players, members of our FO who are jumping this disgusting sinking ship are being provided motorboats to safe destinations

HP3, Nook, palmsnbananas and 2 others like this.
  12. KingCheetah

Even Westbrook was put in the best situation possible with his albatross contract. Who are some others I'm forgetting (good and bad)?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We traded CP to OKC which is a violently offensive thing to do

HP3, Nook, CarlosGM and 5 others like this.
  14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ryan Anderson to the waiver wire (and to Phoenix)

KingCheetah likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

Yeah that's a bad one for sure, but pre Stone and I don't think Morey had a choice.

16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Team typical do that when going rebuilding. Morey did trade Battier to Miami.

amaru likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oladipo got to go to Miami which was his preferred destination

We waived McLemore, he got to play for the Lakers

Cousins reportedly said that parting ways with Houston was not mutual... So that's not so good. He ended up in LA though and got to see the WCFs

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rockets FO are consumate professionals and leaders.

hakeem94 and jb86 like this.
  19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Victor Oladipo got traded to his preferred spot too

20. jb86

jb86 Member

Yeah. It creates good karma for the organization when you do the players a solid. Now the players, that did get traded, can not say that the Rockets did them dirty like when Morey was running the show. A lot of key role players would never come to the Rockets because of how Morey would be so cut throat. As you can see we did get the #2 pick this year. Besides losing, I feel like we got a really good pick this year because we did right by people while others didn't do right by us.

hakeem94 likes this.