1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Republicans lead an anti-vax movement?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by durvasa, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Republicans have embraced the anti-vax movement.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

If Trump told them his penis cured covid they’d be lining up to lick it. The right is just the party small fat morons.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It actually comes down to the antivax party - yours.

It's obviously embarrassing for you and it should be

#23 SamFisher, Jul 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

So…….RFK Jr?

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

What is anti-vax? Because so far 99 percent of the people being labeled as against vaccines simply do not approve of taking experimental vaccines that have not been tested enough.

FYI I have taken a vaccine (not MRNA), but I DON'T think people should be pressured or forced to take the MRNA vaccines. This is not ANTIVAX. Antivax is when people are against all vaccines in general, but again politicians are co-opting a term to demonize groups of people to push policy. So when yall talk about it be clear... do you mean people who are anti-experimental vax? Or people anti-all vaccines.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Maybe you should be the first test subject. It's a suppository.

7. Buck Turgidson

This is exactly what is happening, so YAY

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

You can effectively replace the word "science" with "institutions", because that's what it really boils down to.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Have not met anyone who fits this description... I mean they exist but how many people are like this?

10. SamFisher

Nah. They only don't like institutions when they aren't allowed to dictate their behavior. They love institutions when they have an unbreakable stranglehold.

Not consistent with participatory democracy.

London'sBurning likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Of course you have taken a vaccine as long as you live in the US and attended public school or most private schools who mandate vaccines for measles or polio and others. That’s the crazy part about all of this. People like yourself and your parents have your entire life been okay with the risk of a vaccine vs catching a deadly virus. However now when it comes to Covid which has killed 600,000 Americans in a very short period of time, the trade off of risks is not rationally comprehended on any basic human level.

The only difference is anti vaccine political propaganda disinformation. That’s it. Any other virus any other time and you would have not thought twice about the risk of each and made the obvious decision. Not to mention the patriotic decision to do what’s best for getting our country’s economy stabilized.

So when you aren’t getting a life saving vaccine just because you are polluted with disinformation that is clouding your judgement or you are casting doubt about a life saving vaccine just because of political motivations (see Tucker Carlson who got the vaccine but peddles this nonsense), either way you have well earned the title of being “antivax” and you deserve public shame.

95% of the June numbers of Covid hospitalizations were unvaccinated per the data. Now we are about to see almost 1000 deaths a day AGAIN…. What rational human being wouldn’t get the vaccine at this point if they were actually using logic and reason? Get the F-ing shot or you’ll be owning the libs from the grave.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrev...eaths-in-the-u-s-according-to-available-data/

#31 dobro1229, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There is now abundant evidence that the MRNA vaccines are effective and safe. If you are choosing to trust non-experts over the professional medical community when it comes to vaccinations, to the detriment of the public health, you are anti-vax by my definition.

13. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about the state government of Tennessee? Their newly passed law is against the promotion of all vaccines to children.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No ****, I can't believe the embracing of dumb****ery - I mean why listen to folks on the TV or internet who could barely pass biology over scientists.

The GOP embraced stupidity - and ignorance, and now it is biting them in the ass......Stupid is as Stupid does.

DD

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

reminiscent of Mao's Anti-Intellectualism

if i remember my world history,
    Mao brought communism to China after his CCP defeated / kicked out the KMT Government in 1949.
    in the 1950s/60s, he manipulated the CCP---injecting the GLF folly and then the cultural revolution to counter intellectualism---to purge his political rivals within the party.

What ensued was a decade of hysteria, violence and chaos that pitted people against each other: rural versus urban, young versus old, common folk versus party elite, and the masses versus the intellectuals, who, as it turned out, were the very “counterrevolutionary revisionists” that Mao had vehemently denounced.​

The Great Trumpian Cultural Revolution –
    Maoist Anti-Intellectualism in the Trump Era

#35 adoo, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  16. SamFisher

No Worries likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Urban Texas, and increasingly suburban Texas, voted against trump by a solid majority. 53% of the residents of Travis County, where we live, are fully vaccinated. That's a much higher percentage than any other urban county with a major city, except for El Paso County at 56%. Bexar County (San Antonio) is at 46%, Harris County (Houston) 44%, and Dallas County (Dallas, obviously) 43%. It clearly illustrates how politicized trump made getting vaccinated for Covid-19.

The rates in rural Texas counties are shockingly low outside of the Hill Country, the Valley, and the suburban counties surrounding those major cities in Texas. In fact, some of those suburban counties have higher vaccination rates than the major cities they are adjacent to. Examples? In Fort Bend County just outside of Houston 54% are fully vaccinated. Collin County, a suburb of Dallas, is 51%, the same percentage as formerly Republican Williamson County, just north of Austin.

The trend is looking very bad in Texas for the GOP, in my opinion and, ironically, it's illustrated clearly by the vaccination rates in Texas counties.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I thought Trump was very pro vaccine? Wasn’t his stance to not mandate masks or close businesses etc but the vaccine was on the way and would save the day?

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/16/9780...get-covid-19-vaccine-within-limits-of-freedom

"I would recommend it, and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it. And a lot of those people voted for me, frankly. But, you know, again, we have our freedoms and we have to live by that, and I agree with that also," Trump said during an interview with Fox News on Tuesday. "But it's a great vaccine, it's a safe vaccine, and it's something that works."

Your messiah has spoken now get to vaxxing!

No Worries likes this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You could summarize it as:
    - it's just a flu, after it was a hoax
    - my vaccine is great, the very best
    - freedom

I suspect the anti-vax, vaccine hesitancy that is stronger among Republican started with Covid vaccines. Trump has a significant hand in that with him continuously downplaying Covid. Not sure if it will have long term effect and carry over to other vaccines, old and new.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member