1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets one of the most aggressive suitors for Damian Lillard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 20, 2021.

1. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I hope so. I sure hope they don’t F this up and trade the pick for a veteran. We’re getting a player regardless at 2 between Cade, Green and Mobley.

saleem, Clutch City1993 and Fulgore like this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

saleem likes this.
  3. jayfree

jayfree Member

Getting Beal would be the STUPIDEST thing the Rockets could ever do. Why on F'n earth would the Rockets overscompensate to get a Harden 0.5?

saleem likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

trading for Lillard would be a Knicks level move…he does nothing for us, and we offer nothing for him

saleem likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Which is why its a Tilman level move.
    Thankfully Dame would never allow it..well..unless there was another move to pair him with someone he approves of, but all unlikely.
    The fact that we'd have to give up more than what we got in a Harden trade makes me sick, and there would be nothing left to make a deal for another star or even a Simmons at his lowest value.

saleem, Reeko and tycoonchip like this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I want no part of Dame is a lesser version of Harden. He is a scorer that plays no defense and isn't clutch when it matters.

saleem likes this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m only taking dame if we pair him with another star player.

But highly doubt it.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don’t want him either, and he won’t play here anyway, but as a Rockets fan you must be new to the party if you say Dame isn’t clutch. He Shawshank Redemptioned us.

saleem likes this.
  9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Even still, we have to deplete all picks and cap room. Many people aren't thinking about future salary cap. they just want good players. We already seen that even when Tilman is on the brink of having a championship team, he isn't going to go into the luxury and spend they way most championship teams do. What does this mean, it mean the Rockets are going to have to have likely a have big two and a bunch of rookie scale contracts to fill out the roster, or find the next Christian Wood. It's really unfortunate that we have him on one of the best non rookie contracts in the league, and it doesn't benefit the Rockets at all.

Ideally we would tank at least 2 more years, then start attracting big names to sign. Let the next two big stars that want to play together choose Houston in 2023. Throw money at them and hopefully make some noise in the playoffs with J. Green or Mobley and whatever other picks we get.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

No thanks. He doesn't get out of the first round often

Jturbofuel likes this.
  11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Thats my point plus he is on the wrong side of 30.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I fail to see how pairing Cade with Dame and Wood is akin to pairing Luka Doncic with Kristaps and THJ.

Again, Boston and Dallas would murder to pair Tatum or Doncic with Lillard/Wood.

If Dame-Cade-Wood is a possibility at all, it must be heavily considered, imo. That is not a watered down trash rebuild there. Dame ain’t Kristaps.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tilman logic: Can't win with Harden, let's try with Dame instead while trading away all our assets!

Good thing this will never happen unless Dame can convince another superstar to sign here.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clutch on offense, but nothing else. I don't want him here either.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait what, dame ain't clutch now. Come on guys I can't take yall serious. The man has like 5 clutch moments....in the playoffs

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  16. HROZ

HROZ Member

We would not make Dame happy atm.

Unless we find another top 15 talent to trade for this trade isn't worth considering.

Top 15 being
    James Durant Leonard Curry Harden Antekoumpo Davis Doncic Embiid Jokic Butler George Young Booker

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Dame aint kristaps for sure but is Cade even close to Luka?

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

No, he is not. Neither is dame

20. macan

macan Member

I'd say no. we better off building a new team with our no.2 pick and other rookies.
    Lillard is chasing ring right now. he's gonna demand a trade like what Harden did in a year or two..we'd be back to ground zero again...