1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2021.

1. raining threes

I cant remember where I read it, but Hopkins/Watson were complaining about the Texans org having private investigators following players around.

Agreed

2. HTXSportsAddict

One of the reasons they got rid of Hopkins was because they thought he was a bad influence on Watson apparently. It shows that they were worried about Watson's behavior. They knew something was up.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

IIRC, it was Michael Irvin who said Hopkins/BoB weren’t getting along because he was bringing around baby mama’s or something. Don’t believe Watson’s name has never been brought up but guess you can connect the dots if you want.

As I posted, if this is true, just further shows Cal is a complete moron.

4. HTXSportsAddict

I read it from someone with connections on the Texans Talk forums. Watson's mother was also a driving force in separating Watson and Hopkins. Hopkins is allegedly into orgies etc. but it's never been said anywhere that he forces himself upon women. Seems like Watson's mother and the Texans bigwigs were looking for excuses and scapegoats to explain away some of Watson's actions. It would end up leading to a godawful trade.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Supposedly, Hopkins was scrambling to get NDAs from women after everything went down with Watson.

6. gucci888

Ok I remember reading something about this. But connecting the Hopkins trade to Cal/Texans knowing what DW4 was doing all along is a big stretch. Not to mention it’d be a monumental coverup/scandal that would be almost impossible to keep a lid on, especially with the turnover and spotlight on the matter.

7. HTXSportsAddict

No one is saying they knew exactly what he was doing. There were just concerns about his behavior in general and his mother shared in the concern enough to contact Janice McNair about it.

8. gucci888

So either Cal is a complete dumbass (which was my original point) or Easterby’s PI sucked for which he should’ve gotten fired for (which was another point I’ve made).

9. HTXSportsAddict

Probably both. O'Brien was a stubborn dumbass too with a huge ego. No wonder they are where they are. If Caserio isn't a competent football guy then things will get even worse.

gucci888 likes this.
  10. gucci888

Right and then there is the Caserio side of things. Don’t see him trying to hold onto DW4 the way he did if he had any inkling of things to come.

11. HTXSportsAddict

Didn't the first accuser contact Watson and the team in December though? So the top guys in the front office must have known? I'm honestly surprised he even took the job. But then you realize that he's already the 3rd-highest paid gm in the league and it starts to make sense. Hopefully he gets full autonomy when it comes to football decisions so he can either rise or fall based on his own merits.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. raining threes

Yes, Cal's either a dumbass or winning isn't a priority. Probably a combination of both

Why do you think the PI sucked? He did what he was hired to do, he found the dirt

13. gucci888

Yup. Which is why I don’t think Texans brass had any idea of the extent of things. I would venture to say accusations and settlement demands are relatively common at that level.

I don’t really. It was a roundabout way of reiterating that I don’t think Cal knew all that was going on. As much as I hate on him and blame for all the crap that has gone down, DW4’s contract is not one of them.

raining threes likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not related incidents but two former Texans assistants…sad.
    Rest In Peace.

(Gibbs: Assistant head coach/offensive line (2008–2009))
    (Knapp: Quarterbacks coach (2010–2011))

#1674 J.R., Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Texanstradamus

Never been this unexcited about a football season I’m just ready go get the first overall pick and fast forward to the draft at this point

16. Fantasma Negro

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Watson seeing all those massage tables might give him some PTSD

18. mario_v

mario_v Member

19. HTXSportsAddict

Rudyc281 and UTSA2step like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member