1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Draft Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 3, 2021.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's okay. Not everything Hemingway wrote was "A Farewell to Arms" or "The Snows of Kilimanjaro" or "The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber".

We'll let Bima come up with another trade. A good trade. A better trade!

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It sounds like them getting an actual useful rotational player rather than drafting a player who will not help them for at least a few more years. Seems smart to me - the days of Steph being the single handed game winning super nova are probably numbered at this point so why build talent in the draft when realistically you are trying to maximize the last few years left with their "core"? I'm sure they wait to see what is waiting for them at the 13th pick, but certainly a high upside project wouldn't be in the cards for them unless they were really high on that person turning into a star in the future to take the mantle from Steph, Klay, and Draymond.

jch1911 likes this.
  3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Never underestimate the power of
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#83 jch1911, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol Warriors 170 mill and haven't batted an eye, Warriors are the most profitable team in the NBA as well, the $ difference between House + 23 and Looney + 14 is small

Now, we could probably maneuver some 3-way deal where we take on Wiggins while sending out very little salary to the Warriors, and THAT would make a significant difference on their payroll, but that would probably require us having a different owner, and for the Warriors ownership to suddenly catch ferttitafever

jch1911 likes this.
  5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Since they are a repeat offender (the cost of those multiple championships), I thought the tax was intended to really hurt

I believe I read that they had operating revenue of $155M and a tax bill of $147M. (Although they were the 2nd MVFranchise after Knicks at almost $5B)

Edit: hit save before I finished typing

But I do see your point and moving Wiggins. It does make more sense, but that may be what the #7 pick and Wiggins are for

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah Warriors are amongst the most profitable and highly valued teams in the world, it may be hard for us to understand after what we witnessed Tilman do, by all accounts the Warriors are indicating no concern with repeater tax, and have solely made moves in regards to on-court production as of now

7. Landry's Tooth

Not saying i would do this, but i would think about it...

To Kings:
    John Wall
    #2, #23, #24

To Rockets:
    Buddy Hield
    Marvin Bagley
    Delon Wright

Why Sacramento does it?

Wall is their 6th man turning the backcourt over to fox/haliburton. They unload 24 million in cap space a year sooner. They get a chance at Evan Mobley to pair with their backcourt. They get late 1s to add some depth and role players around their big 3.

Houston would get elite shooting in Hield to space the floor better with Porter. Think Hield now v Green or Suggs... those guys may top out at Hield level. Houston then gets Bagley to pair with Wood and a #9 pick to add a piece...

Not sure i do it because I'm not high on Bagley and hield/porter is a siv on defense... unloading Wall is a nice bonus though due to his negative value...

Just not sold on Green or Suggs being that much better than what Hield can do... Hield would be better off the ball with porter running the offense...

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Pistons pick/Washingtons pick back to them for #15.(assuming we cant use Pistons pick to move to #1)
    House+#23+#24 for # 14.

#2-Green
    #14-Kai Jones
    #15-Isaiah Jackson

Wood/Jackson
    KMJ/Kai Jones
    Tate/Nwaba (re-signed)
    Gordon/Green/Brooks
    KPJ/Thomas/Wall

for next year.

9. sydmill

sydmill Member

Hou out: pick #2
    Hou in: pick #3 + Okoro

Cle out: Okoro + pick 3
    Cle in: pick #2

Why Houston does it:
    If Rockets view the difference between Green and Mobley as negligible then they can dangle the chance at Green in front of Cleveland for the cost of their lottery pick from 2020. Okoro profiles as a plus defender at either the 2 or 3. The Rockets would then select whoever is left from Mobley/Green. Acquiring Okoro also makes trading 23 or 24 for future draft capital or to move up a more viable option.

Why Cleveland does it:
    To get Jalen Green. With Jared Allen's payday coming Green is the better fit (especially if moving Sexton is on the agenda). While Allen and Mobley could coexist, that is putting a lot of your assets into the one position since neither are obviously going to play heavy minutes at forward. They lose Okoro but get Green.

lakersuck2, baller4life315 and fattz like this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

That is the same me of the worst trades ever posted on this forum

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Meant to say one of the worst trades

raining threes likes this.
  12. kiwirocketsfan

If Detriot takes Cade, I'd 100% talk to the Cavs, I'm ok with either Green or Mobley.

13. fattz

fattz Member

I like it a lot. If they are will we should be, too. Okoro is a solid but still needs development.

14. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Smallish trade. Opens up a lot of cash.
    Works with the rumours of the Bamba for House rumours last year. And gordon playing the mentor role for the Magic.

Rockets in: Gary Harris, Mo Bamba, No.32

Rockets out: John Wall, Eric Gordon, Danuel House, No.24

Magic in: Eric Gordon, Danuel House, Kevin Knox, No.24

Magic out: Mo Bamba, Gary Harris

Knicks in: John Wall

Knicks out: Kevin Knox, No.32

Verbal Christ, jb86, fattz and 2 others like this.
  15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the trade, but Houston is sending a lot of salary out and not getting much back, and vice versa for the Knicks. Not sure this would work, but I'd be all for it.

raining threes and Grizzlyshark like this.
  16. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

IMO its milking the very last drops of value out of Wall and Gordon.

Wall fits into Knicks cap space and House, Knox and EG fit into Harris and Bambas salaries.

I personally am of the thought that we wont have to give up a BUNCH of picks (essentially we just move back 8 spots) to get rid of Wall or Gordon.

raining threes likes this.
  17. sogood.

sogood. Member

Knicks obviously says no. They're taking in the worst contract in the league for nothing, you actually have them giving up a pick.

They have 51 million in cap space, they can just sign Lowry or CP3 if they need a point guard.

saleem likes this.
  18. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Yeah like all those other high profile big FA theyve signed over the years..

If you get 60 games and a playoff birth out of John Wall. I pay him that. With no other options on the table.. the well is pretty dry.

19. Landry's Tooth

I'm not sure that could apply because i doubt the kings do it just to get one player and have to take on john wall....

Let's not pretend Mobley or Green are guaranteed to not be as bad as Marvin Bagley. Bagley's draft class was considered better and i believe he went #2 in it.

I think i would gamble one one of them, but i would have to look at the offer closely if it's on the table....

20. sogood.

sogood. Member

This ain't your old Knicks, they have a completely new front office who seems to know what they're doing.

So according to you they should just give up assets out of the goodness of their heart and take John Wall's disastrous contract and ruin their cap space for the next 2 season because their crappy previous regime couldn't sign anyone?

Real sound logic there buddy.

#100 sogood., Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021