1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft 2021 "bump thread"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Barnes can’t shoot. We will not hate not drafting him (double negative, but still valid)

burlesk and don grahamleone like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Green, Mobley, Suggs and Cade will all be stars in this league at some point but Jalen’s lovable good natured try hard high flying wow factor and winning personality: it’s all going to win over the NBA fans everywhere. We want that on this team.

Mobley and Cade look like they will be awesome but people are going to freaking fall in love with Jalen Green. Being loved = good calls, good coverage, hype, everything… go Green or go home.

burlesk, BamBam and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I really like Bassey. Good call. About 6'11" and 230lbs with a big body that can fill out, a 7'3" wingspan, great hands, who can really cover ground quickly in transition and knows what to do when he gets the ball. Bassey would make Rockets fans forget about Clint's free throw woes, averaging 76% from the line. A terrific lob target for our guards. The kid has a hunger for blocking the ball, averaging just over 3 a game, not to mention grabbing more than 11 boards for Western Kentucky. Hakeem could have fun helping Bassey develop.

There will doubtless be a lot of talent at 24 and Stone will have to earn his paycheck deciding who to take if we still have the pick, but I wouldn't cry if he surprised some people and grabbed Bassey.

4. WiltTheStilt13

Trade picks for KLOVE

5. WiltTheStilt13

AND $AVE TILMANNN MONEY

burlesk likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Want to put this in writing in the bump thread so I can receive the proper clowning that this assessment deserves.

I predict that Mobley will be like Shawn Marion. He has too slender a body to dominate inside (hence his meh rebounding), doesn't play with the intensity to make up for his slender body (a la KG), his handles are good for his size but not better than average for a ball-handler in the NBA, and the sample size on his shooting is too small for me to confidently project him developing a great outside shot (although likewise there is no reason for me to confidently predict he won't be a good shooter). So I don't see the KG/AD/TD predictions; I see an elite Mikal Bridges type - again, a Shawn Marion type.

Not that this is a bad thing. Marion was awesome. But it's different from what I think is the consensus.

burlesk and COMPAQ CENTER like this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

For my proper clowning; based on ma' guggle research, I think Josh Giddey could be a bust.

My other bold prediction is at least one person in this draft will make the all stars.

burlesk likes this.
  8. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

This.

9. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Christian Wood/ picks 23&24 and multiple future picks for Number 3…..

10. sydmill

sydmill Member

Thoughts?

Hou out: EG + Wood + 23 + 24 + worst of 2022 Mia/Brooklyn picks
    Hou in: Wiggins + 3

GS out: Wiggins + 7 + 14
    GS in: Wood + EG

Cle out: 3
    Cle in: 7 + 14 + 23 + 24 + worst of 2022 Mia/Brooklyn picks

MrButtocks and CRJ713 like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I personally love it. Having those two guys get a lot of minutes gives you probably a top 6 next year. After that you have 3 top picks. KPJ/Tate/Kmart and go from there continuing improve then let the Nets picks come in.

12. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Sigh

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

I have to admit, I missed out on Josh Giddey predraft. But this guy is going to be an absolute star. The tape didn't stand out and neither did the numbers, but in hindsight it should have been obvious.

1. He is the second youngest player in the draft after Primo.

2. He is the best passer in the entire draft, and hes 6'9.

3. He started the nbl season shooting terribly from 3 which dragged down his overall season %, but after the first 10 or so games he actually shot the 3 quite well. His mechanics are stable, if a tad funky. I believe in his shot.

6'9 elite passer, ball handler is an extremely unique talent. And his numbers, while they didn't pop out, actually stacks up well against Lamelo's in the same league factoring in usage rate. Bodes well for his translation since Lamelo was the ROY and people view him as some transcendent player.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Armchair analysts are a hoot!

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I would like to change my picks

Green, Sengun, Josh Christopher and Garuba

giddyup, burlesk and harold bingo like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ben Simmons' recency bias might have hurt his case. An Australian 6'9''-6'10'' dude who is a gifted playmaker but can't hit shots?

"We've seen this before." - GMs across the league.

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

The recency bias should have been Lamelo comp though. Also half of Simmons value is in his defense, so Barnes is closer to that.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hey, it's been about 3 or 4 pre-season games. Everybody should know who was right and wrong by now, right? :D lol

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Cunningham have not even played yet. I’m pretty sure that he is bust. It feel good to be smart and other people dummies you know. I hope Green stop wearing girly stuff so he get real good.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Need to stop these jerk ass knee reactions but man ... After last night....

I don't care. I was right. His stats don't even account for how dominant he was.

25 PTS
    13 REB
    2 AST
    11/17 FG
    1/2 3PT
    +29

burlesk and lionaire like this.