1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis was right.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Jul 20, 2021.

1. markelliott1997

Oh look, a thread about two players who don't play for our team. If only there was another place to post stuff about the NBA not related to the rockets on this website...

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Doesn't matter.....as of right now -

Championships -

Giannis - 1
    Harden - 0

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

GARM: "Anything and everything about the Houston Rockets. Your comments from last night's game, potential roster moves, player quotes and pictures. Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rocket Tracy Murray."

Since Harden's an ex-Rocket I think it's okay. I mean if you want to talk about Tracy Murray we can do that too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao WEAKEST PLAYOFF RUNS IN HISTORY you goofball. The facts behind it are more important than the title you have. Your Trump logic is too much.

Harden is one of the hardest workers in the NBA and that is well documented. Jordan partied a lot too. Offensive load, strength of your opponent, and strength of your team matter so much more. Lmao and anyone can see with data that Giannis had lower quality of opponents, stronger teammates, better coach(imo), and handled the ball less. Dont give me that garbage, all you can rely on are your soft ass narratives instead of logic and facts.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/chris-bosh-says-stopping-harden-was-key-to-beating-okc.288932/

LMAO, I remember the smear campaign garbage. Like I said he parties a lot but the factors I mentioned matter so much more. But stick to your false narratives.

5. markelliott1997

That's the only reason I come to this site. To lead discussions about Tracy Murray

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. photojoe

photojoe Member

I don't understand why there is a feeling that we need to compare the two now. They are completely different types of players, and Harden isn't on our team anymore. Let's move on.

With that said, I think this year clearly shows the importance of having the right players around your superstar. The Bucks going all out to get Jrue Holiday made a huge difference for them and for Giannis. It also shows the importance of, no matter how good your team is, having the right luck in order to win a championship. Most everyone agrees Brooklyn would have beaten Milwaukee if they were healthy, and Giannis' undercut of Kyrie was a clearly dirty play.

Congrats to them, Giannis had a couple huge plays and a fantastic close out game. On to our rebuild, as a Rockets fan, it has been far, far too long since we've been there

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree that none of the teams the Bucks faced was as good as the Warriors. But Harden fans conveniently forget about the Spurs series. No, it's not just simply about the strength of competition. And it's not even about winning championships. It's about how a guy conduct himself when facing adversity. Some people call it "heart" but it's hard to define heart. Let's just say that one guy stepped up in crucial moments and the other guy didn't.

dmoneybangbang and hakeem94 like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's awesome. Will definitely follow the next Murray thread.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Giannis on the Nets with Durant, that's crazy, obviously you'd swap Kyrie for Middleton now.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

No one has forgotten about that series. Literally no one. Yall bring it up all the time. We were not winning the chip that year anyways.

Rocket_Man_2.0 likes this.
  11. Rocket_Man_2.0

Giannis stepping up when his team needs him. :34

Dirty defense wins championships!

#191 Rocket_Man_2.0, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  12. DonatelloLimestone

Lol giannis team paid huge money for lopez, over paid both holiday and Middhleton, and they went and are now in the tax and will be in the future for pj....pj also didn't score a bucket to the ariza haters, but he had influence, grit, defense, leadership, played 36 minutes, and he ptu them over the edge...while hardens team wouldn't resign ariza, replaced him with minimums, then used our assets to save money

its just ilke with anthony davis. this ain't againts the city, the landry's rockets let harden down, thats why a gm, president, coah, star all left at once.

Giannis would'vef left just like kobe demanded a trade, lebron left, mj demanded for help if they treated him like the rockets ownership did to harden.... smh, haarden definitely shares blame, so does morey, mda nayone on that team, but to ignore those vital team building mistakes and issues and write them off when the same people making fun of not replacing or getting ariza back probably would've been screaming at milwaukee not to brign in and pay pj tuckre for a first, let alone they wll resign him un like us even though they are in the tax

#192 DonatelloLimestone, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Im so glad I don't have to defend that bum (mentality) anymore. Even though Harden didn't initiate the Giannis stuff, and that was all Giannis that started it, Harden made a fool of himself in the end. I came into this postseason rooting against Giannis but now all I can do is just ask why do I dislike him so much? It's because of Harden. Harden has been the key focus of my basketball misery for the last several years (and also my joy) but I'm glad I don't have to put up with that anymore.

I'm looking forward to the next era of Rockets basketball and I hope our next franchise guy is more like Giannis instead of Harden.

14. DonatelloLimestone

this bucks squad almost lost to a hobbled brooklyn by a hair, how can they be favorites if health is not considered....that goes to show you don't have to be a 'favorite' you can be up there and any year anything can happen thats why you go all in when you have those special players and you never now, happened with raptors/leonard, just by bounce in ecf, every year in playoffs there are injuries, luck, buzzer beaters so all teams should go on deck when they have the talent and anything can happen

mainly happy for tucker. that guy left his heart on the floor, the boards, the blocks, the hustle, the leadership, the defense, he was as often said the heart and soul of this team. And he did on a 36 minute 0 point performance, only 7 players played...but CF pretend like he as useless, now hes a starter on a championship team...go figure, maybe the box score aint everything

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You do forget it when your argument is based on Harden never winning a ring because of tough competition.

16. fchowd0311

Well if it's between Mobley and Green at least we know excess weight won't be an issue.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

are you my twin?

jeeesh this is 100% how I feel

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

I'll always value Harden because at the very least he made the Rockets relevant for a decade. As a Rocket fan I can't ignore there even though I didn't appreciate his okay style and his odd attributes closing out games.

But ya, I'm hoping the new franchise player for the Rockets mimics Giannis' outlook and mentality more than Harden's.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

"Forget" is of course a euphemism for sweeping it under the rug. Like I said, ultimately it's not about winning chips. I've always said that ring counting is one of the dumbest ways to measure a player's greatness. Winning championship is never controlled by just one guy. It involves a lot of factors.

What Harden fans cannot dismiss is how he wilted in crucial moments, not just one time, but several times over the years. His numbers in elimination games are pretty damning. It has little to do with the strength of competition.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I remember saying when Harden was traded to the Nets for some people to wait before they start going on about Championship Harden.

Don't take it for granted, having the talent to win is one thing, having the luck and mentality? Another thing entirely.

Like, I get that guys were hurt (as is the case every year) but the Bucks beat who was in front of them...and Giannis literally put up the 2nd best gamescore in NBA Finals history last night.

Let that sink in.

There is 'winning a ring' and then there is 'WINNING a ring' and Giannis did the latter. Historically, yes, right now, Giannis is over Harden. Having that finals MVP is a big deal. To put Harden over Giannis right now starts with "If..." and most people are going to ignore that. It's a hypothetical, it can't really be proven. Games are not played on paper because if they were, Suns win this series in 5.

Giannis really went out there had an all time series in the finals.

And yeah, there have been times when Harden disappeared, enough times for people to doubt if he has the championship mentality to win. He can still prove people wrong, of course, but I really doubt it at this point personally. He seems to really enjoy the off-court lifestyle, more power to him, I bet I'd be the same way if I were in his position honestly and life is more than basketball...

Thankfully for Harden he has a great team around him...but if he doesn't win with this Nets team that's going to hurt his legacy a lot. Probably more than if he had just stayed in Houston trying to carry a bad team...because now the expectation is championship. Not ECF, not finals, but Championship...and it won't hurt Kyrie's or Durant's legacy as much because they've won rings.

Easy, dmoneybangbang and REEKO_HTOWN like this.