1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Actually its Green who is 180 lbs soaking wet.

ballplayer and ThatBoyNick like this.
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

What point isn't being considered enough is the post you're quoting is literally questioning the intelligence of anyone who likes Jalen Green and you're taking away the point that gels more with your views. The toxicity surrounding what really equates to educated guessing by a bunch of fans who have no control of who the team selects is astounding. Yea, this Jalen Green favoring poster knows some multi-syllable words.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Notice I only focused on the relevant point in that quote and ignoring the noise?

You should try that too.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They are both skinny as hell

Unlike Chad Jalen Suggs who’s got a strong NBA body day 1 at 20 years old

MystikArkitect and D-rock like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nah, you quoted the whole thing and ignored the rest. It's the equivalent of quoting something an evil person said and acting like the rest didn't exist. Everyone knows where you stand on Mobley. He's the analytical choice and FFS you wanted Mo Bamba at PF at one point in one of your 10 team trades with AG at the three. Evan Mobley is your dream come true prospect and likely will get passed on. I get that it's frustrating. Don't let these negative energy people drag you down with them because they said some agreeable things.

Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Nerlens Noel weighed in at 206 pounds at the draft combine. He's listed as 220 right now.

Kevin Durant reportedly weighed between 215 and 225 at the time he was drafted. He's listed as 240 now.

Anthony Davis had a listed weight of 223 at the time of the draft. He's listed as 253 now.

Mobley's lack of weight shouldn't be any kind of red flag imo. He'll get as big/strong as he needs to be.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think the evil person comparison is overkill but I understand your point.

And I wanted Bamba to pair with Harden as Clint replacement. He was always a throw in on those trade scenarios because he is a project.

Would never draft him top 3 or give up the farm for him.

Bamba should never be in same sentence as Mobley, their games AND upside are completely different.

Verbal Christ and ballplayer like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Evan did not want to just beat his brother once or twice on luck and hope. “Winning was cool,” he said, “But I wanted to win how I wanted to win. I wanted to win in a way that was solidified and not a close game.”

Evan hit his growth spurt at about the same time the one-on-one games became unmanageable, and evolved into the country’s top recruit, a 7-footer capable of still playing like the guard he had been most of his life.

“He was just getting to the rim and it was like a trampoline,” Udo-Ema said. “Like a pogo stick. Bing, bing, bing, bing, bing. He was like Shawn Marion at seven feet.”

Analysts have compared Evan to seemingly every recent multidimensional N.B.A. unicorn, including Giannis Antetokounmpo, Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant.

Evan is economical and precise in both his actions on the court and his words off it.

“He’s just such a perfectionist,” Udo-Ema said. “And part of it, the guys that are great, they take chances. They take chances, and I was pushing him to take chances because if you watch his game right now? It’s so disciplined. He doesn’t play out of the box. He’s efficient. But you can find greatness in mistakes.”

Analysts have struggled to find a suitable comparison for Evan ’s game. There’s a reason, according to the brother who waged all those backyard battles and would know best.

“I see the comparisons and hear them and stuff, but they’ve only seen surface,” Isaiah said. “They haven’t really seen some of the abilities that he can really do. And I feel like it’s also at the next level where there’s more space, they’ll really get to see his bag open up. He’ll be a one of one.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/19/sports/ncaabasketball/evan-mobley-usc-isaiah.html

JayZ750, alethios and Verbal Christ like this.
  9. MystikArkitect

If only there was a player in this draft that is a legit playmaker, contributes to winning, is engaged defensively, with a high motor and an NBA body that doesn't need years to fill in.

D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

I feel sorry for Mobley stuck in Cleveland. I hope Toronto will try to trade up and grab him.

11. alethios

alethios Member

This is what I think people are going to realize is that he's got more skillsets than most big men playing 4/5. It's not fair to compare him to past bigs because he's in a class by himself. If we draft Green, though not a bad choice, it will be more because of the hype and less about his ability to put W's on the board.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Giannis wasn’t even 200 lbs when he was drafted, and now he plays bully ball

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cade?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

FYI - I wanted Bamba at backup 5, behind Wood. I wanted AG as starting 4, small ball 5.

And that is actually great advice, never let negative energy people drag you down. I need to heed that more.

treyk3 likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

i actually like Mo and wasn’t comparing them. Evan Mobley is this magical ball of clay that can just make my imagination go wild with how he could develop. His length and athleticism on top of his IQ is exactly who I would assume you would like going back historically with our conversations. I seriously wish we could have him and Green.

BallSoHarden and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley's favorite player is Durant but models his game after Giannis/AD.

Wants to improve his shooting.

Music to my ears!

18. Chamillionaire

Can't go wrong with either Green or Mobley. It'll be interesting to look back on this draft in a few years, but I'd be happy with any of the 3 top guys.

Shark44, treyk3, REEKO_HTOWN and 3 others like this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I as well. I feel like they would compliment each other exceptionally. I hope the Rockets get another top 3 pick next year and see what happens after that

D-rock likes this.
  20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I mean, the average Jalen Green fan is definitely a few points lower than average on the IQ scale, but that's an artifact of how he gained popularity, not his actual skill.