1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets torn between Jalens....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jul 16, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My understanding is a lot of the guys heavy on the Suggs bandwagon have been following him for a while and were very happily surprised at his college play in the sense that he wasn't the same type of player in college as in high school.

Apparently in high school he was a bulldog score first guard. At Gonzaga he ran the ship while being impressive in every area and deferring to the upperclassmen talent when required.

To them this is a very positive that he can be both the score first PG and the pass first, run the ship PG.

Personally, I think he is VERY VERY good.

Both Jalen's are good.

Cade is good.

Evan is good.

Rockets are playing this wisely.

Just wish we'd hear more about workouts.

2. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Allen Leavell, dude!

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

the only thing I’d say to counter (now that I found out who the comp is ) is that Suggs is definitely bigger than Johnny .

Plus the difference in FG and TS % shows that Suggs probably has a better chance at scoring in the paint in the NBA .

steddinotayto likes this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

At least somebody is telling the truth.

roslolian likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just wait for July 29th. Most of the stuff I hear from tweets seems like leaks from everybody that wants to spread crap. I honestly can't tell what's truth and what's not. The only truth is that on July 29th it will reveal itself, so ... I'll just wait and not care for now.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Rockets could easily wash that away by resigning Donatas Motiejunas for summer league.

7. csc177

csc177 Member

Does drafting Jalen Suggs force us to move the locker of our current PG KPJ? If so, that wouldn[t end well.

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

WHAT?? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING

9. H.D.

H.D. Member

John Wall.

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Suggs is Mike Conley type player, he might be the better fit for us but he won't take us to a ring. Actually both Jalens won't it; just depends on how Stone wants to build this team. Also Toronto really wants Jalen Green badly so it's possible if we trade down they will give us a lot in return.

Personally, I wouldn't do it unless Toronto is willing to give us a huge package for the #2.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Suggs has a history of injuries. Green is more durable.

12. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I definitely wouldn't trade the farm to move up one spot this year. If we could give Detroit back there pick and one or even both of our late first this year, I would be ok. I'd take either Green or if Detroit really like Green then we would have Cade fall in our laps and that would be perfect.

Would not mind a trade of Wood to GS for Wiseman and their 2 firsts. Wood is more of a win now type player that they would hope Wiseman would eventually develop into, however GS is in win now mode for next year.

Now next draft would be the one I might trade the farm for if Holmgren plays well and looks like he could be a Durant type player.

csnerd84 likes this.
  13. ballgame

ballgame Member

I don't want to be the Sacramento Kings, a young team for over 20yrs....too many young players is not good!

tycoonchip likes this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Haha we've been a "young" team for a grand total of 1 year over the last 15 years. I think we'll be ok.

roslolian likes this.
  15. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I like the idea of having a top 2 pick next year, then you start adding veteran pieces as your young guys develop. I really don't have a desire to slide into the playoffs at 8-10 next year. Feel like then you might just be building a solid team. I want a team that competes for championships over a 4 or 5 year period.

ROCK3TM4N and roslolian like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

So the Brandon Roy comp works?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Between a Suggs and a Green Place.

18. Denovo

Denovo Member

KPJ + Green >>> Suggs + KPJ

tycoonchip, ROCK3TM4N and roslolian like this.
  19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bullard is inthe front office now right?

He is extremely high on Suggs - talked about wanting him in Rockets uniform.

I don't mind a trade back to 4 if we get an asset. I have no clue who will be better out of the Jalens. Suggs defensively can be a game changer through effort. I am mildly scared by the defensive output of a KPJ Green backcourt...

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  20. sheb

sheb Member

Perhaps they are putting this out there because we’re going to trade down to #4? Toronto is picking 4th and there’s been a lot of talk about them.