1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something rubs me the wrong way about the democrats and especially Joe Biden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HardenVolumeOne, Jul 14, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do recall that Biden struck an infrastructure deal with Republicans even when many in his own party were and still are against it?

Also while Biden has reversed a lot of Trump’s policies he’s left in place several key ones including sanctions on Iran, sanctions on the PRC, border policies, O&G drilling leases in public land, and is fulfilling Trump’s goal of withdrawing from Afghanistan.

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Damn man. It’s almost like the whole Biden is a failure thing is not true. So many inconvenient facts.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Thanks appreciate it.

I agree that Trump set us back on many things and most of his rhetoric was toxic. I personally feel that he will go down as one of our worst Presidents. What I’m pointing out though is that his record like all Presidents is complicated and history is rarely simple.

One of the things that I felt on Jan. 20 was that the last 4 years in addition to many things had been a massive wasted opportunity. Trump did have the ability to be a transformative President. As someone who wasn’t beholden to the party structure with an incredibly loyal following he could’ve done much. If he had actually followed though with the populist rhetoric he might’ve found allies with Sanders on issues like trade and corporate policies. Instead he embraced the worst elements of populism and focused on cultural populism rather than economic populism. He pushed the culture war and grievance which is why we saw the trade deficit actually increase while coal jobs decreased under his administration. Rather than solving the problems of his rural blue collar base he got them more distracted.

Rileydog likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why? That baby is loved. And men can breastfeed so it's not crazy for a trans woman to try.

5. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would agree that ”someone who wasn’t beholden to the party structure with an incredibly loyal following” could be a transformative leader. But Trump was never that someone, and anyone who has simply listened to his own words for the past 35 years would know that he lacked such “ability” (or perhaps more accurately, temperament). Furthermore, that incredibly loyal following was and is largely the result of his culture war positions and (maybe even more so) his willingness to translate the typical Republican dog whistles into explicit statements of bigotry. His populism was about as genuine and substantial as a Rockefeller’s.

rocketsjudoka and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...the mistake, @rocketsjudoka...

...was thinking that the Donald was ever going to do something that wasn't going to be about lining his own pockets.

The Donald was presented with no opportunity to do anything other than be the Donald, for everybody to see...

...and for the ignorant and stupid to embrace and deify...

...and the vapid and vicious to be emboldened and encouraged by.

Let's concede, for discussion's sake, that the Donald's presidential term is, at best and as you say, complicated and historically nuanced.

That posture, right there, is the first and largest problem with assigning anything like "normalcy" or "consistency" or "intrigue" with anything anywhere in the immediate vicinity of the Donald, at any point in time or in any circumstance.

The most intriguing thing the Donald's ever done or been a part of is his family's tax evasion scheme...and even that is more his father's scheme than anything he could have come up with himself.

The Donald couldn't spell "populism" if somebody gave him the word written on a flashcard in bright orange crayon.
    The Donald never wanted allies. He wanted sycophants.
    The Donald never cared about the economy. He only cared about how much he could grift off of it.
    The Donald wasn't going to solve any problems that he didn't think were his. All of those true believers who've thrown themselves at the Donald's feet, beneath the gallows they erected on capitol grounds as their altar for his worship, who expressed the totality of their obsequiousness to him on January 6...

...have all, quite literally, been left hanging by the Donald.

...and he's on to the next grift...the same as he ever was.

What's even more sobering is that, as a nation, we are all way beyond lucky to have come out of The Donald's excursion into "populist" politics with only a mere half a million Americans dead from a pandemic that this goof couldn't even convince himself of being real for a month or more at its outset...

...not to mention the toxicity of the white supremacy he had no problem fanning into a flame in his "populist" role...which in and of itself kind of removes the doubt as to how much of that fire was actually the Donald's fault in the first place (in keeping with the nuance and complexity of the Donald's term theme we're working, here).

One thing I do know for sure, @rocketsjudoka, is that history isn't going to be as kind to the Donald as you are.

Because nothing about the Donald or his presidency is complicated or nuanced.

The record's pretty plain and obvious. Simple, direct, and simple-minded.

Just the way the Donald likes it.

...and a lot of other people too, it seems...

Rileydog and Andre0087 like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Whattt?!? Men can breast feed?? After hormones or something I never knew that.

I dunno though about that vid though. The overly emotional bs from my own son makes me feel sorry for him sometimes with a lot of stuff I’m not getting into. That’s why I said that. Trans people raising a baby in general doesn’t bother me at all.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Men cannot breastfeed. They can torture a baby by having him suck on a tiny nipple until a tiny amount of something resembling milk comes out. That is not love, either. Not. At. All. Crazy is the appropriate word.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch the video to be honest I am not interested in watching anyone breastfeed.

But yes, men can breastfeed and some women can't. You wouldn't complain about a woman trying and getting emotional about it.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I understand what you're saying. It is not that simple though. It is actually complicated to explain both sides and I am too tired to do it.

Here is a decent link to the extent to which a man can breastfeed or lactate.

https://www.kidspot.com.au/baby/bab...y/news-story/8a6e0c1aaf3ff6e2bc0342e5ad46ef76

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

**** Trump, he was a criminal, and screwed this country like it was a p*rn star and his wife just gave birth.

DD

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ok, I heard you out. Conclusion: You are Trump Nut Licker.

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

The Democrat party founded the kkk and planned parenthood

the Republican Party freed the slaves

the parties never switched

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Sure keep telling yourself that.

Rileydog, VooDooPope and Andre0087 like this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

OH NOT YOU'RE A TRUMPER for noticing Biden sucks! (cult gonna cult bro)

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You ****ing idiot. Google Nixon’s “Southern Strategy”. Planned Parenthood has saved the lives of many women while helping them take control of their body. Keep licking those baby nuts.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree with this. Trump just never had the temperament or ability to be a transformative leader. He is and has always been about aggrandizing and enriching himself than really doing something substantial with this wealth and fame.

Andre0087 likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't think I'm particularly kind to Donald Trump and agree that he will go down as one of our worst Presidents. What I am pointing out though is that he had a possibility of making major change but he wasn't willing or capable of making that change.

Also if you look at what he did it wasn't quite that simple. As noted he did do somethings like criminal justice reform and even put in a gun control measure (banning bumpstocks) and was blocked by the Republican Congress from doing more.

I'm not excusing or trying to rehabilitate Trump's record but acknowledging that history, especially Presidential history is rarely simple.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

@HardenVolumeOne

Why are you afraid to answer my question? Do you think if Trump was a better leader we'd have many, many less COVID deaths in the USA?

Don't be afraid.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

No possibility at all. he was an entitled crook from the very beginning. draft dodger, tax evader, sexual assaulter, etc,,