1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bryson DeSteroids *Ripped* by his Driver maker

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by H.D., Jul 15, 2021.

1. H.D.

H.D. Member

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/i...echambeau-blames-first-round-open-woes-driver

DeChambeau was asked if he actually felt good about his 1-over-par 71 after hitting just four of 14 fairways at Royal St. George's.

"That's what I said a couple of days ago; if I can hit it down the middle of the fairway, that's great, but with the driver right now, the driver sucks."

That comment from the eight-time PGA Tour winner drew the ire of Ben Schomin, a tour operations manager for Cobra Golf who caddied for DeChambeau at the Rocket Mortgage Classic two weeks ago.

"It's just really, really painful when he says something that stupid," Schomin told Golfweek after he was informed Thursday about DeChambeau's comments. "He has never really been happy, ever. Like, it's very rare when he's happy."

Added Schomin, who is not at The Open: "I know that if I got him cornered right now and said, 'What the hell did you say that for?' he would say that he was mad. He really didn't mean to say it that harshly. He knows how much everyone bends over backwards for him, but it's still not cool."

#1 H.D., Jul 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This guy is up there with the all time great most obvious steroid users.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

What gave it away to you? What was the tell?

4. KingCheetah

It's in the thread title.

5. ferrari77

The notion that he's "ripped"?
    I haven't looked at pictures of him since he was all the buzz last year but is he actually "ripped" or rather just bulked up and "swole"?

6. KingCheetah

He legally changed his name to DeSteroids.

AleksandarN and Buck Turgidson like this.
  7. ferrari77

Now it makes sense why they keep calling him that on Sportscenter. I thought they were joking but I guess they were serious since you just informed me it was a legal name change. Well that's great for him that he can be out in the open. Excellent.

KingCheetah likes this.
  8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Koepka saying he loved his driver is so great. I love how petty he is about this.