1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

John Wall "liked" proposed article trade recently

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ApacheWarrior, Jul 14, 2021.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

All that is true BEFORE the ridiculous contract

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Great trade idea. If Knicks strike out on another big time player, they might give it a chance for next year. They could then by him out the following year if they wanted to.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, Im gonna go agaisnt the grain here and say that we've been treating this dude like crap man. He didnt choose to be here. And none of us would have a buy out if we were in his position. He's been pretty good to the city and the only problem weve had with him is that he's really just on the timeline of our squad. We dont really know if the dude is actually "toxic" or not, its just hearsay.

fattz, Zen Tabak and DasouthDakota like this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t think he’s toxic just doesn’t fit as a starter. Still think he could be useful as the lead for the second team.

HP3 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

almost any nba player is legit, were it not for their contracts

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon he belongs on the Big 3 Ball Hogs squad

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

For the record I'm not the author of the article
    in which John Wall, "liked"

And John Wall also voted in a Rockets Poll not too long ago which asked the question:
    "Will John Wall be moved this off-season?"
    or
    "Still be a Rocket beyond this off-season."
    (paraphrasing not direct quotes)

Wall was seen voting, "moved."

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, realistically, we need to trade him, but I really dont think this much hatred should be aimed at a dude who's on a tank....err rebuilding team right now, especially when honestly, he helped us get that number 2 pick. :D
    He's just not a fit for us tbh. The Rockets should honestly reach some type of agreement with him(not a buy out cause he wont do it).

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Didn't Clippers technically reported a 700mil loss last year. I know Balmer is rich, but dang.

11. fattz

fattz Member

John Wall hasn’t done anything wrong. He did everything right. Everyone’s goal is to get paid and he has done that.

Grizzlyshark and ApacheWarrior like this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Good to know still think it's in the best interest of both parties he needs to go to a team that's ready to win now . The Rockets can still get possibly get a 1st for him from a good team that's in a win now mode..

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

What's the story behind that

14. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I think the best-case scenario is that Wall begins the season as a 30 MPG starter, rotated heavily with our young guys. He gets his FG% up a bit, and, most importantly, doesn't see extended injury time.

When the trade deadline comes, some team in Win-Now mode will take a chance on Wall if he's 75-80% what he was pre-injury (even with his massive contract). Problem is, he didn't play to that level for most of last season (not consistently, at least).

I'm sure he's approaching this season as an opportunity to audition for another team in advance of the deadline, to show that he's physically capable of contributing on a nightly basis. And I'm sure other teams with an established core will also be looking at his willingness to check his ego and do what's best for the team's success (in our case, helping the young guys develop).

So while I doubt a deal will happen during the offseason, I think if he looks strong during the first half of the season, someone will come knocking.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Neither did Boogie, but by all acounts he was great with the you talent on the team

16. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

K. I gave it a go.

It involves a lot of teams, but they would be kind of secondary trades. Bare with me..

Rockets in - PatBev, Kennard, Jeremy Lamb, No.13

Clippers in - John Wall, 2023 Milwaukee Bucks pick via Houston

Pacers in - Marcus Morris, Eric Gordon, Danuel House, No.24

Heres where it gets really messy because of salary and picks

Celtics in - Dejounte Murray

Spurs in - Myles Turner, Al Horford

Pacers in - 2023 and 2025 1st round picks via Boston, Romeo Langford or Aaron Nesmith.

C's get their PG

Spurs get a vet and a building peice

Pacers get their vets for their pick (and a young piece) plus future draft capital

Clippers get Wall

We get back in the Lottery and a slightly cheaper Gordon bench replacement. Plus 2 expiring contracts.

17. HROZ

HROZ Member

Nope not giving up a 1st.

He can ride the bench for the next 2 years over that.

Happy to trade him as long as the contracts coming back are expirings or 2 year deals.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't think people hate him, we're just indifferent. He's an albatross contract that isn't fun to watch because he's always injured or ball hogging.

The contract does't really matter. We're not competing anyway, but him hogging the ball and not facilitating the young guys on the team is the problem, which I can't really blame him for -- he wants a career revival most likely.

ElDobleK likes this.
  19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Isn‘y that the plan to begin with? We basically got Baby Harden and gonna draft Baby Kobe to go along with Baby AD and Baby Draymond. We just need a baby KD and we got our own baby Hampton-5

20. JD88

JD88 Member

Not that great, as he's been on more teams than damn near anybody over the last few years.