1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless rips Scott Foster

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets4Life13, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Rockets4Life13

It's generally interesting to see how

a) Skip despises Giannis, Scott Foster and the Bucks

b) how Chris "multiple sauces" Broussard continues to defend his "MVP". ( he voted for him)

I kinda love Skip for always speaking his mind regardless of what the consensus opinion is. And now i love him even more for calling out Scott Foster.

2. xaos

xaos Member

You love skip?

mikol13, Deckard, TMac'n and 5 others like this.
  3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Funny, nobody said anything when the Rockets were complaining for years.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fixed

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wait, do you actually think that Skip Bayless actually believes ANYTHING that comes out of his mouth?? In fact, do you actually think that ANY of the talking heads on sports television believe the garbage that comes out of their mouths??

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Zero chance. Because what, 80% of the time or more they communicate opposing view points.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  7. Rockets4Life13

I find Skip hilarious, i don't care what anyone says, lol.

8. Rockets4Life13

I don't get this opinion, tbh. Just look at the NBA reddit and see for yourself, how something you'd think could never be the actual opinion of another NBA fan, gets posted all the time on there. I do believe that they sometimes force one talking head to be "devil's advocate" and take the other side just so they can debate about this, but generally these are real opinions of them, sometimes (in the case of Skip vs Lebron) they are clearly overexaggerated but the dislike for Lebron from Skip is still real.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Skip only "dislikes" LeBron because it's a contrarian viewpoint that separates him from the other legions of talking heads. Every single one of these guys is there for one thing and one thing only.....notoriety. Notoriety generates views, clicks, and discussion. Their entire livelihood is predicated on being notorious. It's not surprising NBA Reddit has bad takes.....shows like First Take, The Jump, Cowherd, etc target them for viewership. At the end of the day, all fans are going to stan for their player/team, and act like anybody liking the other side is a smooth-brain. These shows know that, and try and rile people up because anger = viewership.

Look, I'm not telling you to stop watching, or even telling you that you can't like Skip. All I'm saying is don't be naive enough to think that his opinion can't be bought.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  10. bmelo

bmelo Member

You people really think people go on tv programes to speak their mind and not stir up the fry lol

he didnt talk scott foster when rockets complained because nobody in the world except rockets fans ****ing cared. Now its finals and Instagram memes story so he speaks

Slyonebluejay, hakeem94 and napalm06 like this.
  11. napalm06

Imagine thinking that anything on TV is unscripted in 2021

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Actually in 2019 after game 1 rigg job vs gsw, and rockets releasing nba's internal officiating report proving the nba refs denied them of the tittle in the previous year, mayority of the talking heads acknowledged the biased officiating and the blatant rigg job and supported rockets.

bmelo likes this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

broussard like many other nike plants in the nba media only voted giannis because harden was with adidas

H.D. likes this.
  14. napalm06

I remember them mostly focusing on "Morey and DAntoni being crybabies" instead of acknowledging the seriousness of what just occurred. Everyone brushed it under the rug and moved on.

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. H.D.

H.D. Member

They *always* designate *each side* in every debate. The entire shows are scripted, to the commas. I wish you could see the view from behind the presenters.

AXG and hakeem94 like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

God I miss The Starters, those guys were gold! The only people with integrity who genuinely speak their minds.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps you are watching more shows then me ...2 or 3 shows i watched at least acknowledged the rigg job and it was so uncharacteristic of what they usually do that it stuck in my mind as positive...

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Skip is a clown always has been always will be.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

An enemy of our enemy is our friend.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s a tv show