1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

That Green potential star power and marketability is exciting and attractive for any franchise.

Dobbizzle, sydmill, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are those G-Town mixtapes fire tho?

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Stone's secret weapon: Jedi mind trick to get Detroit to pass up Cade Cunningham.

[​IMG]

Deckard and csnerd84 like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let them sell the farm for it. We should sit still at 2. Cade is a very nice player, but he isn't Lebron.

Dobbizzle, Possum, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

lol if he's LeBron, Detroit won't be trading the pick
    do feel Cade is one tier better than Green, which is why depend what the price is to move up

6. raining threes

I would give Detroit their pick back and maybe a future protected 1st, or a swap.

But I really like Cade.

I do like Green too.

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think I'd still pretty easily still take Cade at #2 in that scenario. I just think I'd call their bluff before giving up multiple firsts to trade up one spot.

saleem, ak99999 and Caesar like this.
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i think it's pretty damning that no one is talking about Mobley going #2 overall after the trade...

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Depends on who has the better deal.

10. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I think that is CF more than reality.

As ESPN's Jonathan Givony wrote:
    "Cunningham is not any kind of lock at No. 1 from everything I've gathered. Detroit is continuing to conduct due diligence on a group that also includes Jalen Green and especially Evan Mobley, while also exploring several trade opportunities that have emerged.

Also KOC said in the Ringer's draft lotto show after DET got the first pick, 'Cade is the best guy, but Mobley is the best fit and also so great that I could see them taking Mobley #1'

On CF, the Green Gang is more numerous than the other voices, so that becomes our reality. TBF, I acknowledge Green has gained hype generally post lotto, but it isn't like no one has been talking about Mobley. It's just that if you talk about Mobley here you get called names, etc. So if I'm going to make a generic comment about something, I feel more comfortable identifying as Green Gang.

Hopefully while we are all having our fun, Stone & Co will be able to draft the actual best player out of Green, Mobley, and even Suggs and we can all rally around that later as friends.

#270 mikenm268, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  11. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

If HOU got #1 and DET got #2, I believe it would be very straight forward that HOU was taking Cade, DET was taking Mobley, and CLE was trying to trade Sexton in anticipation of taking Green.

sydmill, Two Sandwiches and hakeem94 like this.
  12. bigreg

bigreg Member

I prefer to be inside than run around all the time (blame it on the job), I am not a prophet but I believe in the Prophetic, and yes, I am a visionary, for without a vision the people perish and the Rockets fail.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

My b

14. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

What do you think it would take to move to 1 to get him?

The million dollar question is How does Stone view The top 4 against each other’s talent projections. And if he has Cade a tier or two Ahead of the rest then we need to get aggressive

I’m curious where you draw the line.. It would be a homerun if we could somehow not have to include pics 23 and 24 and next year’s pick

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think the Rockets should stay at 2 instead of trading away 3 extra picks and KJ Martin Jr. who can be a borderline All Star.
    Jaesean Tate can become a solid 3 and D player.

I cant trade 4 players for moving up 1 pick.
    I would rather stay at 2 and ignore Detroit bluff.

Jalen Green is a great selection at 2.

Maybe Detroit selects Green or Mobley and Rockets select Cade at 2.

Dont trade picks. You never know who is a All Star or MVP even in later Rounds.

Draymond Green, Nikola Jokic, Emanuel Ginobili in the 2nd Round

16. amaru

amaru Member

I think this is all postering and smoke. Detroit is trying to extract assets from the Rockets.

17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Are you saying CF has gang green?

D-rock and mikenm268 like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do agree with you. That's why there is no need to sell the farm for him. Houston should take Green and use the 23rd and the 24th, for additional depth. Lots of useful players can fall there.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I've got a great coach #1 and a great shooting coach #2

raining threes likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah it may be the difference between a great starter on an nba team vs an average starter

I dont think the level these players are at now will have much to do with the ceiling they reach later in career... its a lottery, noone in the world can now what these become in the end...

our team team will do much better by focusing on creation of a great envoronment for developiment of these guys, a great coach, great teammates, great facilities, variety of shooting coaches, mentors, physicians etc