1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC - "Rockets really want Cade"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even If he is just 1 tier above the rest, that is HUGE and worth a damn lot, isn't it?

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yep reading a Detroit board right now and they wouldn’t trade down unless there were numerous future unprotected FRPs. They are high on Cade while I think we have hyped ourselves up to Green being Kobe and Mobley being AD so meh who needs Cade now?

Bo6, PeterKingX, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

the piston subreddit is absolute trash

4. Mattician

Mattician Member

If Detroit really likes Jalen Green more, they'll take him. If that's true, they're just baiting the Rockets to give up assets and Detroit can just take him at two instead.

If not, the Rockets can still pick Green if Detroit picks Cunningham.

majicdonjuan, Bo6, htownrox1 and 5 others like this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Green is closer to Kobe than Mobley to AD. Mobley Mob are confused with 6'10 and 215 lbs and AD's current measures as 6'10 and 250 lbs. Mobley will need a lot of protein shakes and get some Superman eyesight to be like Ant. I think the MM group are too fascinated with Mobley's wingspan. It is funny that Pistons don't mention Mobley as someone they want, next clickbait coming.

ipaman likes this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe there is a 3 way OKC / DET / HOU

We net Suggs, Kuminga or Barns, get some of our picks back from OKC(erases some of the past), move up in this Draft to 16 &/or 18 & move Gordon(saves some money)
    For
    Picks, #2(tank earnings —> free) #23, #24

This was the most successful tank ever AND still have Wall to do it again next year, too.

I’m a Stoner fan

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

There's not enough balls to rub him the right way.

D-rock likes this.
  8. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I can promise you some CFers have said a version of that 'Green is a lock' sentiment on these boards in the Mobley v. Green debate. To many, it seems like a forgone conclusion that Mobley is materially more likely to bust and Green is materially less likely to bust (look at the poll results). That may be the correct take, but it for most it seems to be based on 'but look at what Green already is...Mobley might not develop'.

So when I see a link to this...

"Assuming he participates at the NBA combine, McLemore should shine during the fast-break and shooting drills, as well as the athletic testing. And because of his athleticism and long-range accuracy, there isn't much risk associated with him."

It feels like an eerily similar argument people seem to be making for Green. The above paragraph is 100% of the 2013 Draft research I've done this week, maybe others had other knocks on Mac and I know he went 7th. But this mock shared on this thread had Benny Mac #2, with that rationale. That isn't mudslinging.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

I didn't say pass on Cade. I suggested trading KPj. Also trading up for Cade is another scenario entirely that i'm not sure i'm comfortable giving too much for since i think Green has the highest ceiling. If Cade falls to 2, i take him without hesitation.
    I don't have the confidence KPj has matured since all of his off court issues in college and in Cleveland and calling himself the franchise and how hype he is right now does worry me that he's on some unrealistic high and a low is bound to happen when his unrealistic expectations are shattered.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I dont care if its cade or whoever, I just want Firtata to hire the best shooting coaches and mentors to work with these guys to develop them

BamBam, D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

SO MUCH THIS

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  12. bigreg

bigreg Member

I've been saying we were going to get Cade since his senior of high school. Gonna happen.....

ROXTXIA likes this.
  13. bigreg

bigreg Member

I'd rather have Cade than Green. I can live with Banchero. I just hope the organization is committed to a rebuild that extends into 2023 so that we can draft Wembenyama in 2023.

cmoak1982 and matchesmalone like this.
  14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

A few things for us to keep in mind...

- This is Stone's first draft
    - Optimizing his return on trades has been a theme of his
    - He's not afraid to make big trades
    - He's not afraid to cut his losses

He's likely exploring all of his options, trading up/back (w/ 2, 23 & 24), trading existing players (focus on Wall, Gordon, House, but listening to offers on others).

Interest in Cade should be expected. He's a unique player that brings shooting, playmaking, nice size and positional flexibility. How good can he be? Only the BBall Gods know that, but he would fit nicely as our primary 3, but could play both 1 & 2 as well. I love Green, but if we can get Cade and not give up that much I believe Stone will do it.

Bo6 and fattz like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gonna happen. Then we’re gonna fappin’.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not just tank until 2033? imagine how many good players wed have?

mikenm268 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are you an insider, just a prophet or simply a visionary?

18. JW86

JW86 Member

good point

19. raining threes

Say LMAO and move on.

Cunningham is my favorite player in this draft and the most I would offer is Detroit their 1st rd pick bak and #2 plus another future 1st or a guy like Tate.

HTXSportsAddict and tmoney1101 like this.
  20. raining threes

Two totally different players.

Tell me how much of a burning desire has to be great and I will be convinced that Mobley is the guy.

Is he working out in the offseason with the guys from LA like Harden did? If so I can be convinced that the differnce is 0 between the two and Mobley will not only improve his game, but his body too.