1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] LOKI (Tom Hiddleston)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 9, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The reviewers I frequent are saying they think this is the best episode in all the Marvel TV universe. It feels like there isn't much engagement with this show like the other shows. I'm a Marvel/DC fan, but man.. I dont know... Curious to see what Clucthfans thinks..

Maybe it's because the other shows had more connective tissue to the movies with cameos.. There is something missing here in this show..

Loki falling in love with his variant is kind of weird, right? ...right?

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It just sounds like you're not into this series... which is completely ok.

Honestly, I found Wandavision more boring through the first 3-4 episodes. The progression through all the old-timey shows was meh to me, I guess cause I'm in my mid-30s and have no real life connection to a few of them. But I could definitely look past the "boringness" to realize that at the end of the series most of it would tie together all that went on from beginning to end and form the dramatic conclusion of SW being made the true SW and discover herself as a true Nexus being. We also had White Vision disappear into wherever the hell he flew to so there's obviously more to come with him, SW, and Doctor Strange.

I feel like Loki will probably do the same, but will reveal an even larger big-bad that is looming over the TVA/Time-Keepers. In all, I really am enjoying this series and the development of Loki (variant) becoming as vulnerable as the one that we saw face his demise in Infinity War. As he said, "no one that is bad is all bad, and no one that is good is all good." We're pretty much witnessing that x2 within this series itself.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, I have found that people i consider to be somewhat controlling people are less likely to like the show, because they are essentially the villain here. Where as creative people and rule breakers love it because they are portrayed as the hero. This incudes parents who are fighting with teenagers right now. They tend to not like the show or don't get it, but that's because they are the time authority for their own little Loki's, lol.

And on a side note, I went to a graduation ceremony with 300 high schoolers and 600 parents, who were all pretending to get along last week, and I've never seen more bs in my life, lol. That is a really twisted event when u think about it.

FLASH21 likes this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If you didn’t like this episode I’m not your friend. :p

Finally a scene after the first part of the credits. Pause the scene and look what’s in the background.

5. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

L
    I guess we are all just trying to look for someone like us to spend the rest of our life with, I guess he found his in a weird twisted way.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It was good but the Sylvie backstory was almost like it was thrown in there or a massive amount was left on the editing floor.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Yes. Thought that little Ladi Loki deserved more screen time. It was very vague why she was in trouble. And she has a screen presence. Her escape should have more devious.

They handled Ladi Loki much better as a role player in this episode. They redeemed her a little.

#147 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's pretty perfect for that character.

Invisible Fan, FLASH21 and GRENDEL like this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I feel like everyone here isn't giving the time for the story (or stories behind the big picture story) to develop.

Relax and enjoy this sh** as it comes. Obviously, there is something more behind Sylvie being picked up as a child while playing with wooden horses and boats by multiple TVA hunters, especially when that team included one of their most decorated (since she's now a judge) in Ren Slayer.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought the Time robot dudes look like Muppets

FLASH21, Invisible Fan and robbie380 like this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think the thing with Lady Loki is that I don’t feel any kind of connection to her like Mobius. Owen Wilson is amazing in this series but Lady Loki I’m just kind of meh about. That’s kind of why it was more disappointing they just threw in her origin story like no big deal. If she was able to escape as a little girl by stomping on a foot then surely more powerful Eternals escaped. This doesn’t even get into how she would have immediately known how to evade being recaptured from such a stupidly powerful and advanced group.

Maybe it’s just something inherent to Loki’s that the TVA can’t completely control. I don’t know :shrug emoji: but I would have preferred if they just cut that origin part completely.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I liked how they were designed. Cool look and they had a creepy feel to them.

This post also reminded me of Showbiz pizza and Rock-afire Exposion

jiggyfly, FLASH21, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kinda interesting to see comments about Lady Loki's past not being developed when the 3rd episode ground to a halt for her development.

I like that they ended some bits this episode rather than the last 2. Those Time Keepers looked uber wimpy for being near Gods so I guess it had the right effect?

Been strange and interesting so far, but hopefully it all plays out with the right payoff rather than more misdirection and a wimpy ending.

Like Loki, maybe you're looking for the wrong kind of validation all along.

FLASH21 likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Ziggy likes this.
  15. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

I can't like this post enough.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

When I was looking for that actress in the Hearing Aid/Condum commercial, found in her list of credits Evil Within 2. Was shocked when I read that she was a mobius researcher in the game. So I looked it up and there was some surprising overlap here. Quite a bit to be honest. It would not surprise me in the least if during the Loki research process they found it too, and incorporated parts of it. The game was released in 2017. Or Vice Versa, the game could have taken from the Comic. Check out for yourself...

MOBIUS | The Evil Within Wiki | Fandom

#156 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    tinman likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought it was interesting, good production, solid performances by the new characters, but little direction. We aren't any closer to knowing what's going on than we were yesterday. Like literally, they've moved 10 feet since the last episode.

Cannot figure out why a villain would live here outside of wanting to build an army, but even that doesn't add up because he's killing off the army when they arrive. So why run the TVA from here. Nobody seems to be coming after it and it would be a terrible place to live. If he's imprisoned, that makes no sense either, because why would the TVA send all the bad guys to this location. Cannot figure out.

It did not make sense that the Loki's could easily escape the cloud on foot, while everyone else is obliterated. Let alone how an alligator, a frog, and some birds would make it.

Not sure why there is an end to time, when the point of the TVA and time travel was all about loops. There's not a lot of sense to that.

Cannot figure out why the ship would land there full of people. Those people could have been used to work at the TVA. Did they skip the entire TVA process,

Not a big fan of giant clouds after the debacles of the Silver Surfer and Green Lantern. It's kind of lame. And while this cloud looked ok, it's motivation is unclear, and how did it wind up here.

And if the castle is on that little rock, then where are they, cause this rock there on looks a lot bigger.

They should have introduced the villain long before this episode, but that does not seem to be the case. So I am lost. But I did like the episode in general for the production, design, and camera work.

#157 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  18. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'm just glad we've mostly gotten away from Loki the martial artist in ep 3.

Character development episode. I really liked the scene in the bunker. OG Loki's face lol. How tedious his antics really are...

Also the return to glorious purpose.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Beezy, mikol13 and GRENDEL like this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

After learning more about what the cloud was in the comics it's kind of strange they even used Alioth in the role they did.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Alioth_(Temporal_Limbo)

"Alioth is the first being who broke free from the constraints of time. His empire is larger than that of Kang himself, stretching billions of years to before the rise of man on Earth. His domain is approximately x2 to x3 as large as Kang's temporal empire. It is because of Alioth that Kang never attempted to expand his empire vertically into more distant time eras and therefore extends only as far back as 2000 BC."

"Alioth is a trans-temporal entity, existing across divergent timelines as an enormous cloud destroying all it touches, causing massive temporal disturbance, and devastation across entire dimensions. It can extend pseudopodia to attack focal beings or locations and grow in size and mass by absorbing the bodies of time travelers into its mass. Once it occupies a time period, it spreads out to engulf the adjacent realities. Alioth also negates temporal energy, preventing travel through it to a time before it exists."

They turned something that obscenely powerful into a being that was able to be negated by two nerfed Lokis. I know power scaling has never been a strength of the MCU, but it's just weird to have something that obscenely powerful be used in that role. Oh and also casually leaving the head of the Living Tribunal on the ground as an easter egg too. I know the MCU is it's own universe yadda yadda but what's the point of even using the characters names if they are just going to fundamentally change them?

Hakeem Olajuwon joins the 'MCU: NBA Universe' as the first Asian female to join the NBA. She has wicked handles, a nasty crossover, and more range that Steph Curry. Watch out boys!

tinman and Xerobull like this.