1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Suns got lucky

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by atam, Jul 1, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what other injuries? i covered majority of them...
    1 AD is an oft injured player its expected for him to be injured..the last year was in fact a huuge luck for him to stay healthy or he was too motivated so he stayed healthy and now after he won the chip he coasted , got relaxed and careless
    2 kyrie -this guy is injured literally every year its always something with him
    3 kawhi is an injury prone fragile player so much so that he has to load manage....he is expected to have injury the deeper they go into playoffs

what other injuries suns benefited from?

what about other peoples rings when cp3, steph, klay, westbrook durant and numerous others were injured...

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't forget Chris Paul's injury history. If I were a Suns fan, I'd be holding my breath on CP3's health. That said, Payne did pretty good when Paul was down for two games earlier.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. StevieCrossover

Well at least we won't have to see the Lakers again. or multiple super star driven team up. Good to see a change.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol cp3 almost beat fully healthy warriors PLUS durant... i am sure its at least a tossup between these suns and gsw 2015
    suns beat lakers while AD still played and cp3 was injured

as per clippers i am not sure they may be better without kawhi they almost lost to dalas with kawhi and their role players seems to have gotten wings and played better with more playing time

ps i dont even know if there is such a thing as healthy AD... its like saying suns beat lakers 4-0 if cp3 is 10 years younger

ronclone likes this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Careful... Homers will consider this blasphemous and denounce your fandom.. Lol... And I agree 100%

6. HP3

HP3 Member

1. AD has had many times where he's gone through the post season un injure.
    2. Same with AD
    3. Same with the other two.

7. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Thanks. You got it though!

B-Bob likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

many times?! how many times ad even played in post season lololol 3 times total?

even if so the FACT IS every year hes injured.. this year it happened it was during the postseason, same with the kawhi and kyrie,

also nets dodged a huge bullet with durant staying healthy, you dont come off achiles tear play 48 minutes a game, keep your efficiency and avoid injury...so it can be argued this was a huge anomaly working against the suns, this is where the luck worked against them

Last year lakers is pretty much the same luck like suns this year
    1st round lillard injured
    2nd round westbrook injured, danuel house covid protocol
    4th round bam injured dragic injured

So basically the opponents missed or played injured an allstar, all nba player every freaking round save one

and whats more they had 4 months pause before playoffs for ad and ol bron to get healthy because they otherwise cant stay healthy...
    so dont tell me this is a lucky title when the last year champions got the same number of breaks

9. HP3

HP3 Member

And? Those were all injury free.

Yea, and the likelihood of all three getting injured again is very very small.

Durant's game isnt heavily reliant on athleticism. He'll be okay.

Lillard wasnt so injured that he coulndt play. He carried them to the playoffs, won 1 game and then they got worked for the rest of them.

Agreed, but Westbrook again is usually bad in the playoffs(maybe that year could have been different).

Lakers were still better wether those dudes came back or not, those guys the very next year got swept because they werent that good.

They got lucky too but not to the extend Phoenix has. Im not saying its a lucky title. Im just saying this is a rather weak championship.

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

2017 Rockets would have swept the Suns

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

So is CP3 on both teams in this scenario?

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

a 32 year old Paul vs 36 year old paul

13. i3artow i3aller

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah you won't find many dumbass owners like Tilman who gift cp3 away with picks. LMAO. he's literally 1 of 1 and is the worst owner in the league so it's historical.

If the rockets had at the very least a credible owner, cp3 and harden would still be together as the best backcourt in the league and probably playing for a ship last year and this year

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Like the legend of the Pheonix

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Suns def got lucky, but luck is part of the game. Like the time Lebron got the Cavs to finals, he was lucky East was full of trash and all the good teams were out West, but that's still his credit.

Or when MJ got his rings, other superstars like Hakeem had crackheads around him while MJ had the best GM in the league making him a power team, MJ was also exceptionally lucky but people still give credit to him.

If Suns win a ring I think they are gonna be among the weaker champs in recent memory, but it should still be their credit cuz its not their fault other teams got injured.

17. shlhl

shlhl Member

Wow CP could win a Ring without Harden

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

@HP3

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah that one belongs to the warriors because they got carried by the refs... the suns are legit...

last year lebron got more breaks than this years suns
    1 4 months for old lebron and fragile ad to stay healthy
    2 lakers role players hit crazy amount of timely 3s, rondo the 3pt sniper...
    3 1st round lillard injured
    4 2nd round , capela injured and traded, westbrook covided and injured, house ****ed the girl
    5 3rd round refs helped them vs denver alot
    6 finals bam and dragic got injured, heloooooo brain...2 key players of their finals opponent got injured!

remmeber also this years suns has suffered injuries to cam payne dario and cp3 multiple injuries plus covided ... they still won
    this is legit as it gets!

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and i dont think they even win here if you replace harden with booker...

booker has better conditioning, hes fast enough to beat double teams and is a great midranger...you dont win the way suns has done it if you keep chucking 3s when ice cold.. the middy was instrumental.... they dont even win vs lakers in the 1st round if harden plays instead of booker...