1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I know exactly what we need to do this offseason”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jun 30, 2021.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yes really. i know none of these guys are gods... thats why i cant understand some peoples constant denial of Hard-ons negative traits... The guy is a great basketball player - but also a flawed narcissistic ass.... I've realized this for years now... i dont know why some insist on living in denial...

imo

DaDakota likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The guy didn’t win. No argument there. But This organization hasn’t won squat in 26 years. They won one playoff series in the 15 years prior to Harden’s arrival. If you’re that intolerant to non championship play, then you should ridicule the Rockets organization as a whole, because the last time they built a championship team the best player on it is a 60 year old man now.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  3. MystikArkitect

Actually saw someone say that they preferred the 41-41 Scola teams because they played with "heart".

4. kjayp

I think a championship was built - but it was derailed by megalomania... not just on Hardens part - but also DM, MDA and Frittata... despite the winning - dysfunction abounded...
    Given the far to long stretch of futility... i would think more people would be like me and be resentful that this last run was essentially squandered...
    We had a championship caliber team - and we didnt seal the deal.
    The stupidity of the WB trade is shared by TF and JH - and DM for going along...
    MDA didnt have a plan beyond chucking 3s at the most crucial junctures...
    Blame for the coddling that allowed lackluster defense and standing at half court unengaged was shared by a few...
    The fact that our two stars reportedly 'weren't even talking to each other for a couple months' and 'created tension' among the team (CP/JH) certainly wasnt setting aside pettiness to focus on a championship...
    There are just so many examples of stupidity being placed above the focus of winning a championship that idk how people cant shake their head at the squandered opportunities...

people can blame the officials, or CP3s hamstring or Frittata... but there were plenty of little things that were tolerated which could have helped us overcome some of the adversities we faced...

imo...

DatRocketFan likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I loved Scola, and loved how hard he played.

My favorite Harden team was 2018, that is the best Rockets team I have seen in the regular season, every game it felt like they would win......

DD

crimsonghost likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m glad someone knows exactly what we should do around here :rolleyes:

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This is a statement i can mostly agree to. I still think the hammy and Frittata were adversities wayyyy to big to overcome, but that's quite debatable.
    If every harden hater thought like u, i aint complaining and full heartedly agree.

We could have win it all, but i rather attribute it to bad luck (GSW, HAMMY, ZEBRAS), coaching deficiencies, than simply state harden is a fking choker. when a team fking implodes, there's plenty of blame to go all around, if every fan can see it wasn't all harden to b blame for it i guarantee there would b that much debate in these forums, alas we have some harden haters intent on blaming everything on the same dude that made us exciting to watch the past few years.

I still am firmly behind the cheap ass owner side that this will b the main factor on what's gonna hinder us from ever winning it all, and this time there won't b harden to b used as the punching bag for y we won't win it all.

kjayp likes this.
  8. kjayp

it certainly wasnt all harden - there was plenty of blame to go around but Harden has his share too...

what could be construed as 'bad luck' can also be viewed as 'failure to have a backup plan'... lol

Quite simply I think our biggest downfall was being too dependent on Harden - and not having/exploring other options...

(goes back to layering on the load when we sought to keep the playoff streak alive - in the process gave up a frp from Ty Lawson trade to get kicked in the first round of the playoffs... a fool's folly if u have to be so dependent on a single player...)

I thought McHale was an idiot - but the smartest thing he ever did was benching Harden when he was off against LAC and going to Josh Smith, Brewer and D12... Now is that a good strategy the majority of the time - of course not - but sometimes if stuff aint working you gotta change it up - not just keep chuckings 3s... lol!
    Well McHale got canned after making the WCF (i think retalliation for the benching) - and James Harden controlled his minutes that point forward. Layering on minutes and stats in blowouts... taking breathers at halfcourt for plays at a time... he controlled his minutes - regardless of how he was playing (game 6 vs SAS)...

Harden is a great player but a self absorbed narcissist, DM was his enabler, MDA had his own hubris and just wanted the checks to keep clearing, CP3 was probably right - but maybe was too abrasive? and Frittata was a cheapskate that was the molotov cocktail at the end which jostled the whole dysfunctional cart into implosion...

Now that all is said and done - its just performing the autopsy... lol

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Parsons and D-Mo were bigger losers and you rode for them harder than anybody here.

King1 likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

Y’all sound like bitter baby mama’s with posts like this. He left you…let it go.