1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I know exactly what we need to do this offseason”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jun 30, 2021.

1. HardenVolumeOne

Imagine if harden lost a home playoff game by 60 points lol

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  2. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Or blown a 3-1 lead or a 20 point lead in the 4th. Or God forbid, just outright swept instead of just gentlemanly swept.

3. HardenVolumeOne

chris Paul has lost every which way in the playoffs. These harden haters are starting to annoy me. So I might just play with em a bit and list all the playoff chokes and fails in the point gawds long illustrious career over in the nba dish. From choking 2-0 leads in back to back seasons to the lowly grit and grind grizzlies. To choking a 2-0 lead to the blazers, to the nba record 58 point home playoff loss. To choking an 8 point lead with less than 90 seconds left in game 5 againist the okc thunder.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I didnt see Durant win jack this postseason without a cast of All Stars around him, did you?

Kawhi got his ass beat last postseason too, and he and his team were completely healthy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

NBADraft.net had Ayton at 250 and now has Mobley at 215. That's 35 pounds difference. Just putting that out there.

Ayton, to me, looked like he filled out in college. Mobley looks like he hasn't filled out yet. He will. (I'm a coinflip on Mobley vs Green, but I believe in getting the best information I can find out on here rather than arguing a side with bad info)

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

not sure if they update their stuff later or what but I didn’t think they did and this
    https://www.nbadraft.net/players/deandre-ayton/
    Says 260.

but in any case eh every player fills out a bit to a lot. Look at Ayton or Embiid highlight videos from college. They were both skinny compared to now… but still a different bigger/thicker mold than Mobley… who is in the AD camp more.

I believe this is one of the reasons Mobley is a comparatively weak rebounder, with a total reb % of only 14.5% compared to Ayton 21.5, And Embiids 20.5 (both from college). But even AD was at 19%.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

They do update and it says 250 below in their write ups for Ayton. You just have to scroll down a bit. The top number is updated or at least conflicting. I did see the 260 number and I should have mentioned where I saw 250. My bad.

I don't really think they're easily comparable players though. With the dribbling, passing and soft touch from 8 feet out, Mobley is not going to produce in the same way as Ayton at all, but he'll protect the rim his way and get rebounds his way too. If you watch Mobley's individual games, you'll see that he actually boxes out before rebounding. He seems quite fundamentally sound to me.

I don't think we can go wrong with the second pick. If Detroit passes on Cade, we take Cade. Otherwise Green and Mobley are great second choices by the looks of it.

Here's game highlights with some boxing out:

B-Bob and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Everyone says this and i don't not see it... i just have tried to google and can't find a shot chart of his. What was his % from mid range?

Agree. As i've said, i want them both lol.

9. Denovo

Denovo Member

Ngl I expected you of all posters to understand my point.

Both Kyrie and Harden get injured KD responded with ridiculous performances in must win games.

49-17-10 on 70% in game 5 (Historic Performance)

48-9-7 on 47% in game 7 and hit one of the clutchest shots in nba history to force OT (was a toe on the line away from being a game winner)

He stepped up his game in the face of adversity.

Also I was speaking on Kawhi’s raptors run. Not last season.

TheFreak likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Listening to Walton blather through a mask is high comedy actually.

Salvy and don grahamleone like this.
  11. Agent94

Agent94 Member

How about Kawhi and CP3 opt out and Phoenix signs Kawhi instead of CP3.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. deshen

deshen Member

They won't make to the finals.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

empty statpadding..... he should have elevated his teammates games and secured the wins...hes not a good playmaker and one of the most overrated players ever..without harden he prolly doesnt even see the playoffs this year

HP3 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you forgot choking 2-0 lead to jazz

Salvy likes this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

it was narcissistic diva bs all along... DM just kept a lid on most of it and was the king of spin control... and the Harden nuthuggers would never accept a disparaging word about the false deity...

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you were cherry picking - got it.

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, i guess those games he scored below 50 TS% didnt matter lol.

D-rock likes this.
  18. MystikArkitect

He was also the primary reason we had a shot at a ring so....

Not saying he wasn't at fault. The more time goes on the more I think he just wasn't that dude. I'll take WCF/WCSF though. Those were exciting years.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

??????? Really

None of these guys are God man. Damn you guys are out there

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

These are the same geniuses that say times were better when the Rockets had won 1 playoff series in the 15 years prior. It’s just stupid.