1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dodgers - Cheating Scandal

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

The option you’ve chosen is to cast doubt on the woman’s account of the events by repeating “it could be a set up”. You’re embarrassing yourself. Like I said EVEN IF this was all a set up, the facts we ALREADY KNOW reflect really poorly on Trevor Bauer.

Apparently you fail to see how “innocent until proven guilty” and “support abused women coming forward” can co-exist. Saying “I believe her” isn’t the same as saying “I think Trevor Bauer should be in prison right now”. You also apparently fail to understand how the “she could be a liar” narrative can be really bad for women in society.

I believe her. I also want the justice system to do its job before Bauer incurs any deserved punishment.

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  2. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I don't care what "arrangement" they had in place prior to their visits. How TF does a bell not go off in his head when she's unconscious to stop or to say to himself "this went too far"? Instead he continues and quite possibly beats and sodomizes her.

His defense that "she wanted it" is the worst thing he could possibly say. Once she's unconscious, she can't consent to anything. I'll reverse course if a text comes out where she says "choke me unconscious and rape me". I guess we'll see.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

again. You have no idea how this is gonna play out. You sound foolish. Yes I think we are all supportive of abused women. Duh. GFY with all of this.

Theking likes this.
  4. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Hmm. Your initial reaction of “you could be lying!” really isn’t very supportive of abused women. It’s like, the opposite of that.

If this ends up as a hoax, my “mea culpa” would be “that woman undermined abused women everywhere and should be punished accordingly. Also, Trevor Bauer is still a scummy dumbass who agreed to rough sex with a stranger”. If it ends up legit, yours will have to be “I jumped to the conclusion that this women who got her face bashed in by a pro athlete was a liar. All because I feared the multimillionaire athlete being prematurely judged.”

dookiester likes this.
  5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Again. You sound really stupid. Yes I do tend to hold back judgement when the accused is a filthy rich celebrity/pro athlete type. I don’t just accuse people of not having sisters or daughters simply because they want to see this shake out. You sound incredibly defensive. Since you openly judge people prematurely, let me do it too. You’re like the dude (if you are a dude) in college who went to protest rallies just to get laid. Stop all your soap box bs and see how it shakes out.

Theking likes this.
  6. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Man, I’m not trying to piss you off. I used to think just like you do. Follow the money, assume these accusers are lying, etc. But when you actually look into how these things typically go, the statistics behind those kinds of cases, and the impact that instinctively calling these accusers liars has, you realize it’s just wrong to assume these women are lying. And that the right thing to do isn’t to instinctively jump to the millionaire athletes defense, but to simply believe these women and let the justice system do it’s thing.

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Im not pissed at all. Im laughing at your douche baggery. Trying to appear like you have some kind of moral or politically correct high ground. It’s ok. You have no clue how this is gonna go. Obviously, and this is incredibly obvious, he should suffer greatly if he’s guilty. But everyone knows that.

8. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Hmm. Honestly, you kind of sound pissed off.

dookiester likes this.
  9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

haha. You wish.

10. Buck Turgidson

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Buck, I will take 5 solid innings from our starter tonight.

12. Buck Turgidson

Gonna need more than that!

King1 likes this.
  13. Astrofan59

Astrofan59 Member

Google "Trevor Bauer texts"

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Trevor is a cheater and a rapist. Not surprising

cmoak1982 and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Snake Diggit likes this.
  16. vince

vince Member

Oh wow.... What the hell was Bauer thinking.. After his high horse fiasco about spin rate, I thought maybe he is a high character guy who really may have a higher set of standard. But nah... he's got to be a one major dumb ass (exponentially).

After all of his crap about Cole cheating with the spin rate, and his damb high horse. Then he does this atrocity! And it is despicable what he is quoted as saying - plus the allegations.

And the idiot pulls out his dumb text messages to prove his point of what an A-hole he is!!! New flash, people die in rough sex acts because there are a lot of crazy people out there that like being suffocated; but those people need psycologist, not willing culprits in attempted manslaughter.

He goes from spilling the beans on spin rate "sticky stuff", to now he may spend a few years in jail for rape - (and brutal rape).

I guess Bauer jealousy over Cole, may finally be over.

cmoak1982 and Snake Diggit like this.
  17. dookiester

dookiester Member

The fact you felt it worth mentioning your doubts about the woman's allegations (vs perhaps mentioning your doubts about any narrative that Bauer might be innocent) say plenty about which option you lean towards.

Htown Stros and Snake Diggit like this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Without knowing what really happened, either or both could be a victim or a perpetrator. Assuming either says more about YOU than them.

YOU does not refer to anybody in particular, but to those who "KNOW" what happened based only on an accusation or denial by a stranger.

#178 Marshall Bryant, Jul 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    Tomstro and dookiester like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

I have a wife that is a dominatrix. I have been in situations where there has been very rough sex (on both sides of the equation at different points). I have had bones broken even. However, what Bauer is described as having done isn't really rough sex. She was unconscious for a good amount of it and he was repeatedly punching her in the face and fractured her face. This was someone he has only met twice.

I don't think that he would be found guilty of rape, but from a civil perspective if the information out there is true, then he would likely be found civilly liable.

Everyone is complaining about the victim seeing Bauer after the first time, yes she did exercise some poor judgment. However no one is talking about the fact that Bauer also exercised really poor judgment. You don't choke a woman you just met to the point of passing out, then sodomize her.... then see her again, choke her out again and then punch her in the face and butt like he did..... really, really poor judgment.

vince, RockFanFirst and Snake Diggit like this.
  20. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Do you get peg'd?
    I'm not familiar with that world

HTXSportsAddict, cmoak1982 and Nook like this.