1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I agree.

Also can't help but feel this is some basketball karma for CP3 right now the way Tilman made this go down.

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I'll admit I was wrong about cp3 being washed but we needed both him and harden to have any shot. Cp3 needed Booker along with lakers losing AD, nuggets losing Murray, and clippers losing kwahi to make it to the finals. Remember when cp3 led team lost to the rockets team that wasn't very good?

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So happy for CP3. Praying he gets a ring so our dumbass owner can look like even more of a dumbass owner, which I truly did not realize was even possible.

arabrocket, BigShasta, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

wait till next season. If they don’t win a ring you’ll hear NY trash him

PeterKingX and Ramo$e like this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

Chris paul disagrees with you:

Former Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul was on the Knuckleheads podcast with Darius Miles and Quentin Richardson and explained the impact of the Rockets losing Ariza.

“People don’t realize, that’s the biggest thing that we missed. That was tough when we lost [Ariza] because he sorta was like the glue. He was that glue for our team.”

Ramo$e and MettaWorldPete like this.
  6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Would've, could've, should've... patience is a lost quality in our culture today--we want it now! Building a great team takes some patience and we're all guilty of wanting the quick fix. As much as I loved CP3's game, I thought he was too injury prone and aging to count on. Well he certainly proved me and others dead wrong. Good for him and the Suns. Also, very happy for Monty Williams, dude has been through personnel tragedy and this would be a ray of SUNShine on his life. Hopefully, this teaches TF a basketball lesson as well (I doubt it, but I can hope).

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just reading this makes me laugh

8. REEKO_HTOWN

We were a victim of complete impatience. Morey doing everything possible to keep Harden happy in today's NBA was the crux of it. I wish we got CP3 when we got Dwight. Harden was still young and didn't have the pressure of NBA twitter and the sports media dogging him about his playoff failures.

You can see it with how Booker respects CP3. I hope we can follow that blueprint when our young guys are ready to take the playoff leap.

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Devin Booker learns from Chris Paul by Chris yelling at him.

When Chris Paul yells at James Harden, James just looks away and ignores. Or totally quits on everyone.

Fight or Flight Response

Devin Booker is a Fight

James Harden is a Flight, for years in the playoffs he quits in the 4th.

PeterKingX, Denovo, eliefor3 and 4 others like this.
  10. PeppermintCandy

Wow, I'd forgotten how god awful this trade was. :(

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It is, with no exaggeration, the worst trade in the history of the NBA.

It can never be forgotten how awful the trade was.

YOLO and Ramo$e like this.
  12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If its 2018 and I had to choose between Harden and CP, I still pick Harden unless you can get a great deal for a couple promising young players. You're just not going to get the same value back, especially with a dumbass like Tilman at the wheel. I believe most Rockets fans make the same mistake as those who are Westbrook fans; While Harden can throw up fantastic numbers, most of the league is well aware Harden is not a great teammate.

I have no problem with people b****ing about CP3's contract. I would have preferred a 3 or 4 year. But it was incredibly stupid Harden and Tilman choose to go with Westbrook.

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Also NY has never won anything so they don't expect much.

[​IMG]

14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Chris Paul, Clint Capella, P.J Tucker are all still playing while James Harden, Daryl Morey, Tillman Fertitta are all watching at home.

15. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Much respect for CP3 and I was wrong about him being washed up and being the issue. Hope he gets a ring. In terms of Harden, yeah I was biased about him and defended his lack of ability to show up in big moments. Yeah, I now clearly see it now.

Devin Booker will be a solid player moving forward this suns team will be the next up and coming dynasty as your stars of late 2000s start to ride off into the sunset.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL again what a trade

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think I over valued Morey and harden

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're just outing yourself that you're not even a Rocket fan, just a Harden fan.

Like I said, this is the honeymoon phase. NY fans are the most vicious, next to Philly fans, about their own team. Once they have a reason to hate him, they will.

By the way, I challenged you. Can you bring up one time the horrible mean Houston fanbase booed at Harden or changed mean things at him?

HTXSportsAddict and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

We all sort of did. That's what happens when your a fan of a team. You trust and love your stars until it's too late.

eliefor3 likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I want to read my initial reaction but Im not going back 117 pages.