1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Finals] (2)Phoenix vs. (4)LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 19, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Clippers

Poll closed Jun 20, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

6.7%
  2. Suns in 5

16.7%
  3. Suns in 6

30.0%
  4. Suns in 7

20.0%
  5. Clippers in 7

6.7%
  6. Clippers in 6

13.3%
  7. Clippers in 5

3.3%
  8. Clippers in 4

3.3%
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

the Suns are under the lux tax too

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

would you double down and pay luxury tax after you just got robbed and jobbed by the refs and adam silver in WCF in your first year of being an NBA owner?
    or youd figure out nba is a circus, forget all about winning, join charade and look after your own interests...

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. eman

eman Contributing Member

Any lip-readers know what CP3 said to Bev to trigger him? Might come in handy some day...

ronclone, hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Just a hunch, or more of an assumption.

Cp3 was taking ish from Bev all game. I'm sure it was something along the lines of (mind you, this was after Cp3's run)

CP3: Thats why you were traded for me, don't forget!

Cp3 proceeds to walk to the bench. lol j/k

Or something along the lines of "Mock that", who knows really.

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

It was looking like the worst contract in league. He was the 3rd highest paid player that season. More than Lebron James and Kevin Durant at the time. For a player who was 33, coming off injury, a non-all-star, a non-all-nba-player, averaging 15 points a game on 41% shooting. Then there was the eye test where the guy was so slow he could barely even shake his man that entire season. Plus, there were stupid careless plays that he never made his entire career. The decline was steep and rapid. Anyone who thought the trajectory looked up at this point is a liar. And there were 3 more seasons left of this.

The Rockets were rightly looking to unload him. Unfortunately, the entire rest of the league OBVIOUSLY had the same low opinion of Chris Paul and his contract. In a perfect world, after putting out some feelers and seeing the lack of interest, the Rockets should have just noticed they'd have to give up to many assets to unload Paul's perceived rotting corpse of a contract and just eat it. At least we'd have some middling competitive years before his contract turns into an expiring that could be more easily traded and have all of our assets to start building through the draft. However, Tillman just became owner of what looked like a contending team, and understandably was determined to keep that going but was way to reckless. Hence, that desperate, awful trade.

The disrespect of that trade seemed to light a fire under Paul that I don't think would have occurred if he just stayed in Houston. It's impossible to say whether that is true or not.

Easy likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL What the hell is he doing?
    going skiing
    When a girl sits between two boys and gives each of them a hand job at the same time. Mimicks the motion of having a ski pole in both hands and moving them up and down as done while skiing.

Rock Block likes this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

CP3 is and always was a HOF PG, not a SG playing out of position. CP3 has been doing this since he came into the league. You can own a team and not know basketball. That's why they have a basketball operation Dept. if he chooses not to listen then and chooses to try to appease his disgruntled star in hopes of keeping him even though Harden was basically gone already, that's on Harden and Tilly both...Harden should have asked out before us getting rid of CP3. He just had to flex one more time before really f***ing us over. Anyone that knows basketball knows you can't have a HOF PG like CP3 playing second fiddle to a pretend point guard. Harden's great he's just not CP3. If you are not Harden's mom he doesn't take criticism well.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is this coincidence that Phoenix has the best medical staff? Nash played till he was like 60 years old, and then completely broke down right after he left for the Lakers.

JumpMan and Ramo$e like this.
  9. MettaWorldPete

even his assist to turnover ratio was mediocre in his last playoffs with the Rockets. Happy to see him going to the finals now though.

If I’m a Suns fan, I’m a little concerned that they celebrated like the won the championship last night, that usually doesn’t bode well. I get it though.

Patience likes this.
  10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

They are not a experienced team. They are sooo young this was their first and their right to enjoy it.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

so happy for CP3. NBA finals here they come

what a close out game he had. The rockets really traded him and picks for westbrick LMAO

hopefully tilman's dumbass gets to watch the nba finals courtside

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

More power to Chris.

He refused to go to the Lakers, he can make any team look good.

Young Thunder, young Nola, now young Suns.

Harden isn't there yet and may never be, mental fortitude isn't his strength, proved it last year by going to strip clubs instead of reporting to camp first and then ask for a trade.

Never had the stones to address his situation of coming late to practices.

ronclone and PeterKingX like this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

us old timers here know just how hard it is to do what cp3 is doing on the court right now at 36. his work ethic and dedication to the game are legend worthy.

but i want to bring up monty williams whose coaching i’ve always admired. this is a guy who literally lost everything and stepped away from the game altogether. and to make it all the way back now and more is one of the best things i’ve seen in this league in 4 decades.

BeBreezy, ronclone, linvetb6 and 6 others like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I like how during the game 6 they’re talking about Beverley journey to the nba and then moves in to why him and cp3 have a lil rivalry and basically said it was because when cp3 left la, Beverly was one of the pieces in the trade for Beverley, like Beverley was mad about that trade. Beverley had already request out of Houston long before that trade was made. He said he wanted a different or increased role from what he doin Houston and felt it was time to leave.

Patience, ElPigto and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

goes to show the experts don't usually know wassup half the time. bev was tryna run away from tillmen. he started the exodus

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah their owner didn’t go all out this season.

Had their path to the finals not been paved with injured stars and they lost in the first or 2nd round then I’m sure there would be plenty of Suns fans asking why they were only 13th in payroll when they had the type of team you go all in with.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden and cp didn’t play together like they did the first yr. that scoringnstretch he went on that season screwed us. Think they were ok off the court but on court harden didn’t want to take any orders from Paul and made little effort to integrate him into the offense. It showed

BeBreezy and hakeem94 like this.
  20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

steve balmer got that ass hwooped