1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy for CP3 - pissed at Harden and Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 30, 2021.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

remember when Harden just hanging out at midcourt disinterested bc the play wasnt for him was touted as MDAs brilliant plan to spread the defense - and Harden was executing it perfectly!

yeh... that wasnt delusion at its finest... lol

2. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

KPJ + Green + Lets run back whatever it takes, Start with 2!

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

To all those CP3 haters, you know and we know who you are.

YOLO, HP3, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

HP3, bumbum09, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Manu was overly underrated, one of the elites for years.

Lar likes this.
  7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Morey was also obsessed with inefficient Carmelo for years though.

hakeem94 and DJ like this.
  8. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Well I agree James Harden when Darryl And said I know what we need to do, get rid of Chris Paul.

But Houston has a history of giving up on players WAY TO SOON.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. DonatelloLimestone

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

D-rock and BamBam like this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Of course you do. I don't because Westbrook denied that article and both Morey and D'Antoni's teams tried to trade for Harden. They were his strongest suitors. If Harden was creating such a toxic culture, then why did both his former GM and his former coach want him back? And not only did they want him back, they wanted him back more than any other team in the league wanted him!

D-rock, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

YOLO and D-rock like this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will never get over it either

D-rock likes this.
  14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hope CP3 gets that ring this year. It will be with either Capela or Tucker forced to watch while Harden is somewhere in some undisclosed place acting like he disinterested.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

@DaDakota is the same dude who thought Chris Paul was wasting Harden’s prime

here’s more

16. DonatelloLimestone

"That trade was made because Tilman Fertitta wanted it made -- he thought Chris Paul's contract was the worst that he'd ever seen in business or sports -- and because James Harden wanted it made. James Harden, obviously there was a personality clash, this stuff has all been well documented and well reported. I still believe, and I wrote this last summer before things went down. I still believe that if necessary they could have managed that situation; I know a lot of people throughout the organization believe that.

But once Westbrook became available, they saw an opportunity that Fertitta and Harden wanted to pounce on, and they pounced on that. Daryl Morey was the biggest Chris Paul backer in the organization. Nobody -- Daryl or anybody else -- has ever told me that he made that trade with objections, that he made that trade despite not fully believing in it. But I just can't help but think that it was a deal where basically, his two bosses -- Fertitta and Harden -- said 'hey, we want this deal made, get it done.' And he did what he had to do to get it done."

"
    I was in Europe, and so I was six or seven hours ahead of them. So I’m talking at 2, 3, 4 in the morning. And we just decided to do it. They ran different statistics by me.

My basketball ops [operations] got maybe a little weak at the end, and I just said, ‘We’re doing this. We are going to make the change. We’re going to go after it and roll the dice. We’re going to find that 5 percent.’"
    Tilman Cheeto Fertitta

"“Last year (getting under the luxury tax) was a fluke,” Fertitta said. “We were going to be in the (tax). It was an accident. I’m still trying to figure out how we got under. I was positive we were going to be in it by $11 million. But if I’m in the luxury tax, I expect us to win."

"
    Former Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul was on the Knuckleheads podcast with Darius Miles and Quentin Richardson and explained the impact of the Rockets losing Ariza.

“People don’t realize, that’s the biggest thing that we missed. That was tough when we lost [Ariza] because he sorta was like the glue. He was that glue for our team.”

I'm a fighter," said Fertitta, who has owned the franchise for two seasons. "That's my culture, and I think the longer that I own this team, they're going to pick up more of my culture. We had [the Warriors]. We should have stepped on their throat the other night and cut their throat. It's not, 'Let's make a few shots and win.' It's step on their throat and let's take it back to Houston and end it in six. We'll pick up a few Tilman-isms along the way in the next few years."

-We got screwed in the worst way, chris Paul picked up Tilman-ism of fighting culture and stepping on throats in close out games and then left the team and applied it. That whole warriors/rockets saga, we were foolishly looking at our switch defensive coversage, in game adjustments when we should've looked at the dynamics of just stepping on their throat, I can't believe Chris Paul forgot how to compete in 2019, thank god for tilman-isms an his astute adviccec like stepping on throats and also his guaranteed business advice, find that 5 percent. We now finally have the leadereship we need with Tilman and the slacker, culture guy who gets lucky on step backs gone. We are still waiting now for the rest of the rockets to pick up tilman'isms and step on throats. Maybe we should bring beverly back.

#76 DonatelloLimestone, Jul 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I swear Clutchfans is like an obsessed ex wife who won’t let the past die. Dude it’s over it’s done with. Just let it go.

Chris got traded and found success in Phoenix. Harden wanted out and is in Brooklyn.

We have a lot of rebuilding pieces to work with.

just let it go man

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL DD with another garbage hot take. In other news, water is wet.

YOLO, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Ah yes, hindsight. The only time and place where DD is ever right about anything.

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Melo was the ultimate high value, low price player. Force him into the right spots and his efficiency sky rockets, for a relatively low price of acquisition.

Obviously he's too stubborn, but that was the bet. Can he get his attitude right? He couldn't.

D-rock likes this.