1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I know exactly what we need to do this offseason”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jun 30, 2021.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

3. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

The irony. I agree.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Never forget.

Caesar and Amel like this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

CP3 carries his team to the finals before Harden, and don't tell me harden carried okc to the finals.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

#6 J.R., Jun 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Amel, B-Bob, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

almost as good as tinman's threads.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cliff Paul

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

DeAndre Ayton carried the Suns to the Finals and I’m not even sure it’s debatable.

going into tonight he had a 129 ortg this series and a 108 drtg.

CP3 was at 93 (lol) and 109.

obviously that gap will close after tonight but it will still be the dude that played all 6 games and was the overall meaningfully better player. Absolutely Ayton is a product of the Suns team and if he wants to give CP3 credit for whatever more power to him. Ayton looks a bit lost any time you give him the ball and ask him to go to work and create for himself. Be god damn did this dude miss any shot around the basket the whole series when he got it passed to him? Was he ever not rebounding the **** out of the ball?

im still in the Green camp (over Mobley) but damn Ayton was impressive.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

**** HARDEN - his whiny assed strip club loving loser - cost us a shot at a ring, with CP3 and Capela and Harden we were 57-3, also disappointed in Morey for making that dumbass trade....

Now if Morey was forced to make it.....then I get why he quit.

DD

A00man, kjayp, B-Bob and 10 others like this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

When Ayton learns how to actually play basketball in the post, he's going to be an MVP candidate, easy. If he models his game after Embiid (minus the jump shots) and Booker continues his own rise, the Suns are going to be a force even after CP3 retires.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not... the nba is changing again and as important as it was to have cp3 and booker, Ayton is a star in the making. Embiid, jokic, gianis, ayton now, clint, wiseman... Get the big fella.

13. JayZ750

I’m not sure Ayton has that in him but you never know and even just a little improvement there would go a long way.

but it’s not just Ayton… Bridges and Johnson have room for improvement.

they are well coached. They were good last year too when Ayton wasn’t suspended for PED use. Not great but above 500 and that’s also without Payne (he played two games) and Crowder (who they’ll have to replace eventually but they couldn’t find someone).

in short I agree… they can be good for sure.

it’s too bad CWood isn’t great defensively. Because he has a knack for just putting the ball in the basket too and if he was KPJ/Green/Wood could be a similar archetype.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  14. Air Langhi

If they decide not to pay cp3 this offseason we will see how good they are. This is problem with just using stats. What kind of moves does ayton have? If he doesn't have a good point guard what is he averaging?

deshen and PDJACK7 like this.
  15. JayZ750

yes but you still need the playmakers more. As I noted…. EVERY time Ayton got the ball and had to make a move it wasn’t pretty. That he converted all the attempts where someone made the play for him is impressive and his rebounding and defense absolutely.

beyond that Ayton had 45-50 pounds on Mobley coming out.

not sure people recall how dominant Ayton was in college. 20 ppg on 62% fg%, 11.6 boards. He short 34% from three. He was REALLY REALLY good… and still needed multiple years, multiple creators around him, and a PED suspension to become this.

16. JayZ750

Im not sure what you’re trying to say as a reply as i said he same thing. He can’t do much on his own yet.

as for CP3… he’s a HOF pg still playing at a great level. My comments on him aren’t that he’s not incredibly helpful to the Suns… obviously he is… but just that Huerter extremely talented already, so add any HOF pg to that and it’s a great team.

all that said it’d be nice to see them play one opponent that was healthy.

#16 JayZ750, Jun 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  17. Air Langhi

If AD was healthy or if Lebron is at full strength they probably don't get out of the 1st, but it doesn't matter they are in the finals.

burlesk likes this.
  18. JayZ750

we’ll never know!!

I’m just crossing my fingers that either the Bucks or Hawks are at full strength.

saleem likes this.
  19. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

You know

20. DaneB

DaneB Member