1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Picking #2, #23 and #24 who do you...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Jack easterby working for the rockets now, too?

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wouldn't consider Wood to be injury prone. If that were the case then you can call anyone who sprains an ankle injury prone.
    In any case that would be way too much to give up for a maybe he'll learn how to shoot guy. I like Barnes too but not that much.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

One thing about morey and analytics, when drafting a player from college to the pros, there’s things you don’t know about how a player will react to the pros as a person

making deals is easier because you can see how they’ve played and reacted in the pros already…drafting you need to know about the person as well

I’m making this observation with no knowledge of what moreys draft methods were, and it really just popped into my head…so it may not make sense

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I dont think so. Haven't heard anything about multiple women accusing Rockets players.
    That reminds me. Be sure to lock your doors and windows tonight. Bill Cosby's out.

Deckard and Jwise44 like this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

But he did.....If there was anything to nit pick it's definitely that. I think I've harped enough on the 6'9 PF. I was avid Morey supporter. His STATS lack personality though. It doesn't account for personality flaws.

6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Just avoid his drink offers you should be fine.

Deckard and coachbadlee like this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

1 season in and Stone has already done more than Morey's dog and pony show by actually having the balls to lose and have a chance at a high pick. He always talked about wanting to draft but never wanted to do the work to get it. Only dork I know that wants to short cut some ****.

Edit: I can say this now because we have the #2. Obviously I don't think I would be singing this tone if we had to swap. lol I don't condone gambling but you can't win the game if you don't play.

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Stone lost our perennial MVP, and flipped us from one of the best teams to literally the worst team also.

slothy420 and raining threes like this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In Stone we trust

And for the record I trust Silas as well

Rockets4Life13 and Ramo$e like this.
  10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Morey set us up for failure before his exit and you clowns still worship him, what a joke.

rhee and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  11. Rockets4Life13

how is that stone's fault at all? context, people.

Zen Tabak and Ramo$e like this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Morey could have at least stayed to trade Harden. Morey is a joke, his loyalty to Harden cost this franchise more than some fans choose to admit.

13. raining threes

This was my biggest issue with Morey and with the constraints he was put under I think Morey did a great job.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Make no mistake he did do a great job some things could have been done better than others. His inability to get over MDA and Harden was it for me. Instead of trying to learn what everyone else was talking about when saying not to just rely on analytics he doubles down with MDA and moving Harden to pg. Quitting when MDA quit (likely knowing Harden was gone) . His undying loyalty to Harden (or more like the hope that Harden would prove him right.) was the root of not being able to hold him accountable. Getting rid of players without question because Harden said so....Basketball is a TEAM sport not a one man game. Personality and team building skill are important but if you have a team cancer it's hard to build a championship team. Guys always feel expendable, can't get contracts renewed, don't want to piss Harden off. It doesn't make for good team chemistry. Lebron had better chemistry with a team he just got to and were spanking Harden so bad he quit.

rhee likes this.
  15. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Somehow get Scottie Barnes and Jalen Johnson

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Neither of them entirely. I do think Stone's basketball background gives him a slight edge over Morey's analytics.

Ramo$e likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I feel Morey analytics were great.....just brushed them aside at times in hopes
    of landing so-called 3 stars.

18. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Moving Harden to PG wasn't the turning point. It was a means to many possible outcomes. He was never going to play off the ball. He didn't need to. Paul was about as awesome a teammate as he could get- outside of KD.

raining threes and Ramo$e like this.
  19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He should have played off ball. Once he moved to PG he forgot how to do anything else like cut to the basket. CP3 is a real PG.

saleem likes this.
  20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

how people also going to leave out that morey also built a nice team around Yao and should have a title way before harden showed up..

that being said he was always bad at drafting. morris over kawhi still haunts me.

saleem likes this.